HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Colten Teubert on the way up... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1019919)

alphahelix 11-02-2011 02:18 AM

Colten Teubert on the way up...

...According to Phillipe Cornet's twitter via coppernblue.

@PCornet15
Philippe Cornet
Congrats to @tubes33 good luck up there #Oilers #OKC_Barons

No surprise here, I guess he finally managed to get home to grab his passport. There is some possibility he may actually be an upgrade on Barker - We'll have to see how it plays out.

Jimmi Jenkins 11-02-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphahelix (Post 38839607)
...According to Phillipe Cornet's twitter via coppernblue.

@PCornet15
Philippe Cornet
Congrats to @tubes33 good luck up there #Oilers #OKC_Barons

No surprise here, I guess he finally managed to get home to grab his passport. There is some possibility he may actually be an upgrade on Barker - We'll have to see how it plays out.

I was just about to post this same thing. Good for Teubert, it will be interest to see what he can bring. Thanks fellow players leaking information on twitter

Oilmageddon* 11-02-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 38839637)
I was just about to post this same thing. Good for Teubert, it will be interest to see what he can bring. Thanks fellow players leaking information on twitter

Ithink he deserves a look he missed most of camp, now is a good time to see what he can do at the big show.

Jepprey 11-02-2011 02:38 AM

Hope to see him in NHL action. He's been pretty good for OKC so far.

Auguste Escoffier 11-02-2011 02:40 AM

Awesome. I don't know how many games, if any, he will get. Hopefully he is able to prove a few of his detractors wrong. Mainly Mc79, or whatever he calls himself.

Ragss 11-02-2011 02:40 AM

Yeah I'd love to see him get a few games. I feel like he's the type of guy to step up when he gets the chance.

Bryanbryoil 11-02-2011 03:10 AM

Hopefully we'll get to see him get into a game or two just so that he can see what it's like to play against NHLers and we can see how far away he is from being a full time NHLer.

Spawn 11-02-2011 04:11 AM

I doubt we see him in the lineup on Thursday, but would be a nice chance for him to have his first career game against the team that traded him away.

Hockey Nightmare 11-02-2011 07:41 AM

http://www.okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=Stats

GP:9
G:2
A:2
PTS:4
+/-:3
PIM:18
PP:0
SHG:0
SOG:12
SH%:16.7

CornKicker 11-02-2011 08:25 AM

does the ahl keep hit stats?

Mr Sakich 11-02-2011 08:29 AM

i would love to see Tuebert get into the game just to irritate Kings fans. The trade is now so lopsided that they must have a real hate on for us by now.

Penner looks completel uninterested. I was at the Kings / Avs game on SUnday and Penner was one of the worst players on the ice. He is unable to keep up with the play and is making a ton of careless / poor attitude plays.

In retrospect, Penner + a 3rd for Tuebert would have been a more balanced trade. I would not trade Tuebert straight up for him based on what I saw on SUnday.

awesomo 11-02-2011 08:33 AM

What's with the hate on for barker lol

Nunymare 11-02-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn (Post 38840263)
I doubt we see him in the lineup on Thursday, but would be a nice chance for him to have his first career game against the team that traded him away.

My thoughts too.

Good for him, looking forward to seeing him play.

phaedrusDH 11-02-2011 08:47 AM

Seems to me he should be in on Thurs.

in
Gilbert
Smid
Potter
Petry
Peckham
Teubert

out
Whitney knee
Barker shoulder
Sutton suspended

unless Barker's shoulder is better.

Johnny Bravo 11-02-2011 08:48 AM

Yay!!!!!

I see only darkness 11-02-2011 08:50 AM

I hope he gets into at least one game in the next 4 while Sutton is suspended. If they can play Plante, i see no reason why they will not give Tuebert a shot.

joestevens29 11-02-2011 09:08 AM

Realistically if he plays well at practice he probably gets into all 4 games that Sutton is out. He really only has to beat Peckham for a spot. Not like waivers is going to decide who plays and who sits.

Bodmanza 11-02-2011 09:10 AM

I really liked picking up this kid. I know his prospect grade has him as a 5-6 dman, but I see him as the rock on the second pairing. A nasty, stay at home guy, who has more offensive upside than a Smid or Peckham. Perhaps 20-25 pts/year alongside Petry on the 2nd pairing for the next 5-10 years? :D

Sayuri 11-02-2011 09:11 AM

Hoping for the best from him.

I wonder if his first game possibly being in L.A might have him more nervous than usual?

CupofOil 11-02-2011 09:14 AM

How long is Barker out? I haven't seen anything posted about his status.

It'll be interesting if Teubert draws in for the game against the Kings, it'll give him some extra incentive to play well against his old team. Hopefully he translates his strong AHL play to the next level, it'll be big for us if he and Musil can become a shutdown tandem for us down the line to balance out the numerous puckmovers that we have in the system and on the current roster.

oilphan 11-02-2011 09:33 AM

I would have to believe they are going to have him in the line up on Thursday. Especially given all the bad blood with Lombardi.

Hockey Nightmare 11-02-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomo (Post 38842551)
What's with the hate on for barker lol

I honestly don't know. He's not doing too bad out there (+3) and he has a goal. Sure, he's getting paid a lot, but it's only for one year so there's no risk. Sure, he was third overall and the expectations are high...but he is what he is. :dunno:

DousedInOil 11-02-2011 10:02 AM

This is awesome news :) I am such a big Teubert fan. I can't wait to see him hitting guys back their and add some intensity back into the blueline.

0ilerman 11-02-2011 10:15 AM

no matter who gets the call from the farm, I love that they're all big. Whenther its plante, tuebert, or perty, they all have physical attributes that make them effective in the NHL. No more danny syvrets or taylor chorneys in the pipeline

Soli 11-02-2011 10:23 AM

I dont think Barker practiced yesterday. i hope Teubs makes it into the lineup tomorrow.

I think he had family going to the Abbortsford game that OKC was flying to unfortunately... Haha.