HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   News Article: Hitchcock to Coach St. Louis (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1023799)

leesmith 11-06-2011 08:58 PM

Hitchcock to Coach St. Louis
 
@andystrickland: Blues fire Davis Payne...name Ken Hitchcock head coach

Confirmed on NHL.com:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=nhl-rxl-twt

ClevelandJacketFan 11-06-2011 09:01 PM

Bullet dodged, IMO

jacks johnson 11-06-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 39073261)
@andystrickland: Blues fire Davis Payne...name Ken Hitchcock head coach

Damn your on it tonight , probably checking twitter every few minutes praying for a change. This is a great thing. NO hitch, and money to sign a goalie

Fred Glover 11-06-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 39073261)
@andystrickland: Blues fire Davis Payne...name Ken Hitchcock head coach

Good for Hitch, I am happy for him. I hate to see him in the division but it is good for St. Louis and for him.


Meanwhile, Scott Howson still hibernates while the Jackets spiral into hockey oblivion.

Hipster Letestu 11-06-2011 09:02 PM

Craziness! :scared:

In all honesty I have no idea why St. Louis feels like making a desperate move like this. Thanks for saving us some money though!

36kap36 11-06-2011 09:03 PM

Good luck to him. At least we won't have him back.

CBJWennberg41 11-06-2011 09:05 PM

Good for him

Fro 11-06-2011 09:05 PM

well damn...i didn't think this was thread worthy...shame on me!

leesmith 11-06-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 39073835)
well damn...i didn't think this was thread worthy...shame on me!

It's only thread worthy because 1. it's money off OUR books and 2. he was rumored by many to be back behind OUR bench soon. The latter is probably what motivated the Blues to act now.

Fro 11-06-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 39073977)
It's only thread worthy because 1. it's money off OUR books and 2. he was rumored by many to be back behind OUR bench soon. The latter is probably what motivated the Blues to act now.

all good my friend...I agree...thank you st louis...you just set our ball rolling i believe

bester vaive 11-06-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Glover (Post 39073563)
Good for Hitch, I am happy for him. I hate to see him in the division but it is good for St. Louis and for him.


Meanwhile, Scott Howson still hibernates while the Jackets spiral into hockey oblivion.

If the Jackets were 6-7-0, Howson would be giving everyone 4 year/ $20 million contract extensions.

Renion 11-06-2011 09:10 PM

Didn't want him as the Jackets' coach again, but good luck to him nonetheless.

18,136 11-06-2011 09:10 PM

Interesting that on the Blues board there was a question as to whether or not this was done now since Hextall is talks to come to Columbus.

1857 Howitzer 11-06-2011 09:11 PM

Did not see that coming.

Now Arniel is free to coach without that cloud over his head. :sarcasm:

Nanabijou 11-06-2011 09:11 PM

This caught me by surprise. Clearly, they must have asked permission to speak to Hitch over the last few days. The fact that it didn't leak out and that Hitch was still prominently being shown watching the Jackets is amazing.

leesmith 11-06-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bester vaive (Post 39074199)
If the Jackets were 6-7-0, Howson would be giving everyone 4 year/ $20 million contract extensions.

Therein lies the problem with the franchise. Excellent post! :handclap:

Fred Glover 11-06-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 39073977)
It's only thread worthy because 1. it's money off OUR books and 2. he was rumored by many to be back behind OUR bench soon. The latter is probably what motivated the Blues to act now.

I agree whole heartedly. Hitch always seemed to be a class act here. I again wish him well. He is going to another club playing less than inspired hockey. I think he will do well there. HOWEVER, just because money is off of our books, it DOES NOT MEAN that Happy Howie will :

1. Spend it or

2 Spend it wisely

CBJ Tiffin 11-06-2011 09:16 PM

Wonder what type of advice he has been giving the CBJ lately. Now it will all be in question.

Fro 11-06-2011 09:16 PM

we now know why it was Howson with Priest at practice today...Hitch was off packing

CBJwheel 11-06-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanabijou (Post 39074267)
This caught me by surprise. Clearly, they must have asked permission to speak to Hitch over the last few days. The fact that it didn't leak out and that Hitch was still prominently being shown watching the Jackets is amazing.

They were probably encouraging St. Louis to hire him ASAP :sarcasm:

SuperGenius 11-06-2011 09:18 PM

Good luck to Hitch. Should make the St Louis Blues games even more exciting than normal, providing we return to some semblance of an NHL caliber team at some point.

So I wonder if Payne is now a candidate for CBJ? Weirder things have happened.

Who knew that the biggest CBJ news today would be a hiring.

Fred Glover 11-06-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJ Tiffin (Post 39074659)
Wonder what type of advice he has been giving the CBJ lately. Now it will all be in question.

Maybe that is the reason we have been tanking, listening to a coach giving us bad in put :laugh:


I can just hear Hitch telling Priest: "Listen, you have a great club, Mason is just one step away from being a great goalie, stay the course, it will all work out." :sarcasm:

Cyclones Rock 11-06-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 39073977)
It's only thread worthy because 1. it's money off OUR books

Maybe. The Blues could be paying him very little (for this season) and the difference between whatever his compensation with the Blues is and his Columbus rate would still be have to be paid by the Jackets.

joshjoshjosh 11-06-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bester vaive (Post 39074199)
If the Jackets were 6-7-0, Howson would be giving everyone 4 year/ $20 million contract extensions.

Came here to say this. Must be nice.

64 million dollars, two wins.

LETS WAIT TIL EVERYONE'S HEALTHY

leesmith 11-06-2011 09:33 PM

I LOVE THIS TWEET!

Quote:

@lightthelamp: Blues 6-7 and fire coach. Jackets 2-11-1 and crickets. With 3 days til next game still plenty of time for axe trick. #priest #arniel #howson
"The Axe Trick" :laugh::handclap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.