HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   When are we gonna call someone up??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1018953)

ZMan17 10-31-2011 08:16 PM

When are we gonna call someone up???
 
For God sake, can't we send Bailey down again like last year? DiBenedetto has had 8 goals (9 points) in 9 games, while Bailey has 0 points and 3 SOG. Is it still too early to give DiBo another chance at the NHL level? And what about Cizkas and Ullstrom? How about showing the Bailey's and Comeau's that we mean business and start calling some of the kids up...if that doesn't get them going than nothing will! I don't even wanna think about how long it'll take for us to finally call up Haley, since we currently have no one to fight for us (unless we decide to free Martin from the strictly power-forward role). How much longer Snow???

HumphreyBrogart 10-31-2011 08:41 PM

I believe Josh Bailey has played enough NHL games that we can't send him down without him having to clear waivers. They sent him down last year at the cutoff (i.e. if he played one more game in the NHL then he would need to go through waivers). When they called him back up that was it.

KingLio21093 10-31-2011 08:56 PM

Bailey would have to clear waivers before being sent down. I don't think the Isles would want to take that chance.

Islanderfan17 10-31-2011 10:32 PM

Ugh that is unfortunate, I'd much rather see some hungry and hard working young players over inconsistent mental cases like Bailey and Comeau.

ZMan17 10-31-2011 11:15 PM

What about Montoya, as in I doubt he's played enough NHL games for waiver-eligibility? The games in which he doesn't play he can be scratched and "sent down" while having someone like DiBo take his place on the roster, and just switch when Montoya is playing. Is that allowed and/or possible?

Doug Height 10-31-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMan17 (Post 38791731)
What about Montoya, as in I doubt he's played enough NHL games for waiver-eligibility? The games in which he doesn't play he can be scratched and "sent down" while having someone like DiBo take his place on the roster, and just switch when Montoya is playing. Is that allowed and/or possible?

I'm pretty sure Montoya would also need to clear waivers.

OrangeZebra 11-01-2011 05:51 AM

Don't worrry, we'll lose 300 man games to injury and our only defensemen left at some point will be Hamonic, Streit, MacDonald, and de Haan ;)

NYI78 11-01-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Height (Post 38792073)
I'm pretty sure Montoya would also need to clear waivers.

correct he is on a one way deal.. their is no one on the roster that doesn't have to clear waivers to go to bport...you could make the argument that you could send rolston down as nobody would pick up that contract

jonas2244 11-01-2011 06:35 AM

A one-way deal doesn't mean that you have to go through the waiver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_sal...r_waivers_only

Pnut 11-01-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonas2244 (Post 38796469)
A one-way deal doesn't mean that you have to go through the waiver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_sal...r_waivers_only

According to this Montaya is NOT EXEMPT from waivers. He signed his first NHL contract in the summer of '05, he was 20 years old.

He is now 6+ years from his 1st NHL contract, the limit is 4 years for him to be exempt. He doesn't qualify for the other exemptions listed below that chart.

This is great Jonas2244 for bringing this up, thank you.

Brunomics 11-01-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMan17 (Post 38782713)
For God sake, can't we send Bailey down again like last year? DiBenedetto has had 8 goals (9 points) in 9 games, while Bailey has 0 points and 3 SOG. Is it still too early to give DiBo another chance at the NHL level? And what about Cizkas and Ullstrom? How about showing the Bailey's and Comeau's that we mean business and start calling some of the kids up...if that doesn't get them going than nothing will! I don't even wanna think about how long it'll take for us to finally call up Haley, since we currently have no one to fight for us (unless we decide to free Martin from the strictly power-forward role). How much longer Snow???

Nino is coming back this game or next probably, let's see what happens with him first before we start demanding a call up.

jonas2244 11-01-2011 08:07 AM

Yes, if Montoya signed his first contract 2005 he would have to clear waivers.

Capgeek has a calculator which tells you (after giving some input like number of games, etc.) if a player has to clear waivers.

http://www.capgeek.com/waiver_calculator.php

Richie Daggers Crime 11-01-2011 09:15 AM

Why the **** would anyone send Montoya to the minors? Holy ****ing ****, come on now.

