HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Most Underrated Ranger Prospect? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102374)

ChrisKreider20 09-08-2004 04:03 PM

Most Underrated Ranger Prospect?
 
Some people think Chad Wiseman will amount to nothing. I think he will at least be a third line grinder...

he used to be 5'11 180, he had good hands, was a fast skater and well he did well in the AHL....

Apparently he is 6'3 and 215 now.... and may have a spot as a full time player...

The last two spots have been offered to 4 players... Dominic Moore, and Chad Wiseman... The other two I am not aware of.

Levitate 09-08-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

The last two spots have been offered to 4 players... Dominic Moore, and Chad Wiseman... The other two I am not aware of
err, what do you mean by that?

i think wiseman definatly is underrated but he's gonna have to prove people wrong then...needs a decent shot at the NHL though to do it

i'd say just about any of the college prospects are underrated cuz we just don't hear a ton about them...but potter seems to me one guy that is real underrated. on the WJC team and everything but you don't hear much about him

barnaby63 09-08-2004 04:42 PM

Marcus Jonasen.

Bob Froese 09-08-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid
he used to be 5'11 180, he had good hands, was a fast skater and well he did well in the AHL....

Apparently he is 6'3 and 215 now.... and may have a spot as a full time player...

The last two spots have been offered to 4 players... Dominic Moore, and Chad Wiseman... The other two I am not aware of.

well i myself am high on wiseman, i think he has 2nd line potential and can be to us what cheechoo amuounted in sanjose , knowone expected him to score 27 or so goals and he did i think wiseman with the right amount of tiome and the right players can oput up some very solid 2nd line #'s

as for you 6'3" 215, what in the hell are u reading do u have a source?

i know he is listed as like 6'0" or 6'1" 195 or so maybe 200 aorund there not what u put down.

and just curious how gullable are u to belive he went from 5'11`1" 180lbs to 6'3" 215lbs, i mean seriously , no offense but what are u reading and what are u believing

ChrisKreider20 09-08-2004 05:01 PM


Bob Froese 09-08-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid
I didn't read it. Though these stories are hardly ever believed by you guys, one of my buds used to give hockey players in the OHL his home. When Chad played for the Mississauga icedogs he was one of the players that stayed at his house. Chad went to his house for dinner and told my friend he was now 6"3 215. Yes I live in Mississauga, Canada.

Believe me if you want.

he is listed as whatver around 6ft and 195-200 lbs, you just dont shoot up in a year 2o lbs and 3-4 inches out of knowwhere especially at 23 years old, you are a guy a assume so u know men stop growing at 20 or so. so u can believe what u want

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-08-2004 05:18 PM

my 3 top underrate Rangers prospect:
1. Brandon Dubinsky He had more points than Andrew Ladd. The only downside is he is 5'11 but alot of small players play bigger than some of the bigger players.
2. Mike Walsh I think this kid has it all. Not the scoring but that will come. Most power forwards take longer. I feel he will be a solid forward, maybe compared to Mike LeClerc from the Ducks.
3. Jordin Foote well maybe he can turn into a kirk maltby type that would not be that bad.

Oilers Chick 09-08-2004 05:25 PM

Dylan Reese

Edge 09-08-2004 05:37 PM

It could be Dubinsky. The kid needs a bit of work but he can score and will pay the price and annoy the hell out of people.

icthelight 09-08-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
my 3 top underrate Rangers prospect:
1. Brandon Dubinsky He had more points than Andrew Ladd. The only downside is he is 5'11 but alot of small players play bigger than some of the bigger players.
2. Mike Walsh I think this kid has it all. Not the scoring but that will come. Most power forwards take longer. I feel he will be a solid forward, maybe compared to Mike LeClerc from the Ducks.
3. Jordin Foote well maybe he can turn into a kirk maltby type that would not be that bad.


Didnt Walsh graduate? Did we sign to a pro contract? My underrated prospects are:

1. Darin Olver-led his team in scoring as a freshman with 13 goals
2. Rory Rawlyk--best d-man on Charlotte and has scoring ability
3. Marcus Jonasen---he's a POWER foward and has scoring touch

NYR469 09-08-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icthelight
Didnt Walsh graduate?

no walsh is going to be a junior at notre dame this year and was just named assistant captain...

icthelight 09-08-2004 05:54 PM

oops i was thinking of Martz....what happened to him?

