HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   News Article: Kaleta faces disciplinary hearing today (Suspended for Four Games) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1020905)

puckish66 11-03-2011 09:14 AM

Kaleta faces disciplinary hearing today (Suspended for Four Games)

Head-butting incident last night...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=598700

vcv 11-03-2011 09:15 AM

Here's the video: http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/nhlmobi...1600K_16x9.mp4

Zip15 11-03-2011 09:15 AM

Given his history, I'd bet he gets at least a game. Welcome back, Grags.

What time is the Giroux hearing for the slash on the back of Roy's knee three seconds after the puck was dropped?

sabresfan129103 11-03-2011 09:18 AM

Kaleta is gonna get suspended for that, but Sturm doesn't even get a call from the league for his hit on Leopold.

Burgmania 11-03-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 38891161)

What time is the Giroux hearing for the slash on the back of Roy's knee three seconds after the puck was dropped?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 (Post 38891227)
Kaleta is gonna get suspended for that, but Sturm doesn't even get a call from the league for his hit on Leopold.

I came to make these two points. The supplemental discipline in this leauge is still outrageously flawed.

jamers 11-03-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

He'll get a chuckle and a reference to playing 'hard and on the edge' from the Versus crew next time they cover the Flyers.

VaporTrail 11-03-2011 09:24 AM

Wow, I never even caught that watching the game last night...I bet he gets a game for that.

ZemgusWho 11-03-2011 09:26 AM

He's been fined for this before. I think he gets 2 games.

vcv 11-03-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Or Chara skating in to punch Jay Harrison in the face WELL after the play when they were not even engaged?

Oh right. Star player.

I had higher hopes for Shanny.

Zip15 11-03-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgmania (Post 38891319)
I came to make these two points. The supplemental discipline in this leauge is still outrageously flawed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamers (Post 38891367)
He'll get a chuckle and a reference to playing 'hard and on the edge' from the Versus crew next time they cover the Flyers.

Apparently, malice and intent to injure with the stick are not yet "points of emphasis" for Shanny and crew.

Chainshot 11-03-2011 09:35 AM

I figure two games. Maybe more.

Corto 11-03-2011 09:36 AM

Didn't notice it before.

It was dangerous, and I figure he'll get 2 games.

And it won't be undeserved, either.

Zip15 11-03-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 38891653)
I figure two games. Maybe more.

Yeah, I could see the weekend being taken away from him. When I said 11 F and 7 D, I didn't mean this. Oh well, more ice time for Vanek, Pommer, Adam, and Roy.

Vito_81 11-03-2011 09:43 AM

Call up Kassian!

DixonWard15 11-03-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito_81 (Post 38891927)
Call up Kassian!

He isn't quite ready yet, imo Whitemore should be the first forward call up

Zip15 11-03-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito_81 (Post 38891927)
Call up Kassian!

Doubt it happens for a few reasons. Outside of maybe two games, Tropp has been the best RWer down there. Second, with the team mired in a losing streak, if they were to call anyone up I'd bet it would be more of a veteran like Stuart or Whitmore. Third, the forward corps in Rochester is already perilously thin, and I think Regier knows the fans would be near a mutiny if they took away another forward--more now than ever before, I think the organization is really trying to make it work with Rochester. Finally, they can just play Grags as the 12th forward/7th defenseman, and put him back on one of the points of the PP, which I think is the most likely scenario.

minuteater 11-03-2011 09:52 AM

What about the Weber hit on van Riemsdyk? He hit him from behind into the boards though it didn't look like he intended to hurt van Riemsdyk, it looked like he felt bad for doing it after the fact because he kind of stopped and just skated around timidly. Though van Riemsdyk hooked him right back after the whistle.

BowieSabresFan 11-03-2011 09:52 AM

Yea, that was pretty stupid. He hadn't done anything like that for a while.

skibum 11-03-2011 09:53 AM

The ref who was watching the play didn't seem to object to it.

Vito_81 11-03-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixonWard15 (Post 38892123)
He isn't quite ready yet, imo Whitemore should be the first forward call up

I'm sure you're right. He's got all of what, 10 pro games under his belt and was pretty invisible in the pre-season. I would just love to see if he could have an Adam effect on the team right now, even if for just a few games. I do agree though, this probably isn't the time to call him up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 38892161)
Doubt it happens for a few reasons. Outside of maybe two games, Tropp has been the best RWer down there. Second, with the team mired in a losing streak, if they were to call anyone up I'd bet it would be more of a veteran like Stuart or Whitmore. Third, the forward corps in Rochester is already perilously thin, and I think Regier knows the fans would be near a mutiny if they took away another forward--more now than ever before, I think the organization is really trying to make it work with Rochester. Finally, they can just play Grags as the 12th forward/7th defenseman, and put him back on one of the points of the PP, which I think is the most likely scenario.

You make valid points. Kaleta shouldn't get much more than a game anyways so it would be a waste of cap space, albeit a small amount, to call up Kass for a game or two when Grags can easily take the 8-9 minutes of ice he'd get.

flyingpig 11-03-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadedpony (Post 38892167)
What about the Weber hit on van Riemsdyk? He hit him from behind into the boards though it didn't look like he intended to hurt van Riemsdyk, it looked like he felt bad for doing it after the fact because he kind of stopped and just skated around timidly. Though van Riemsdyk hooked him right back after the whistle.

In looking at that play, I thought that Webers stick hit JVR in the skate and that caused JVR to go hard into the boards. Not sure if it was intentional. JVR gave him a mini nudge after the play.

I agree two games on Patty K.

I did not see the Giroux slash on Roy.

I thought Kaleta ran him well after a pass late in the third and it should have been a penalty.

Chainshot 11-03-2011 10:14 AM

Interesting that Coburn's canopener/slewfoot of Vanek from behind into the glass gets little play. *shrug*

Watch the Adam goal -- http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=sb:highlights

minuteater 11-03-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 38892847)
Interesting that Coburn's canopener/slewfoot of Vanek from behind into the glass gets little play. *shrug*

Watch the Adam goal -- http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=sb:highlights

lol, on that play I completely missed the goal because I was focused on Vanek getting taken down into the boards :shakehead

Buffalo87 11-03-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadedpony (Post 38892167)

See, I didn't really thinkg there was anything wrong with it. It wasn't really even a hit, he was leaning in and rubbing him out against the boards. When JVR's skate caught the boards and he went down it looked worse.

Stop Winnin 11-03-2011 10:27 AM

Bye Kaleta... :(