HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ryan McDonagh with Steve Somers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1019943)

RangerBoy 11-02-2011 05:52 AM

Ryan McDonagh with Steve Somers
 
Very good listen

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast...g=&dcid=CBS.NY

Ryan McDonagh conducted a hockey clinic yesterday. He loves being a Ranger and playing in NY. Sean Avery has helped him find his way around the city. McDonagh feels Marc Staal will play at some point this season. Loves playing with Dan Girardi. The Rangers group gets along and it is a very tight room. McDonagh talked about adding offense to his game.

Jabroni 11-02-2011 06:52 AM

He's really becoming a solid two-way defenseman.

I like that he's more confident on offense this year... rushing the puck, pinching in, engaging in the offensive zone.

NYR Viper 11-02-2011 08:50 AM

We are all seeing why he was taken so high in '07. He has skills and his physical skills give him an edge over almost everyone int he NHL. He has been creating chances using his strength and speed which has helped his confidence. Great pick-up by Sather.

DrSutton* 11-02-2011 08:52 AM

Imagine if he'd have gone to Ottawa in the Heatley deal as rumored? I wonder how things would have shaken out then.

Jabroni 11-02-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSutton (Post 38841791)
Imagine if he'd have gone to Ottawa in the Heatley deal as rumored? I wonder how things would have shaken out then.

But Dany Heatley's an All-Star!

:sarcasm:

MSG the place to be* 11-02-2011 09:01 AM

Avery getting praised by one of our favorite Rangers. Give Avery the C.

NYR Viper 11-02-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG the place to be (Post 38841957)
Avery getting praised by one of our favorite Rangers. Give Avery the C.

I could actually see them getting along very well. Both are health nuts and workout fiends.

Levitate 11-02-2011 09:22 AM

The Rangers should keep Avery around with the team after his contract expires. Maybe hire him as the team fashion expert :sarcasm:

Ruotsalainen29 11-02-2011 09:42 AM

Love the Schmooze. He's a huge Rangers fan and is one of the few on that station that gives the Rangers any attention. Good interview.

Clowes Line 11-02-2011 09:49 AM

McDonagh is better than "Mark" Staal :sarcasm:

Seriously, he is really blossoming into a great dman. He has stepped up so much and has exceeded expectations. Love seeing him pinch in and play offense. One of the goals that got called off against Toronto was from McD skating in with the puck and throwing it at the net from the side leaving juicy rebounds in front. He has added an awesome offensive area to his game. Love this kid

RangerBoy 11-02-2011 10:27 AM

Avery knows where the clubs are in NY. Didn't he ban PA Parenteau from all of the clubs in Manhattan?

Kovalev27 11-02-2011 10:43 AM

that was hilarioius hahaha

GWOW 11-02-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 (Post 38842729)
Love the Schmooze. He's a huge Rangers fan and is one of the few on that station that gives the Rangers any attention. Good interview.


"Step on my toe, I'll step on yours"
:laugh:

vipernsx 11-02-2011 11:29 AM

With as well as McD and Giradi have played together, when Staal comes back, do you keep McD with Girardi? Staal and Sauer are a pretty solid pairing too, MDZ and Staal could potentially be a top pair with Erixon Sauer being the 3rd pair.


By Mid-season once everyone is healthy and hitting on all cylinders.
MDZ Staal - Top pair
McD Girardi - Shutdown/Top pair #2
Erixon Sauer - 3rd pairing

or

Staal Sauer
McD Girardi
MDZ Eminger
Woywitka

Drewbackatu* 11-02-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSutton (Post 38841791)
Imagine if he'd have gone to Ottawa in the Heatley deal as rumored? I wonder how things would have shaken out then.

The guy is an absolute stud! Sometimes the deals you don't make turn out to be the best deals.

Drewbackatu* 11-02-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 38842885)
McDonagh is better than "Mark" Staal :sarcasm:

Seriously, he is really blossoming into a great dman. He has stepped up so much and has exceeded expectations. Love seeing him pinch in and play offense. One of the goals that got called off against Toronto was from McD skating in with the puck and throwing it at the net from the side leaving juicy rebounds in front. He has added an awesome offensive area to his game. Love this kid

He may not be better than Staal defensively yet but his overall skillset is better and as a result, his upside is greater than Staal's is. He's a tremendous skater, reads plays well and is very strong in the lower body. We have 3 solid bookend d-men in Girardi, Sauer and Mcdonagh who you can basically stick with a weaker d-man and it will work out. Look how well MDZ has played since being placed with Sauer(who for my money is our soundest defensive defenseman). He now can rush the puck up the ice with confidence knowing that Sauer is back there to protect his rearend.
If Mcilrath continues to devlop and eventually makes the team(2013?), we are going to be very difficult to play against.

wolfgaze 11-02-2011 12:57 PM

McDonagh is a beast.

Swept In Seven 11-02-2011 01:01 PM

Love McD. We really got a steal in that Gomez deal

WhipNash27 11-02-2011 04:20 PM

Nice to have at least one NY Radio guy who actually can conduct a hockey interview and know what's been happening with the team.

BroadwayBlues 11-02-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 38857269)
Nice to have at least one NY Radio guy who actually can conduct a hockey interview and know what's been happening with the team.

....and actually know the names of the players besides Lundqvist and Avery.

NYRFAN218 11-02-2011 05:24 PM

Somers is hysterical. His monologue's at the beginning of his shows are gold.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.