HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GDT: 11/3/11-Devils @ Flyers 7PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1020723)

Tedenby21 11-02-2011 11:23 PM

11/3/11-Devils @ Flyers 7PM
 
Just win. Nothing fancy.
http://www.history.com/images/media/...velt-moose.jpg

New Jersey Devils
Zach Parise - Adam Henrique - Ilya Kovalchuk
Petr Sykora - Patrik Elias - Dainius Zubrus
Mattias Tedenby - Ryan Carter - David Clarkson
Cam Janssen - Brad Mills - Nick Palmieri

Henrik Tallinder - Adam Larsson
Andy Greene - Mark Fayne
Bryce Salvador - Anton Volchenkov

Johan Hedberg

Philadelphia Flyers
Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jaromir Jagr
James van Riemsdyk - Danny Briere - Jakub Voracek
Wayne Simmonds - Maxime Talbot - Andreas Nodl
Zac Rinaldo - Sean Couturier - Jody Shelley

Kimmo Timonen - Braydon Coburn
Andreas Lilja - Andrej Meszaros
Erik Gustafsson - Matt Carle

Sergei Bobrovsky

Richer's Ghost 11-02-2011 11:29 PM

Get the same scoring chances - they'll go in on Bryz.

Play defense in your own zone,
Stop watching the puck and stay with your man,
Stop chasing the puck into corners,
Move your feet.

That will win.

Jersey Man 11-02-2011 11:30 PM


Chessarmy 11-02-2011 11:30 PM

this is probably as big as a November game is going to get. The Devils need to start a winning streak to get this season on track. I just can't help but shake the feeling of the wheels falling off like last year. A win tonight will temporarily (at least), give these guys some confidence and maybe, just maybe, they'll get their heads out of their *****.

1. Play D

2. Score goals

3. Profit

Lets go.

CerebralGenesis 11-02-2011 11:35 PM

We could really use a win here tonight and atleast semblance of defense to help our offense.

That said I'm expecting a 4-6-1 record after tomorrow. Better than the 3-7-2 I expected before the season started.

BrodeurRULES 11-02-2011 11:37 PM

Beat them bad Devils I know you can!!!!

LET'S GO Devils!!!!

Wingman77 11-02-2011 11:42 PM


TheUnseenHand 11-02-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost (Post 38883985)
Get the same scoring chances - they'll go in on Bryz.

Play defense in your own zone,
Stop watching the puck and stay with your man,
Stop chasing the puck into corners,
Move your feet.

That will win.

So basically, play good hockey? Got it. If I could add one, it'd be make a save.

LGD!

MJB Devils23* 11-02-2011 11:45 PM

The 2000 ECF was just amazing to watch. Wanna know what's weird? Even when the Devils went down 3-1, I was not nervous at all and was very confident the Devils would come back. It was just a feeling that I knew 2000 was gonna be our year to bring home Cup number 2.

RNCDevil 11-02-2011 11:45 PM

I will be at the game. Be sure to bookmark my posts in case I get stabbed in the neck (better than 25% probability).

Jaysfanatic* 11-02-2011 11:46 PM

17-26-15
9-14-21
23-8-12
25-20-22

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 11-02-2011 11:48 PM

Change the lines and play solid defense. A win would be appreciated as well.

DatBoyJPP 11-02-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 38884485)
17-26-15
9-14-21
23-8-12
25-20-22

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/x...1799537079.png

Darius Dangleaitis 11-02-2011 11:53 PM

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6351/1310094546336.jpg

Winning this one would absolve a ton of the sins committed in the last ~5 games.

DatBoyJPP 11-02-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis (Post 38884637)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6351/1310094546336.jpg

Winning this one would absolve a ton of the sins committed in the last ~5 games.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/x...2428793239.png

Jaysfanatic* 11-02-2011 11:56 PM

One thing I've noticed is that 17 and 15 have good chemistry together, 15 and 17 find each other when they're on the ice together. 26 and 15 have that too, so naturally, 17, 26, 15 should have it together. At least, one would hope. 14 looks like he has the kind of game 9 is comfortable with, and 21 is really fun too. 14 and 9 are pretty responsible defensively so it doesn't hurt 21, 23, 8 and 12 are solid and tough, so I believe they are a good fit together and the line of 25-20-22 isn't gonna get pushed around.

By the way, these guys don't get names until they earn them. Only 26 so far has come close, along with 23 14, and 21.

apice3* 11-02-2011 11:58 PM

DF, I feel like you just turned this team into a bank vault.

TheUnseenHand 11-02-2011 11:58 PM

I'm cool with just about any proposed line combos at this point.

CerebralGenesis 11-02-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 38884715)
One thing I've noticed is that 17 and 15 have good chemistry together, 15 and 17 find each other when they're on the ice together. 26 and 15 have that too, so naturally, 17, 26, 15 should have it together. At least, one would hope. 14 looks like he has the kind of game 9 is comfortable with, and 21 is really fun too. 14 and 9 are pretty responsible defensively so it doesn't hurt 21, 23, 8 and 12 are solid and tough, so I believe they are a good fit together and the line of 25-20-22 isn't gonna get pushed around.

By the way, these guys don't get names until they earn them. Only 26 so far has come close, along with 23 14, and 21.

:laugh::handclap: beautiful and true.

Deboer will probably give these variations a try in some capacity. If he breaks up the old man line that is. That has been the only one to stay in tact through this mess.

nugg 11-03-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 38884485)
17-26-15
9-14-21
23-8-12
25-20-22

This!!! :nod:

Jaysfanatic* 11-03-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 38884763)
DF, I feel like you just turned this team into a bank vault.

Well, I hope my set of numbers unlocks that vault.

Jersey Man 11-03-2011 12:05 AM

Gameplan:

Put the puck in the back of their ****ing net.

Jaysfanatic* 11-03-2011 12:11 AM

I'd just like to say, our last time against these guys, 30 was our best player.

MJB Devils23* 11-03-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 38884485)
17-26-15
9-14-21
23-8-12
25-20-22

Ilkka Pikkarainen - Krzysztof Oliwa - Steve Kelly
Jiri Bicek - Kevin Todd - Pascal Rheuame
Scott Gomez - Steve Guolla - Sergei Nemchinov
Valeri Zelepukin - Danton Cole - Viktor Kozlov

HeliDevil 11-03-2011 12:12 AM

oh boy do we need to win this one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.