HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   20 years from now... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1020439)

seafoam 11-02-2011 07:15 PM

20 years from now...

20 years from now will the Islanders still be in New York with a championship under their belt? Also, my main question is will John Tavares be an Islander for his career? I personally think it sounds too good to be true to look ahead 20 years and see the Islanders in New York with Johnny's number in the rafters. With saying that, I hope when you think of the Islanders, you think of John Tavares and how special of a player he really was down the road. Thoughts? :dunno:

ZMan17 11-02-2011 07:20 PM

Will we have re-signed half-human half-robot DiPietron to a 300 year extension?

seafoam 11-02-2011 07:33 PM

Funny :handclap:, but looking more for a serious opinion.

OrangeZebra 11-02-2011 07:35 PM

Well hopefully he's not looking for his jock in the rafters after game 2

BelovedIsles 11-02-2011 08:28 PM

I just want to get through this season and have a winning season within the next year.5.

OlTimeHockey 11-03-2011 01:48 AM

The only reason DP would be in the rafters would be because he chose to leave the net empty again. Or his beard got caught during Tavares' retirement ceremony.

Bert Marshall days 11-03-2011 02:27 AM

They still won't be heard on radio farther than the McDonald's on Hemp Tpke.......if still owned by Wang in Uniondale in 20 years.

Chapin Landvogt 11-03-2011 06:50 AM

Will the world still exist?

Bexlyspeed 11-03-2011 07:27 AM

Unless they get a building deal before the lease runs out they will not be in New York.
and honestly even if that does happens i think they need either Mr. Wang to turn the reigns over to a hockey guy. you cant just appoint guys GM and Coach because they used to play for you. I think its time we got a coach with some sort of track record. say what you want about Ted Nolan but he at least got the team to play above themselves, and he was out of coaching for about a decade! just saying we have to take it to the next level. it might help our young players too.

Islanders1932 11-03-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelovedIsles (Post 38874135)
I just want to get through this season and have a winning season within the next year.5.

I think you mean before 2015, just incase....

number72 11-03-2011 09:57 AM

Islanders need to draft/trade their way to a winning team if it is to happen. Desired UFA will not come NYI too play because of poor management decisions and the state of the team. This is the path that the Oilers seemed to be on.

The hard thing is this team has too restrictive financial restrictions in place. And in addition the DP contract harms the team who are spending to cap floor minimum. Best outcome is their is new ownership that can make tough decisions to benefit the team.

If team gets solid goaltending and drafts or trades for solid defence in then they can make a good run in the playoffs. Taveres is young and 20 years is his career span but the team needs to be in contention in the next 5 to 10 years during his prime.

Oxim Oresi 11-03-2011 02:48 PM

If everything goes well then we had some successful seasons inbetween and are already in our next rebuild. In other words, the Islanders will suck in 20 years.

Dutch Frost 11-03-2011 04:20 PM

well be battling for a lottery pick again as GM Doug Weight will say "we have a plan and were sticking to it and the playoffs are our objective this year"

They then sign a 41 year old John Tavares who comes back for 1 more season from having a hall of fame career with the Maple Leafs and brief 2 year stint with the Rangers after leaving the team in 2016 with a bitter dispute with our franchise golden boy Rick Dipietro who threatened to quit if Tavares aint traded and Charles Wang obliged.

Charles Wang's Son who now owns the team says "let bygones be bygones"

Tavares happy to help the new youth movement will spend most of his time in the IR list but regardless helps the Isles above the floor cap and just like his old mentor former Doug Weight he will retire and be an assistant coach for the 2031 season.