HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers - Blues Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102364)

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-08-2004 02:53 PM

Rangers - Blues Proposal

I still think we need a big LW. I think Keith Tkachuk would be a great leader for this team. He is big, and at age 32, he can play for 5 years or so. The blues might want to cut some salary. So here is my proposed deal.

Rangers - Keith Tkachuk, Jamal Mayers
Blues - Tom Poti, Dom Moore, Jamie Lundmark and 3rd in 05

The blues can use an offensive dman. They got the toughness in Jackman but when Al retires, they can use a scoring dman. Poti would prolly fit well for the Blues. He would be on a good defensive team and would thrive.

Then id sign Prucha. and Travis Green for Centre help

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Tkachuk-Travis Green-Balej
Wiseman -Holik-Mayers
Murray/Strudwick-Helminen/Betts-Ortmeyer

Defense:
McGillis Rachunek
Kondrativ Tyutin
Kasper Lampman/ Purinton/Nycholat/Weller

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-08-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I still think we need a big LW. I think Keith Tkachuk would be a great leader for this team. He is big, and at age 32, he can play for 5 years or so. The blues might want to cut some salary. So here is my proposed deal.

The blues can use an offensive dman. They got the toughness in Jackman but when Al retires, they can use a scoring dman. Poti would prolly fit well for the Blues. He would be on a good defensive team and would thrive.

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Wiseman -Holik-Mayers

Defense:
McGillis Rachunek
Kondrativ Tyutin

No way.

Melrose_Jr. 09-08-2004 03:09 PM

You apparently missed last night's World Cup game.

barnaby63 09-08-2004 03:14 PM

Why not just get it over with already JOrtmeyer?

To 29 other NHL teams: Tom Poti
To New York: Anything

No need to post Poti proposals anymore.

TKLOOCH22 09-08-2004 03:16 PM

I wouldnt do it. As a "rebuilding" team that already has Jagr, Holik and Nylander I dont see the need to add another veteran even Tkachuk. If we didnt have those guys I would jump on that deal cuz Keith is a tremendous player. Hes looked like a 24 year old in this WC.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-08-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

No I did not. But im just throwing ideas out their since Rangers have not made news in past few days. Another guy id like to target is Oneill out of Carolina. He can play centre and LW. Just a thought.

AG9NK35DT8* 09-08-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
Why not just get it over with already JOrtmeyer?

To 29 other NHL teams: Tom Poti
To New York: Anything

No need to post Poti proposals anymore.

:joker:
usually im on ortmeyers side but seriusly , i agree with you barnaby.

ortmeyer enough with these poti proposals, and i swear b4 i even opened the thread i saw u made it and i said in my head poti is involved, didnt u offer the same thing for oneilll and boulerice from carolina. your trade are very predictable apparentley, just please chill with the poti deals, and my opinion on that trade im with sigin "no way"

travis green all he is now is a 3rd liner and completley useless for this nyr club, plus do u just put pti in your trades for the hell of it, because it seems to me u dont think if these teams could really use him or not let alone is the kid worth his salary. these are ?"s to ask yourself.

in the world cup game tkachuk was absolutley amazing like he has been since fgame one being a physical presence, and creating plays and he did score 4 goals last night on a line with modano, guerin and tkachuk they comined for like 13 or 14 points last nigh.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-08-2004 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

You're right!

This would be a typical Ranger move. Tkachuk carries a hefty price tag and getting him now would be three years to late. Yep, he's perfect.

Blueshirt13 09-08-2004 03:42 PM

If either of these trades took place a few years ago, it would have been the right time, especially the latter of the two...

http://mt.hockeybird.com/archives/001625.html
LARRY:
I didn't declare Richter a Flyer. I reported that a source--a team owner, by the way--had told me that the Flyers were preparing to offer Richter a contract. On the larger scale, when I report that the Rangers are interested in a player, or talking to a team about acquiring a player, that doesn't mean the trade (or signing) is assured. I think the only time I've ever characterized a trade as being imminent was the three-way for Keith Tkachuk a few years ago...and it was until Carolina owner Peter Karmanos killed the deal that would have featured Tkachuk, Petr Nedved and Keith Primeau.

http://www.usatoday.com/community/chat/1017allen.htm
new york, new york: Do you give any credence about the rumor of Tkachuk and Khabibulin being traded to the Rangers for Fleury, Richter, and there two top prospects.

Kevin Allen: I learned long ago that anything is possible in the nhl and that where there is smoke there is usually a potential bonfire. I wouldn't do that if i was phoenix.

Theoren Fan 09-08-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

:eek:

Keith Tkachuk?? :(

AND trading Moore, Lundmark AND a 3rd rounder?? :help:

I'd rather bring back Hlavac and Jeff Toms then have Tkachuk put a Rangers jersey on, especially now.

