HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pacioretty's (and Subban?) eating habits! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1021647)

Mr. Hab 11-04-2011 03:07 AM

Pacioretty's (and Subban?) eating habits!
 
No big deal but saw this on Yahoo website. Maybe not thread worthy but here goes for those interested in this short read:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...gaz-ca-5646397

MM425 11-04-2011 03:34 AM

Didn't know MaxPac was already married...

But yeah, I dig bison meat myself. Does the MTL area have a Whole Foods? I know you can get bison meat there I bought some ground bison there to make homemade burgers last summer. They were delicious.

WestIslander 11-04-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM425 (Post 38949269)
Didn't know MaxPac was already married...

But yeah, I dig bison meat myself. Does the MTL area have a Whole Foods? I know you can get bison meat there I bought some ground bison there to make homemade burgers last summer. They were delicious.

Max Pacioretty got married this past summer to Maxim Afinogenov's gorgeous sister Katia (yes she is smoking!) and is a professional tennis player.

As for Bison meat, it's healthier than chicken and leaner than turkey and it almost like horse meat, if you guy's want to try it, I suggest you guy's go to McKibbin's Irish Pub and try the BISON BURGER.

Lastly, I think this is great and these are the types of players we need in Montreal, but a poutine eating Latendresse or a hot dog munching Pierre Dagenais who had brief careers in Montreal (for a reason!).

Crimson Skorpion 11-04-2011 06:34 AM

Good to know these two are taking their nutrition very seriously. My cousin is a bodybuilder that performs in competitions and he says the leanest meats he finds is either horse meat or bison meat. Never had horse - never will - but bison is delicious.

WestIslander 11-04-2011 07:01 AM

Bison is good! Horse meat is VERY high in protein but I don't see myself eating it either.

76ftw 11-04-2011 07:18 AM

My grandfather had horse steak when living in Germany. Apparently it's very good.

ClasslessGuy 11-04-2011 07:23 AM

where can you find bison meat? Not in a loblaws, super c or Metro for sure

psychonaut 11-04-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubaka (Post 38951109)
where can you find bison meat? Not in a loblaws, super c or Metro for sure

I found some at IGA but me too I would like to know a better place and get something different the grounded up.
Found this in Lasalle
http://www.northforkbison.com/

Habs 4 Life 11-04-2011 07:34 AM

Good for them, never really had Bison but I have horse meat about once a month, love it

ClasslessGuy 11-04-2011 07:38 AM

Bear meat is the best.

TheBourkeIdentity 11-04-2011 07:38 AM

The Provigo on Mt Royal and Duluth stocks small medaillon cuts of bison, elk and deer meat. Can't remember the brand name but its a gold vaccuum sealed package.

Somtimes have to dig through the little basket to find two of the same meat though.

They also stock various cuts of horsemeat, although I find horse harder to work with, very easy to over cook and becomes very tough when you do.

otto bond 11-04-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnAverageHF (Post 38951321)
The Provigo on Mt Royal and Duluth stocks small medaillon cuts of bison, elk and deer meat. Can't remember the brand name but its a gold vaccuum sealed package.

Somtimes have to dig through the little basket to find two of the same meat though.

They also stock various cuts of horsemeat, although I find horse harder to work with, very easy to over cook and becomes very tough when you do.

All I will say about all of those type is that it's weak in flavor wen they are farm raise. Not sure if Bison belong there but for sure Elk and Deer are laking wen farmed raised.

TheBourkeIdentity 11-04-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otto bond (Post 38951745)
All I will say about all of those type is that it's weak in flavor wen they are farm raise. Not sure if Bison belong there but for sure Elk and Deer are laking wen farmed raised.

True, they don't have the same zing as actual wild game meat. But short of hunting it yourself or getting it straight from someone who does, any grocery or butcher shop is going to be handling farmed meat.

windycity 11-04-2011 09:06 AM

I eat a complete Bison every morning

raw

giovanni 11-04-2011 09:09 AM

you can go buy bison meat at Chez Vito on Fairmount and St. Urbain. They are really good there and bison meat is very tasty.

InglewoodJack 11-04-2011 09:11 AM

Atwater Market has Bison meat. It may be too late in the year now, but there's a shop that sells unconventional meats like that, and I tried a Bison sausage, it was pretty good.

TheBourkeIdentity 11-04-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni (Post 38953357)
you can go buy bison meat at Chez Vito on Fairmount and St. Urbain. They are really good there and bison meat is very tasty.

Good to know.

Jigger77 11-04-2011 09:13 AM

I hunt my own deer every year (going on holidays for 2 weeks starting Monday for that purpose actually) and I have trouble eating beef now. Also love horse meat and Bison and wild ducks and geese. They are leans meat that are full of protein and when cooked right are absolutely delicious. They tend to dry up quickly when overcooked because they are so lean so you have to either eat them rare (steaks not ground obviously) or use techniques like braising. Just don't eat bear beat rare it poses a risk for trichinosis.

Joe Cole 11-04-2011 09:14 AM

Montreal has a lot of middle of the road grocery stores. In general, we do not stray far from our -"steak-ble d'inde, patate" culinary culture too much.

Le Tricolore 11-04-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

“I’ve found it in a few places around town, but P.K. (Subban) and I have been talking about splitting a whole bison,” Pacioretty said. “I have two freezers filled with bison back home (in Connecticut).”
This is such a weird thought...

Poulet Kostopoulos 11-04-2011 09:58 AM

Read about that story yesterday in The Gazette.

Good info about where to go for bison meat, guys. Always wanted to eat more of that animal.

Emanresu Wen 11-04-2011 10:05 AM

Another world glass athlete that goes gluten-free.. after all these years people start to wake up!

bcv 11-04-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen (Post 38955047)
Another world glass athlete that goes gluten-free.. after all these years people start to wake up!

Well, it says because he has dairy allergy, he has to get gluten-free, altough I'm not sure why.. does gluten contains some kind of dairy? :help:

bcv 11-04-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 38953489)
I hunt my own deer every year (going on holidays for 2 weeks starting Monday for that purpose actually) and I have trouble eating beef now. Also love horse meat and Bison and wild ducks and geese. They are leans meat that are full of protein and when cooked right are absolutely delicious. They tend to dry up quickly when overcooked because they are so lean so you have to either eat them rare (steaks not ground obviously) or use techniques like braising. Just don't eat bear beat rare it poses a risk for trichinosis.

My dad hunt Moose. That **** it delicious!

Jigger77 11-04-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcv (Post 38955605)
My dad hunt Moose. That **** it delicious!

I've actually never had moose meat. Well, I did once in spaghetti sauce a while ago but never actually tried a steak. I know a few guys who go up north every year but most of the time they come back empty handed. :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.