HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2/19/04 Rags - Isles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=101887)

BLACKBURN 09-05-2004 03:51 PM

2/19/04 Rags - Isles

Found this link to a Islander's fight site. Check out the Rags - Isles vids.

Good times :)

link

(especially like the way mess chokes Blake :lol )

CoolDude* 09-05-2004 04:04 PM

Why doesn't this guy post his e-mail on the site? I want to have a few words with him.

Ocelot 09-05-2004 04:41 PM

Ha you gotta love the taunt Barnaby did after he scored that goal.

barnaby63 09-05-2004 04:43 PM

The worst thing about watching the clips again was having to hear Joe Mick go on for about 10 hours on how Purinton is gutless.

:banghead:

Edge 09-05-2004 04:45 PM

Ya know looking at that video I still dont get how Cairns was "jumped" like some people make it out to be. Looks like the gloves went flying and Cairns was asleep behind the wheel.

But then again the guy also probably thinks that Barnaby was crying because Asham hurt him so what can you do?

AG9NK35DT8* 09-05-2004 06:05 PM

i cant get it it says something about the sever or the web page being incorrect , i dont know. this is a new computer it should down load i would think anything :dunno:

Dantes19 09-05-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
i cant get it it says something about the sever or the web page being incorrect , i dont know. this is a new computer it should down load i would think anything :dunno:

don't worry, you're not missin much.....

Firefly 09-05-2004 08:10 PM

I loved watching Messier choke the daylights out of Blake when I saw it live, and I love it even more now that I see it again. No punches necessary to hold him off, just a nice collar choke!

Yizee* 09-05-2004 10:58 PM

barnaby

Does anyone know why Barnaby was crying that one night if he indeed was? players dont cry from pain so I wonder if he had personal problems at that time but he's in Chicago now and I knew he wouldnt sign back here

Yizee* 09-05-2004 11:01 PM

blake

And that blake Shorthanded goal against the Rangers was all Messier's fault he let the puck hit his legs and he just stood there looking dumb and the puck stayed next to the net and blake shot and scored while Messier stayed there looking dumb some more - I will be the happiest person when Messier finally is off this team - he is nothing but a cancer all around for this team

Fire Sather 09-05-2004 11:10 PM

4 words for that webmaster and any isles fan.

YOU
CANT
BEAT
US

:)

NYRangers 09-05-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather
4 words for that webmaster and any isles fan.

YOU
CANT
BEAT
US

:)

WE
CANT
MAKE
PLAYOFFS

NYRGoalieGlut* 09-05-2004 11:37 PM

Can someone help me out here? All my life I thought that "Rags" was a derrogatory term used by Islander fans to bash the Rangers. I mostly saw Ranger haters use it, then I see a Rangers fan use it. If it isn't a derrogatory word (against the Rangers), it should be, why would anyone like their team being called a "rag"?

Fire Sather 09-05-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
WE
CANT
MAKE
PLAYOFFS

sssh. Thats an Islander fans comeback.

Edge 09-06-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yizee
Does anyone know why Barnaby was crying that one night if he indeed was? players dont cry from pain so I wonder if he had personal problems at that time but he's in Chicago now and I knew he wouldnt sign back here

It was frustration. Barnaby is a heart and soul player and when you know there's nothing you can do to help a sinking ship it just gets heart breaking.

Islander fans of course saw it as a crybaby move but it was more a result of having more heart than both teams have often showed the past few years.

Edge 09-06-2004 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yizee
And that blake Shorthanded goal against the Rangers was all Messier's fault he let the puck hit his legs and he just stood there looking dumb and the puck stayed next to the net and blake shot and scored while Messier stayed there looking dumb some more - I will be the happiest person when Messier finally is off this team - he is nothing but a cancer all around for this team

But i bet if it were a "younger" member you wouldn't have a problem at all.......

Balej20* 09-06-2004 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Can someone help me out here? All my life I thought that "Rags" was a derrogatory term used by Islander fans to bash the Rangers. I mostly saw Ranger haters use it, then I see a Rangers fan use it. If it isn't a derrogatory word (against the Rangers), it should be, why would anyone like their team being called a "rag"?

it is a derrogatory term when refering to the rangers. I hate when ranger fans use it.

Edge 09-06-2004 01:10 AM

When they stop deserving the name is when i'll stop calling em that.

Besides this team has been bad for so long it's almost like when the Dodgers were in brooklyn and called the "bums".

NYIsles1* 09-06-2004 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Islander fans of course saw it as a crybaby move but it was more a result of having more heart than both teams have often showed the past few years.

