HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ovechkin Proving Pricey For Caps (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102187)

AG9NK35DT8* 09-07-2004 03:28 PM

Ovechkin Proving Pricey For Caps

OVECHKIN PROVING PRICEY FOR CAPS.

TORONTO STAR: Ken Campbell reports the Moscow Dynamo wants $3 million US from the Washington Capitals before they'll agree to release Alexander Ovechkin, the 2004 first overall draft pick, from his contract. Capitals management refuses to sign Ovechkin until a new agreement is in place between the NHL and the IIHF. Ovechkin claimed he'd spoken with the president of Dynamo and that they'd agree to let him go without the Caps having to pay that much, but Washington GM George McPhee was skeptical.

well with that in mind could he be a keeper or is there a team out there with money(nyr) that would be able top acquire him, i very much the caps will move him, but hey, with the way things are with $$$$$ if nyr had to i think they would give quit a bit away to get him along with money.. maybe a deal like this:

to wash: Lundmark or ?, Prucha, Lampman, 2nd rounder in 05,3rd rounder in 06
to NYR:Jakub Klepis ( center), ovechkin, 3rd rounder in 06

please anyone feel free to adjust this proposal, i think it is somewhat fair.just something to do since there are not any new threads much atleast will give poeple something to discuss, this trade is more fantasy than realistic, i think atleast.

lampman and a 3rd for klebis, and a 2nd ( good pick )lundmark or ? and prucha( good prospect) for ovechkin

Fletch 09-07-2004 03:32 PM

For Ovechkin...

That's not anywhere close. An almost sure-fire NHL star for that doesn't work. If it did, Ovehkin probably would be a Ranger right now. I'm sure whatever the ticket, the Rangers cannot afford. It'll likely cost a #1 next year, when the Rangers may be able to find someone as good as Ovechkin.

Brooklyn Ranger 09-07-2004 03:38 PM

Even if Sather is willing to give up the farm for him, why do you think he's be willing to pay the transfer fee?

LondonFan 09-07-2004 04:20 PM

When you consider that Rooney just went to Man Utd for 20-27M ($35million ish) $3million doesn't seem like much for a young future star.

ftyutin51 09-07-2004 04:43 PM

To even think about trading for Ovechkin, we be crazy to do so. We practically have to trade away half of our farm to get him. There is no way that the Capitals (despite the fact that Ovechkin wants $3 million) will trade away their future star. Ovechkin is their #1 prospect to their rebuilding and I doubt that the Capitals will trade him away.. unless they were offered a Martin Havlat + a Marian Hossa + 1st rounder pick.. then I'd do that trade.

To Washington:
Jamie Lundmark (even though I still have faith in him) + Hugh Jessiman + Nigel Dawes + 2nd '05

To Rangers:
Alexander Ovechkin + 3rd '05

ChrisKreider20 09-07-2004 05:11 PM

well the Rangers have to second round draft picks next year.

Blackburn/Lundqvist, 2 second round picks, Rachunek
for
Ovechkin

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-07-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid
well the Rangers have to second round draft picks next year.

Blackburn/Lundqvist, 2 second round picks, Rachunek
for
Ovechkin

The Caps certainly don't need a goalie prospect. There is just no possible way you are going to get Ovechkin (I probably should stop here) without giving up a first, or Jessiman, or Balej or Tyutin. And them some.

Edge 09-07-2004 05:40 PM

I don't even think "or" should be in the sentence.

The big will have to start at Jessiman, Tyutin, Prucha and a 2005 First Round Pick.

Which of course saying nothing about other teams entering the bigging.

JJ68NYR 09-07-2004 06:45 PM

There is no reason to include Jessiman or Prucha in the deals.

Lundmark, Rachunek, Blackburn, 2nd round 05, 2nd round 06, 3rd round 06, Moore, Stals, other prospects

for Ovechkin

barnaby63 09-07-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ68NYR

Lundmark, Rachunek, Blackburn, 2nd round 05, 2nd round 06, 3rd round 06, Moore, Stals, other prospects

for Ovechkin

An underachieving 23 year old, a solid top-4 defenseman, an injured goalie prospect when they dont need one, and 3 mid round picks along with Moore(3rd line prospect) and Stals(AHL filler) for the best prospect in 10 years?