Larry Melnyk 09-08-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Dylan Reese

Man, Oiler Chick's stealing my thunder.! :)..Agree on Reese who I was propping up all during the Prospect Polls....Corey Potter also....I also think guys like Dominic Moore and Alexandre Giroux are underated by fans, particularly since the new toys were obntained in late June..

Levitate 09-08-2004 06:07 PM

i like giroux a lot too...talked to some binghampton fans after the trade and they were real sad to see him go...he brings a lot of stuff to the table...he can score, he does have skills, pretty good skater, he's abrasive and sticks up for his teammates, can play a physical game, can play decent defense...honestly to me he looks like a great 3rd line type of player. i'd like to see him in the rangers lineup next year. i think he could win a spot on the 4th line and try to see if he can work his way up on to the 3rd line by some point. needs to have that good training camp though of course

barnaby63 09-08-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I also think guys like Dominic Moore and Alexandre Giroux are underated by fans, particularly since the new toys were obntained in late June..

Aint that the truth...

Larry Melnyk 09-08-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
It could be Dubinsky. The kid needs a bit of work but he can score and will pay the price and annoy the hell out of people.

I miss Marc Savard! Well, the one that finally matured in Atlanta..But I still like the cocky ******* as a Ranger! If Dubinsky has any of that (be it as a scorer or passer), I'm onboard....Damn, there I go, thinking again and, even scarier, agreeing..You should be afraid..)

NYR469 09-08-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icthelight
oops i was thinking of Martz....what happened to him?

martz graduated and still hasn't been signed yet...

Fish 09-08-2004 07:01 PM

Martz...not even listed "in the system" any more...

Anyway, I really do like Melnyk's two picks in Reese and Potter. I spoke to Reese's coach in Pittsburgh after he was drafted, and there's certainly something to work with there. He's a little undersized, but as offensive minded d-man it shouldn't matter too much.

Potter is that kind of no frills d-man that people will either appreciate or totally miss in a game. At the world juniors Coach Eaves called him the anchor of the US blueline.

I'd also add Nate Guenin...a guy who in my mind had more potential than Jake Taylor and has become one of the best defensemen in the CCHA.

Oilers Chick 09-08-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
I'd also add Nate Guenin...a guy who in my mind had more potential than Jake Taylor and has become one of the best defensemen in the CCHA.

Good call! I'd add Guenin to the underrated list as well.

NYRangers 09-08-2004 07:51 PM

I'd say David Liffiton.

modestfwd 09-08-2004 08:26 PM

We have a bunch of underrated guys.

Dom Moore - Many forget how good he looked during training camp, the only reason he wasn't on the team was because Mess had his spot! He was #2 behind Tyutin on our depth chart, and now he's barely at 20.

All those college mother****ers, they got a lot of promise.

Guenin especially, he's going to be our own Paneuf. Maybe not that good, but he can hit.

Immonen doesn't get enough respect on these boards. It's sort of pathetic when someone ranks Lauri ahead of him.

Reese and Potter. When I saw Potter during the WJCs, he reminded me a lot of Lampman.

Edge 09-08-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I miss Marc Savard! Well, the one that finally matured in Atlanta..But I still like the cocky ******* as a Ranger! If Dubinsky has any of that (be it as a scorer or passer), I'm onboard....Damn, there I go, thinking again and, even scarier, agreeing..You should be afraid..)


That's it! No more games, who the hell are you?!?!?!

If Melnyk is dead just let us know so that we may morn him in our special ways {whoever comes up with the most depressing post wins}.

Having said that, Savard is who he reminds me a lot of. Some people see it, some don't.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-09-2004 12:12 AM

I like this Byers kid. I think he will be a solid tough guy in the NHL.

Edge 09-09-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I like this Byers kid. I think he will be a solid tough guy in the NHL.

He's not really a tough guy. He's more of a pest. Despite his size.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-09-2004 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
He's not really a tough guy. He's more of a pest. Despite his size.

Hmm maybe a less skilled Barnaby. I hope he can become that good.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.