When the Islanders lost their first game to the Rangers in Dec it was their seventh loss in a row, dropping them seven points behind them in the standings. Somehow the Rangers went 5-0 vs the Islanders after that yet lost 30 points in the standings to them. Isles played New Jersey four times in Dec after that Ranger game, they won seven of eight points and climbed back into the playoffs.

Every time they lost to the Rangers they went out picked themselves up afterward and got points. They held of what was almost an unbeatable Buffalo team down the stretch and finished nine games over five-hundred w/91 points and had winning records or even records against six of the conference playoff teams.

They went 4-0 vs Buffalo, the final win the night after the last Ranger-Islander game after traveling. DiPietro had a career high in saves.

And they did most of this without Yashin, Parrish, or with Scatchard and Peca playing hurt and with a twenty two year old in goal down the stretch, who did not become the starter until January. Somehow with Czerkawski and Hunter as the teams leading scorers they were fifth in the league in scoring.

Not perfect, but absolutely some heart.

CrookedRain 09-06-2004 11:03 AM

The funniest thing about it all is how gigantic a chowderhead the average sports fan is. Fairness and accuracy is out the door with a ridiculously high number of sports fans. Hell, some people in Vancouver think Bertuzzi's an angel. Some people on the island think Cairns was sucker punched. Some Rangers fans think Peca deliberately hurt Lundmark.

The truth is most likely nothing close to the fans' interpretations.

Larry David* 09-06-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYIsles1
When the Islanders lost their first game to the Rangers in Dec it was their seventh loss in a row, dropping them seven points behind them in the standings. Somehow the Rangers went 5-0 vs the Islanders after that yet lost 30 points in the standings to them. Isles played New Jersey four times in Dec after that Ranger game, they won seven of eight points and climbed back into the playoffs.

Every time they lost to the Rangers they went out picked themselves up afterward and got points. They held of what was almost an unbeatable Buffalo team down the stretch and finished nine games over five-hundred w/91 points and had winning records or even records against six of the conference playoff teams.

They went 4-0 vs Buffalo, the final win the night after the last Ranger-Islander game after traveling. DiPietro had a career high in saves.

And they did most of this without Yashin, Parrish, or with Scatchard and Peca playing hurt and with a twenty two year old in goal down the stretch, who did not become the starter until January. Somehow with Czerkawski and Hunter as the teams leading scorers they were fifth in the league in scoring.

Not perfect, but absolutely some heart.

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big deal you guys played badly in 3 playoff series in 3 years while the Rangers didn't make it. It says a lot about how pathetic the fishsticks are that you can't beat the Rangers.

I don't care that you are a mod you are a troll. Everytime there is an anti islanders remark you are there with some BS comment that is always a stretch. I don't post often but i do come here a lot and edge schools you everytime.

NYRangers 09-06-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

So true.

Synergy27 09-06-2004 12:42 PM

Quote:

But i bet if it were a "younger" member you wouldn't have a problem at all.......

I didn't make the original post that you were responding to, but I definitely wouldn't have a problem with a "younger" player making some of the mistakes that Mess did last season. The mistakes Mess made were due to laziness or just shear inability to physically compete, whereas those mistakes made by a rookie would more than likely have been due to inexperience. The day Mess retires will be the day this team turns the corner, without a doubt.

Levitate 09-06-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Is there any proof that it was because barnaby was upset with how the team was doing? i mean i saw it said a lot by fans, as edge has said in this thread...but where did this idea come from anyways? i never saw anything barnaby said or anyone really said to that effect, it just looked to me like some fans came up with the idea and ran with it :dunno:

if i remember the fight correctly, asham did give barnaby a pretty good licking (cuz barnaby was too busy performing instead of actually fighting) and i think it's entirely possible he got popped in the nose, which can involuntarily makes your eyes water, etc. no shame in that really except barnaby should have paid more attention to asham instead of mouthing off to the bench and other players. but, i could easily be wrong as well

NYRGoalieGlut* 09-06-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Besides this team has been bad for so long it's almost like when the Dodgers were in brooklyn and called the "bums".

I can see where u'r coming from, but this is a positive Rangers thread from what I gather and a negative Islanders thread, yet the Rangers r being called rags but the Islanders just Isles. Plus it doesn't matter if they suck or not, it's a derrogatory word
that Islanders fans use. I'm sure that even when the Islanders sucked their 3 fans didn't call the team the fishstix. Saying how they suck is different, but calling them Rags is uncalled for and should be left to the uneducated fans on the Island.