:shakehead

RangersFan 09-07-2004 06:52 PM

It would take something along the lines of Tyutin, Jessiman, Montoya, Prucha, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, if not more i'm sure...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-07-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

for Ovechkin

I bet George McPhee would beg to differ. Many mediocre prospects does not not equal 1 good one (great one).

And the Caps do not need a goalie prospect (with Charpentier and Oulette).

Your package is one that other team would easily and happily best in order to get Ovechkin.

ChrisKreider20 09-07-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersFan
It would take something along the lines of Tyutin, Jessiman, Montoya, Prucha, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, if not more i'm sure...

I think it's a bit too much. The 1st round pick next year wll probably be a more skilled player than Ovechkin anyways.

This guys gonna be a Kovalchuk type...no need to give up the whole prospect core.

borro 09-07-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

That offer would be laughed at. We had better offers at the trade deadline and turned that down flat. Start with Balej, Jessiman, Montya, Tyutin and 1st 2005. Add from there...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-07-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borro
That offer would be laughed at. We had better offers at the trade deadline and turned that down flat. Start with Balej, Jessiman, Montya, Tyutin and 1st 2005. Add from there...

Let's not go overboard.

NYR469 09-07-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

for Ovechkin

there is no reason to include jessiman or prucha unless of course you want to put together a legit package that has a chance of landing ovechkin...i know that everyone is a homer in a way and overrates their prospects but your package wouldn't get us ovechkin's grandmother

NYR469 09-07-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
to wash: Lundmark or ?, Prucha, Lampman, 2nd rounder in 05,3rd rounder in 06
to NYR:Jakub Klepis ( center), ovechkin, 3rd rounder in 06

that offer wouldn't land ovechkin by himself no less with klepis and a 3rd...mcphee would be hospitalized from busting his gut laughing at that offer

NYR469 09-07-2004 08:48 PM

the caps have a loaded system...so if they need $$ to sign ovechkin, instead of trying to come up with some crazy offer to get ovechkin (which will never happen), the focus should be on making a deal for another one of their prospects for a package and a ton of $$...

if they need $3 mil to get him signed, then i'd offer to give them that $3 mil as part of a deal for semin or fehr or their 2005 1st in a deal where the talent in the deal is lopsided in our favor a bit because they are getting the $$ to sign ovechkin in the deal too

CrookedRain 09-07-2004 09:00 PM

I can't believe that the Caps won't cough up the money. I know that Ted Leonsis said to cut down salaries and whatnot but c'mon. The Rangers ate some of the Jagr money, Bondra's gone, Gonchar's gone...they'll have the coin. They just want a better deal and are playing hardball.

in the hall 09-07-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

He is only asking for Ovechkin, not the entire franchise.

Leetchie 09-08-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
He is only asking for Ovechkin, not the entire franchise.

I think that a package of Jessiman, Tjutin, and the 05 first round pick may come close to landing Ovechkin.

Jessiman is still too big a question mark though, as are Lundmark, Prucha, or just about any other prospect we have.

No way the Caps take a chance on some of those unless a lot of them are packaged. Look at the first Eric Lindros deal... something along those lines.

Bird Law 09-08-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

You'd get laughed at by Sather and the whole of NYC at that point.

Edge 09-08-2004 03:33 AM

Lol I also love these threads. It's the only place you can see one person ask for the moon, the stars and half of Pluto and the other person expect to only give up Seven cents......

TKLOOCH22 09-08-2004 07:50 AM

I'd say Jessiman, Tyutin and a 1st is pretty fair for Ovechkin. You'd get an upgrade with Ovechkin, but i wouldnt want to deal a stud like Tyutin who the defense is going to be centered around. Then there's the 1st in a year that is very solid. :dunno:

AG9NK35DT8* 09-08-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

Dawes, prucha,lampm, 2nd rounder in 05,1st rounder in 06

ovechkin,2nd in 06, and some young center or a young defense prospect maybe like a 3 or 4 d-man,

with the combination of Ovechkin on the first line and jessiman on the second both got size and are lw'sas compared to dawes and prucha who are also both lw's, i think i would rather have ovechkin than dawes and prucha, but thats imo