HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Voracek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1019745)

Blackhawkswincup 11-01-2011 08:22 PM

Voracek

What do you think of him so far?

I have heard some Flyer fans aren't fond of him ,, Got alot of untapped talent (Wanted him on Hawks,, Still do)

JDinkalage Morgoone 11-01-2011 08:23 PM

Like him. Like him lots.

Beef Invictus 11-01-2011 08:24 PM

He pisses me off for now. That might change suddenly.

King Forsberg 11-01-2011 08:28 PM

He's a bit inconsistant but he certainly has the talent. Just needs the right line mates. I expect bigger things later in the season.

sa cyred 11-01-2011 08:32 PM

What annoys me the most is his turnovers. He has ALOT of bad ones. Like taking it out of our defensive zone and losing it.

BringBackStevens 11-01-2011 08:37 PM

I actually think he's been pretty good, but he has not been able to get a lot of chemistry with anyone. He also sets himself up for tons of nice scoring chances but seems to be lacking the finish

G Money 11-01-2011 09:01 PM

He gets too excited with the puck and tries to do too much.

G Money 11-01-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 38826361)
What do you think of him so far?

I have heard some Flyer fans aren't fond of him ,, Got alot of untapped talent (Wanted him on Hawks,, Still do)

We'll take Patrick Sharp back for him.

SgtJoseph 11-01-2011 09:26 PM

At the moment i am referring to him as Whoreacek, until he shows he is not a Zherdev lite ?He has some pretty nifty moves with the puck, but its been mostly all show and no go.......Hopefully he will start burying some of the great chances he has had at the net.. i do not dislike or hate the guy, but i hate seeing such skills being wasted at the moment. If he had Hartnells heart he would be awesome.

BleedOrange 11-01-2011 09:36 PM

He stays to the outside to much for my liking a player with his size and talents should be going into the traffic areas and getting some dirty goals.........:shakehead

SgtJoseph 11-01-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOrange (Post 38831505)
He stays to the outside to much for my liking a player with his size and talents should be going into the traffic areas and getting some dirty goals.........:shakehead

Absolutely !

orange is better 11-01-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

this.

Larry44 11-01-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Disagree. He takes the puck to the net from the corners and on rushes. He's very fast carrying the puck everywhere. He's trying to get dirty goals, they just aren't going in right now. They will. He's been looking better with JVR in the last couple games, with Briere between them, they will be fine...

RJ8812* 11-01-2011 10:28 PM

very disappointing

BleedOrange 11-01-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 38833149)
Disagree. He takes the puck to the net from the corners and on rushes. He's very fast carrying the puck everywhere. He's trying to get dirty goals, they just aren't going in right now. They will. He's been looking better with JVR in the last couple games, with Briere between them, they will be fine...

I don't know what gm u watched but he might have done it once or twice but most times he stays outside........

Beef Invictus 11-01-2011 10:45 PM

I think he's talking about when Voracek goes to the net from the corner and ineffectually shoves the puck into the goalie's pad.

sobrien 11-01-2011 10:50 PM

Loved him when I got to watch him on Columbus, and love him so far here too. He plays hard, and sometimes reckless (see: Richards hit). Once he starts finishing on his numerous opportunities, his popularity will skyrocket.

LePalle 11-01-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timonen (Post 38826721)
He's a bit inconsistant but he certainly has the talent. Just needs the right line mates. I expect bigger things later in the season.

This sums up my thoughts as well.

orange is better 11-01-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 38833149)

I really don't know what games you're watching, but voracek has been largely a perimeter player through these first 11 games. He's been neglecting his size and trying to either hold on to the puck around the half boards, or blaze behind the net with it, only to come out on the other side with a blind pass or a bad angle shot that sails over the net.

Being a 6'5" LW, I know all too well when a player is neglecting their size, because I did it for 15 years...

CS 11-01-2011 11:39 PM

It was Hartnell first. Then he started scoring.

Next up is the Voracek hate. Until he starts scoring.

Then it will be JVR.

I get the feeling there will be a lot of streaky performances from players this year. There just isn't the ice time to go around that will give these forwards the kind of consistency to put up 50-60 point seasons.

Just be patient. Notice how Simmonds has kind of fallen to the backburner lately?

Prepare for a season full of give and take from our complementary forwards; our complementary forwards being everyone but Giroux.

sobrien 11-01-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 38836811)
I really don't know what games you're watching, but voracek has been largely a perimeter player through these first 11 games. He's been neglecting his size and trying to either hold on to the puck around the half boards, or blaze behind the net with it, only to come out on the other side with a blind pass or a bad angle shot that sails over the net.

Being a 6'5" LW, I know all too well when a player is neglecting their size, because I did it for 15 years...

I don't completely agree with this. He's not at all afraid to use his size and go into the dirty areas. He probably hasn't done it as much as we'd expected by now, but he has done it. He's got a special skill set to go along with a decent amount of size and strength. We can't expect him to plant his ass in front of the net and be a power forward when he's not. Same goes for JvR

sobrien 11-01-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 38837201)
It was Hartnell first. Then he started scoring.

Next up is the Voracek hate. Until he starts scoring.

Then it will be JVR.

I get the feeling there will be a lot of streaky performances from players this year. There just isn't the ice time to go around that will give these forwards the kind of consistency to put up 50-60 point seasons.

Just be patient. Notice how Simmonds has kind of fallen to the backburner lately?

Prepare for a season full of give and take from our complementary forwards; our complementary forwards being everyone but Giroux.

Exactly

kimmofan44 11-02-2011 05:57 AM

i think voracek is like chris versteeg, a good foward who is capable of scoring goals and getting a lot of primary assists, but only if he is on the right team. right now i don't see him filling a role on this team(much like versteeg) and that could spell trade bait later in the season.

RJ8812* 11-02-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 38835195)
Loved him when I got to watch him on Columbus, and love him so far here too. He plays hard, and sometimes reckless (see: Richards hit). Once he starts finishing on his numerous opportunities, his popularity will skyrocket.

i have no idea what you've been watching

Zherdev v2.0

BringBackStevens 11-02-2011 08:20 AM

His problem hasn't been lack of getting to the net, it's been lack of finish.

He's also been quite hardworking defensively. The Zherdev comparisons are bunk.