Fantom 11-01-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMan17 (Post 38791731)
What about Montoya, as in I doubt he's played enough NHL games for waiver-eligibility? The games in which he doesn't play he can be scratched and "sent down" while having someone like DiBo take his place on the roster, and just switch when Montoya is playing. Is that allowed and/or possible?

He would need to clear waivers. I am almost certain someone would grab him. Baily also needs to clear.

Mr Wentworth 11-01-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 38799091)
Why the **** would anyone send Montoya to the minors? Holy ****ing ****, come on now.


Q
F
T

HyeDray 11-01-2011 10:44 AM

Everyone is in panic mode in Isles Nation.

Imagine my surprise.

Islanderfan17 11-01-2011 10:45 AM

I say we send Mike Mottau to the minors, **** that guy.

kasper11 11-01-2011 10:45 AM

I would really much rather try to change up the lines before calling up a player. Bailey and Comeau have sucked together for two years...before we give up on them, lets try them with some other players.

Sammy2010* 11-01-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyeDray (Post 38801665)
Everyone is in panic mode in Isles Nation.

Imagine my surprise.


You are right, nothing is ever wrong with this team. :shakehead

Two years ago they finished 26th, last year 27th, and now they are in 28th place. No matter how much you want to sugarcoat it, there is NO progress being made.

Islander102 11-01-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy2010 (Post 38802563)
You are right, nothing is ever wrong with this team. :shakehead

Two years ago they finished 26th, last year 27th, and now they are in 28th place. No matter how much you want to sugarcoat it, there is NO progress being made.

They have the fewest games played in the league, and standings are measured by total points. Theyre playing a point shy of NHL .500. To lambast them for being in 28th place when the only reason they are there is because they havent played enough games to be higher is beyond dumb. Has a .500 team ever finished in the bottom 3? Jesus

Pnut 11-01-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 38799091)
Why the **** would anyone send Montoya to the minors? Holy ****ing ****, come on now.

:handclap:
He is our best goalie now. We know that DP will never be the same again, we still don't know that Nabbys play will stand up for more than a few games. At least with Montoya we have last year (2 months or so) of decent goaltending.

This could all change but this is crazy to say that we should send Al to the minors, he honestly deserves better. Plus there is NO WAY in hell that Montoya would clear waivers. No way! Send DP down or eventually trade Nabby if we are out of it. This **** on this board is too much sometimes.

We trade or waive Al and I guarantee DP gets injured and Nabby does ****** or gets hurt himself and we have 2 rookies up here.

Sammy2010* 11-01-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islander102 (Post 38802821)
They have the fewest games played in the league, and standings are measured by total points. Theyre playing a point shy of NHL .500. To lambast them for being in 28th place when the only reason they are there is because they havent played enough games to be higher is beyond dumb. Has a .500 team ever finished in the bottom 3? Jesus

28Th is where they end up around almost ever year recently. Their almost .500 record has them there. :shakehead

HyeDray 11-01-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy2010 (Post 38802563)
You are right, nothing is ever wrong with this team. :shakehead

Two years ago they finished 26th, last year 27th, and now they are in 28th place. No matter how much you want to sugarcoat it, there is NO progress being made.

Damn....your right.....after 9 games its over.
The Isles will finish the season in 28th place no progress at all...

OH MY GOD the world...shes going to end....

And the Bruins will be the first team in history to win the cup, and finish the season dead last.....dont for get that too....

Im just sugarcoating....know what Im say'in....

Sammy2010* 11-01-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyeDray (Post 38803915)
Damn....your right.....after 9 games its over.
The Isles will finish the season in 28th place no progress at all...

OH MY GOD the world...shes going to end....

And the Bruins will be the first team in history to win the cup, and finish the season dead last.....dont for get that too....

Im just sugarcoating....know what Im say'in....

POINT out the progress.....

Since you are actually comparing them to the champs, let me know when the Isles actually make the playoffs.

Sammy2010* 11-01-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnut (Post 38803405)
:handclap:
He is our best goalie now.


He might be. So why are they letting him get rusty?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.