Master Lok 09-08-2004 05:06 PM

What happened to rebuilding with kids?

JJ68NYR 09-08-2004 07:19 PM

i would do it. DMoore is 24 with good potential left but again the big thing is he will be 25 this yr when is he gonna make it???

Lundmark is going to be 24 but has made it up and now just needs to fine tune his game to become what we drafted.

Poti well he speaks for himself. He would still be big help on other teams just doesnt fit in on ours.

icthelight 09-08-2004 07:28 PM

wouldnt want him at his advancing age, despite his world cup heroics. Although if you made that a seond rounder and added Hollweg im sure it could get done. I understand people being impatient, but Jortmeyer is just another person throwing out his opinion on a free forum. Even though most of his trades are a little off, with a little tinkering it could be possible. Everyone needs to just relax.

kazo 09-09-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icthelight
wouldnt want him at his advancing age, despite his world cup heroics. Although if you made that a seond rounder and added Hollweg im sure it could get done. I understand people being impatient, but Jortmeyer is just another person throwing out his opinion on a free forum. Even though most of his trades are a little off, with a little tinkering it could be possible. Everyone needs to just relax.

All this talk about Wiseman when the guy I'm talking up is Hollweg. Assuming his noggin' is ok, I think his upside is much higher than Wiseman. A lot tougher and a lot more physical than Wiseman. With Wiseman, what you see is what you get. A solid AHL 'er/borderline NHL'er but I just don't see a lot more upside to his game, IMO.

303Joe 09-09-2004 01:23 PM

You forgot to include..

Quote:

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Wiseman -Holik-Mayers

Defense:
McGillis Rachunek
Kondrativ Tyutin

Barret Jackman or Pronger coming back. Poti stinks you guys can't wait to get rid of him. Moore is small and has done nothing at the NHL level and Lundmark did absolutley nothing in the final 30 games last year with lots of playing time. But he that 5th rounder just might get the deal made.

303Joe 09-09-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
Get a clue before trolling.

Huh what happen? I got a clue there Mattyboy. What was wrong with my post. i thought St. louis should have throwin Pronger or jackman in the deal what's wrong with that? ;)

True Blue 09-09-2004 03:04 PM

"Get a clue before trolling."

Barnaby,
Joe is a good guy. He is not a troll. He is here to debate. Nothing wrong with that. It's ok, Joe. The HFDS is still with you.

303Joe 09-09-2004 03:22 PM

Thanks True Blue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
"Get a clue before trolling."

Barnaby,
Joe is a good guy. He is not a troll. He is here to debate. Nothing wrong with that. It's ok, Joe. The HFDS is still with you.

Sure I was having some fun on the post as most rangers fans including barnaby told Ortmeyer to forget the deal. Just having some fun.

barnaby63 09-09-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303Joe
Sure I was having some fun on the post as most rangers fans including barnaby told Ortmeyer to forget the deal. Just having some fun.

Sorry about that I just get a little overzealous when fans of other teams start to describe and give out potential and value of our prospects.

No harm meant.

Senor Rational 09-09-2004 10:15 PM

As a Blues fan...

KT hasnt done much since coming over. When the team really needs him he doesnt deliver. He isnt very clutch and seems to have conditioning problems. He is strong with some speed but during the third period he just doesnt have it. I wouldve said yes minus poti plus a second rounder but after the WC....

KT for Lundmark, Dubinsky, and 3 first rounders :)

To some that might be asking much for some, not enough. But I really like Lundmark and Dubinsky, hell throw in Blackburn and we'll subtract two of those first rounders. Might wanna post this on the Blues board, it could create some intrest.

-SR

ChrisKreider20 09-09-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senor Rational
As a Blues fan...

KT hasnt done much since coming over. When the team really needs him he doesnt deliver. He isnt very clutch and seems to have conditioning problems. He is strong with some speed but during the third period he just doesnt have it. I wouldve said yes minus poti plus a second rounder but after the WC....

KT for Lundmark, Dubinsky, and 3 first rounders :)

To some that might be asking much for some, not enough. But I really like Lundmark and Dubinsky, hell throw in Blackburn and we'll subtract two of those first rounders. Might wanna post this on the Blues board, it could create some intrest.

-SR

you should see the idiot trade that the leaf fans came up w/ for Tkachuk and weight. Just because I said it was a bad trade. They said I was trolling.

This was the trade:
nolan,wellwood,pilar

for

weight(half salary),tkachuk

so I said it was bad and suggested....

Tkachuk, Weight
for
Colaiacovo, Steen, two first round picks....

so they called me an idiot...
meh what can you do. Stupid Leaf fans! :lol