HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Official NFL Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1018783)

Bird Law 10-31-2011 04:15 PM

Official NFL Thread

That 'phins game sucked.

Until Eli went into beast mode.

Bird Law 10-31-2011 04:19 PM

Oh yeah, and Tryon has a broken arm. Dude played the ENTIRE second half with a broken arm. Talk about being a man.

Another Giant bites the dust

And another one bites

Another one bites

Another one bites the dust!

Fitzy 10-31-2011 04:21 PM

Nicks wont be good to go for the Pats, maybe longer.

Bird Law 10-31-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38771613)
Nicks wont be good to go for the Pats, maybe longer.

Still day-to-day. I'm hoping but guessing he won't be playing for a few weeks. What else is new? Everyone on this team is getting hurt. What's next? One of the coaches gets hurt?

Fitzy 10-31-2011 04:34 PM

Nicks is always nicked up. Its one of the reasons this team is always going to need 3-4 solid receivers. He is great but good for only about 10 games a season.

Bird Law 10-31-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38772093)
Nicks is always nicked up. Its one of the reasons this team is always going to need 3-4 solid receivers. He is great but good for only about 10 games a season.

Well, he's spectacular for about 10 games per year. With that said, we should have the depth to get by OK without him. Manningham has been garbage most of the year. Dude needs to step it up this week.

we want cup 10-31-2011 04:35 PM

Any news on the when Amukamara is going to be good to go? What's his status?

Every time someone gets hurt I can't help but replay the Greg Jennings video in my head. "How is he playing with a broken leg?!"

Bird Law 10-31-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 38772153)
Any news on the when Amukamara is going to be good to go? What's his status?

Every time someone gets hurt I can't help but replay the Greg Jennings video in my head. "How is he playing with a broken leg?!"

Who knows? He better be ready this week, because we can't be starting Coe at DB and Ross is back to being garbage.

BroadwayBlues 10-31-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38772093)

Pun intended?

we want cup 10-31-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 38772167)
Who knows? He better be ready this week, because we can't be starting Coe at DB and Ross is back to being garbage.

Looks like he's close to ready. Seems like he and the coaches haven't been on the same page from the start on this injury, though.

Quote:

Prince Amukamara took another step forward as he works to return from a broken foot to make his NFL debut. Well, actually, it was a few steps as Amukamara made another play in practice that had Giants coaches take notice.

The rookie cornerback deflected a pass on a play where he made a jump on the ball, what head coach Tom Coughlin described as a "plant and drive on the ball." It was a positive sign and the second noticeable play he's made this week after Amukamara made a similar one in Thursday's practice.

"It was," Coughlin said. "Hopefully he wasn’t guessing. Could have fooled me, too."

To the cornerback, it's an indication that he is slowly returning to form.

"Yeah, I'm just being an athlete," Amukamara said. "I'm just happy I still have that quick reaction to get out of my breaks. But I know I'm not 100 percent yet. Hopefully next week I will be. I'm just taking it day by day."

Nonetheless, Amukamara was listed as out for Sunday's game. Coughlin said that he needs more time. Amukamara feels that time could come next weekend against New England.

"In my head, yeah, but I still don't know how I'm going to be physically next week," Amukamara said. "But in my head I know the coaches and the trainers just want the safest decision for me and not rush me. So I'm just trusting them and I'm trusting my instincts."
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ck_as_que.html

Fitzy 10-31-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues (Post 38772227)
Pun intended?

Been waiting to use it.

We're gonna need a lot of luck to beat New England, and Amukamara is a rookie with very few practices under his belt. I doubt he'll do much besides Specialty teams.

we want cup 10-31-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38772527)
Been waiting to use it.

We're gonna need a lot of luck to beat New England, and Amukamara is a rookie with very few practices under his belt. I doubt he'll do much besides Specialty teams.

The offense is going to need to come prepared. Passing shouldn't be a huge problem, but they've been solid against the run, so the RBs and the run blocking are going to need to be good.

If the defense can get a turnover or two, we could have a chance. Problem is, the Pats don't turn the ball over much.

surf 10-31-2011 05:40 PM

Can Prince be a stud shutdown Corner? Does he have that ability?

Bird Law 10-31-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf (Post 38774397)
Can Prince be a stud shutdown Corner? Does he have that ability?

Absolutely. That's why he was expected to go in the top 10. The only question is if he can get his hands back and pick balls off. If not, he can still be a stud. Just not may be a ball-hawk.

Groot 11-01-2011 03:18 PM

Nicks expects to play on Sunday.

BlueshirtBlitz 11-01-2011 05:04 PM

Can't wait for Prince to come back. Kid is gonna be a very good corner in this league, can't believe he fell to us. I was really looking forward to watching him this year.

Fitzy 11-01-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 38777887)
Absolutely. That's why he was expected to go in the top 10. The only question is if he can get his hands back and pick balls off. If not, he can still be a stud. Just not may be a ball-hawk.

Webster can't have more than 2, maybe 3 good seasons left in him and Thomas is gone come years end. So in retrospect it looks like it could be a very shrewd pick

BlueshirtBlitz 11-01-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38816399)
Webster can't have more than 2, maybe 3 good seasons left in him and Thomas is gone come years end. So in retrospect it looks like it could be a very shrewd pick

Why do you say Thomas is gone?

Groot 11-01-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38816399)

Websters still fairly young I think and in all likelihood they'll resign T2.

Fitzy 11-01-2011 05:28 PM

Webster is 29 which is no spring chicken for a position based on speed. How many good 33, 34 year old corners are there in the league?

And TT has been quoted as saying he was looking for 50 mil before the injury. Even if he wants a fraction of that it is too much for the Giants in a cap era.

Osi, Jacobs, TT, Grant, these guys will be gone after this season.

BlueshirtBlitz 11-01-2011 06:31 PM

I think Thomas has a chance of staying. You can't expect anything close to 50 mil after an injury like that, so maybe we can get him on a short team deal to make him earn his pay day, and then trade him if he would get too much money.

BlueshirtBlitz 11-01-2011 06:31 PM

Osi, Jacobs and Grant though, absolutely.

Machinehead 11-01-2011 06:54 PM

Eli is back on the nice list for Christmas :handclap:

The Dark Passenger 11-01-2011 06:55 PM

I thought I heard reported today that there was no structural damage to Nicks' hamstring and that he might be able to play on Sunday.

Ryan McDonut 11-01-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLU Hockey (Post 38816783)
Webster is 29 which is no spring chicken for a position based on speed. How many good 33, 34 year old corners are there in the league?

And TT has been quoted as saying he was looking for 50 mil before the injury. Even if he wants a fraction of that it is too much for the Giants in a cap era.

Osi, Jacobs, TT, Grant, these guys will be gone after this season.

why Osi?