HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: NHL2k5 problem (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102153)

SML 09-07-2004 01:23 PM

OT: NHL2k5 problem

I'm a rehabbing video game junkie, but still allow myself the pleasure of my yearly NHL fix... That being said, I noticed in my version of the game, (PS2) the L1/R1 buttons don't seem to work, which means you have no turbo skate, and you cannot switch teams to make trades or scroll through stats. I thought my controller might be bad, but it works fine on 2k4. Has anyone else noticed this to be a problem? I can handle no stats, but no trades?! Impossible! :mad: Thanks in advance...
SML

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML
I'm a rehabbing video game junkie, but still allow myself the pleasure of my yearly NHL fix... That being said, I noticed in my version of the game, (PS2) the L1/R1 buttons don't seem to work, which means you have no turbo skate, and you cannot switch teams to make trades or scroll through stats. I thought my controller might be bad, but it works fine on 2k4. Has anyone else noticed this to be a problem? I can handle no stats, but no trades?! Impossible! :mad: Thanks in advance...
SML

Hmm I dont know about that problem. I still wanna get the game. Can u do me a favor? Please list all the Rangers that are in the game, and their raitings?? Thanks.

Kodiak 09-07-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML
SML

I have the PS2 version and my L1/R1 buttons work fine. I think you might want to return it and get another copy. And FWIW, you can use the circle button for a speed burst too.

Leetchie 09-07-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Hmm I dont know about that problem. I still wanna get the game. Can u do me a favor? Please list all the Rangers that are in the game, and their raitings?? Thanks.

Anyone who was on the team at the end of last season is in it.

Yes, that means Thomas Pock, Lawrence Nycholat, Jozef Balej, and the likes.

As far as ratings go, they're not bad. Think what 2k3 and 2k4 were like -- this is similar.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
Anyone who was on the team at the end of last season is in it.

Yes, that means Thomas Pock, Lawrence Nycholat, Jozef Balej, and the likes.

As far as ratings go, they're not bad. Think what 2k3 and 2k4 were like -- this is similar.

Well I would but I dont have those games. This is the first time Im switching from EA Sports to ESPN games. What players are on the wolfpack?? I know they got minors, I wonder if u can play as those teams in Exhibition or just Dynasty mode

ChrisKreider20 09-07-2004 02:14 PM

you can't play em period.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid
you can't play em period.

please explain

tony 09-07-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

please explain

you can call guys up and send them down but you don't have the ability to actually play the hfd games. you can follow their stats though. on another note, the play by play is pretty awesome except for gary thorne mispronouncing names like : manny malwhoretra and tom potty. i guess it adds to the realism. :dunno:

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony
you can call guys up and send them down but you don't have the ability to actually play the hfd games. you can follow their stats though. on another note, the play by play is pretty awesome except for gary thorne mispronouncing names like : manny malwhoretra and tom potty. i guess it adds to the realism. :dunno:

what bout this?
here we go a scrap between Asham and Purrrington.. :eek:

So what players are on the Wolfpack? Do they have guys like Cullen, Kinch, Cuthbert, Dawes, Kozak??

And would I be able to call up Cuthbert to play him in Exhibition??

The mitchrock 09-07-2004 04:18 PM

I have the PS2 and have no porblems with the L1 or R1 button controls. Remember to toggle to the other team for trades use the 0 button.

pld459666 09-07-2004 05:47 PM

What setting are you using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML
SML

Intermediate, Classic or Advanced

I don't have the book in front of me but there are 3 different settigs for the controller.

Also, it may not be the game, but the controller itself.

NYRangers 09-07-2004 05:53 PM

Balej and Pock get very good in franchise mode. Pock is a 77 OA at 23. He gets it to high 80's, same with Balej.

Ocelot 09-07-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML
SML

Works fine for me. Check the book and make sure your pressing the buttons you think you are. The L2 is used to do the new pass.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
Balej and Pock get very good in franchise mode. Pock is a 77 OA at 23. He gets it to high 80's, same with Balej.

What bout guys like Murray, Nycholat, Mike Green?

Vito Andolini 09-07-2004 06:31 PM

Quote:

what bout this?
here we go a scrap between Asham and Purrrington.. :eek:

So what players are on the Wolfpack? Do they have guys like Cullen, Kinch, Cuthbert, Dawes, Kozak??

And would I be able to call up Cuthbert to play him in Exhibition??

The game is only allowed to have players who have played atleast 1 game in the NHL. So all the guys that you listed are not in the game, you'd have to create them yourself, or edit the ficticious minor leaguers that the game assigns your team.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
The game is only allowed to have players who have played atleast 1 game in the NHL. So all the guys that you listed are not in the game, you'd have to create them yourself, or edit the ficticious minor leaguers that the game assigns your team.

Like what ficitious minor leaguers?

NYRangers 09-07-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

What bout guys like Murray, Nycholat, Mike Green?

Nycholat isnt in it. Blackburn is 82, Murray and Green are 75.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-07-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

How is Nycholat not in the game? He played 9 games this year with Rangers and has 6 pim.

GentlemanOfLeisure 09-08-2004 01:22 PM

Nycholat might be listed as a "free Agent" along with guys like Peters from Buffalo and Adam Munro from Chicago.

Blueshirt13 09-08-2004 01:59 PM

Question

Not that I am complaing but anyone have an idea why its only going for $20? Sega trying to be nice to videogame players?

Vito Andolini 09-08-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
Not that I am complaing but anyone have an idea why its only going for $20? Sega trying to be nice to videogame players?

No, it's their marketing strategy. They've cut the price of their sports game this year to try to get a bigger piece of the market. It in no way reflects a lesser quality or effort on Sega's part.

Vito Andolini 09-08-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

I dont know about your version of the game, but Nycholat is in mine and he's rated a 71. Also, Mike Green is rated a 73 in my game.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-08-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
I dont know about your version of the game, but Nycholat is in mine and he's rated a 71. Also, Mike Green is rated a 73 in my game.

I cant wait to get the game. I heard the fight is awesome, that any player can fight. I just wanna have Tom Poti fight so he wont be on the ice for 5 so their wont be defensive problems. lol

RangersFan 09-08-2004 04:24 PM

Quote:

I cant wait to get the game. I heard the fight is awesome, that any player can fight. I just wanna have Tom Poti fight so he wont be on the ice for 5 so their wont be defensive problems. lol

The fighting is not so great in the game. But i could care less about it. The thing that makes this game so great, is the tight gameplay. The flow and control is spectacular. This game actually allows you to play solid D. If you get scored on, most of the time it's because u ****ed up on D...