HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Filatov recalled/sent down thread (Called Up, Nov 26) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1024227)

OmniSens 11-07-2011 12:34 PM

Filatov recalled/sent down thread (Called Up, Nov 26)

It'll happen a lot this season

Sent back down today to Bingo

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.ht...cmpid=rss-News

Derivation 11-07-2011 12:44 PM

Horrible news

NyQuil 11-07-2011 12:46 PM

Well, let's see how much determination this kid's got.

JoeSakic 11-07-2011 12:48 PM

Why is it horrible news?

What ever happened to the notion of letting a kid develop and produce on the farm consistently before calling them up? It frustrates the heck out of me that everyone feels that someone deserves a place on the team for whatever reason...he's either good enough to produce consistently or he's not. If he's not you send him down and let him get to line minutes on the farm.

It's a pretty simple concept.

coladin 11-07-2011 12:50 PM

Maybe because Ottawa doesn't play until Wed? They might call him up for wed game.

Or not. He is not taking advantage of his opportunity.

Manny* 11-07-2011 01:01 PM

I hope he comes back up for Wednesday's game.

PeterSidorkiewicz 11-07-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSakic (Post 39095457)
Why is it horrible news?

What ever happened to the notion of letting a kid develop and produce on the farm consistently before calling them up? It frustrates the heck out of me that everyone feels that someone deserves a place on the team for whatever reason...he's either good enough to produce consistently or he's not. If he's not you send him down and let him get to line minutes on the farm.

But he talks to fans on the internet! If that isn't a good reason to earn a spot on the roster, then I dont know what is.

Indrew 11-07-2011 01:09 PM

The B-Sens play Wednesday as well as Ottawa, so he's down there for at least one game I'd imagine...

BonkTastic 11-07-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theyellowsub (Post 39095331)
Horrible news

This is the kind of reaction I was hoping not to see, but fully expecting to find.

He's the only forward on a 2-way contract who is also waiver-exempt. We are currently carrying way too many forwards at the NHL level. Until we either make a trade or decide we hate someone enough to outright waive them and risk losing them for nothing, this is going to be a regular occurrence this year for Filatov.

That's the long and the short of it. It's a business decision.

*edit*
Besides, playing 20 minutes a night in the AHL is a MUCH better learning tool for Filatov than 7 minutes a night in the NHL. This is good for him, long term.

JoeSakic 11-07-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz (Post 39096133)
But he talks to fans on the internet! If that isn't a good reason to earn a spot on the roster, then I dont know what is.

True. I forgot.

SCREW BM!! Filatov should be playing on Spezza's wing (even though their styles don't mesh at all).

Lenny the Lynx 11-07-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSakic (Post 39095457)
Why is it horrible news?

I'm with you. Its baffling that people don't get this. AHL = Good for young players.

N Bahn Ahden 11-07-2011 01:25 PM

For the best. He needs to play, and that wasn't happening here.

Marble 11-07-2011 01:38 PM

Surprised by how reasonable most of the responses are. Hope he can develop well in Binghamton and then challenge for a spot when he's ready.

Mark Effin Stone 11-07-2011 01:43 PM

Paul MacLean made some comments on the move in todays presser.

link to it at http://twitter.com/#!/nhl_sens

mt-svk 11-07-2011 01:48 PM

He needs confidence, when he gets confidence he shows his qualities... all is psychology... when you do not have confidence you can be the second Gretzky... you never show it... he has great hockey sense and he has great hockey vision... but until he will has confidence he will not show it because he does not believes to do some things and play for certain not creative (the reason why Zibanejad was send to SEL). And if he wants confidence he must play but he will not play in Sens so he must play in Bingo... and many... I hope any stupid hit will not come because IMo it influenced his achievments too (maybe).

Kurt Kleinendorst is a great developing coach and he will help him if he will play he gets it and than you will see how he is a player. I am absolutely sure he will help him, not hope, sure. I feel it.

BonkTastic 11-07-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubbe (Post 39097297)
Paul MacLean made some comments on the move in todays presser.

link to it at http://twitter.com/#!/nhl_sens

My old ass is in class today, I can't play audio.

Anyone have a summary?

operasen 11-07-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensjersey11 (Post 39096215)
This is the kind of reaction I was hoping not to see, but fully expecting to find.

He's the only forward on a 2-way contract who is also waiver-exempt. We are currently carrying way too many forwards at the NHL level. Until we either make a trade or decide we hate someone enough to outright waive them and risk losing them for nothing, this is going to be a regular occurrence this year for Filatov.

*edit*
Besides, playing 20 minutes a night in the AHL is a MUCH better learning tool for Filatov than 7 minutes a night in the NHL. This is good for him, long term.

Spot On.

So far he's been given lots of rope and has yet to tie a knot. He's got the upside and I hope he's as patient as the coaches in getting it developped. This is his year to make the team. If he can not, he'll be swallowed with the depth coming next year.

Manny* 11-07-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensjersey11 (Post 39097621)
My old ass is in class today, I can't play audio.

Anyone have a summary?

Filatov has been "tight and tentative" during his stints in Ottawa. Needs to gain confidence. MacLean says Filatov has been a dangerous and creative player down in Binghamton and needs to be that player in the NHL. Says it might take a few more trips before he's that kind of player.

N Bahn Ahden 11-07-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny (Post 39097819)
Filatov has been "tight and tentative" during his stints in Ottawa. Needs to gain confidence. MacLean says Filatov has been a dangerous and creative player down in Binghamton and needs to be that player in the NHL. Says it might take a few more trips before he's that kind of player.

Pretty spot on assessment.

Flamingo 11-07-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden (Post 39098701)
Pretty spot on assessment.

Yes, this makes sense from what we've seen.

This 11-07-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

A regular BizNasty.

Xspyrit 11-07-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

:laugh:

Please stop Pete... lol still laughing

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensjersey11 (Post 39096215)

*edit*

Da Costa isn't?

I also don't mind playing Filatov in the AHL, particulary because he'll play a lot more. I just hope he keeps his morale.

I'm hoping they make a top-6 line like this :

Filatov-Hoffman-Petersson

SensFactor 11-07-2011 02:50 PM

Even with limited ice time, he was barely noticable out there...very tentative to engage in battles...again as people have said he's not doing himself any favours staying with the big club....he needs to get his game in order and the AHL will help him do this.

He's got to try 100% or he'll be let go at years end as a RFA.

BonkTastic 11-07-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xspyrit (Post 39099351)
Da Costa isn't?

Ah, you are right. I completely forgot DaCosta's ELC.
Still though, DaC's a center, and we need centers, Regin's hurt, blah blah, insert rebuilding comment here, etc...

Hopefully Filatov tears it up in the AHL again... 4 goals in 7 games and from what I've heard made a good impression.

I honestly could care less about Filatov playing in Ottawa in November... I'm much more concerned with how he plays in Ottawa in late February, and if time in the AHL is going to make him a better NHLer by then, I'm all for it.

BonkTastic 11-07-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFactor (Post 39099853)
He's got to try 100% or he'll be let go at years end as a RFA.

All things considered, I can't see us just letting him walk as a restricted free agent, without a qualifying offer.