HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   rangs-aves proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102425)

RangsDave 09-08-2004 07:38 PM

rangs-aves proposal
 
just a thought

To NYR: Hejduk, Svatos
To Col: holik, montoya, rachunek

Colorado could use a young backup for aebischer and holik could be a good 2nd line center for them. Rachunek would help on the third or fourth line.

Rangers get an experianced winger for the first line and a great young prospect.
It's WIN-WIN

NYRangers 09-08-2004 07:47 PM

:shakehead :banghead: :eek: :cry:

ChrisKreider20 09-08-2004 08:02 PM

:shakehead

that is horrible for both teams...............

Holik NYR need for youngsters, Montoya is their future goaltender, Rachunek is a solid dman....

Hejduk is amazing but plays on the RW if i'm not mistaken Svatos is RW too.

We have Balej and Jagr!!!!!!

Bacchus 09-08-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangsDave
just a thought

To NYR: Hejduk, Svatos
To Col: holik, montoya, rachunek

Colorado could use a young backup for aebischer and holik could be a good 2nd line center for them. Rachunek would help on the third or fourth line.

Rangers get an experianced winger for the first line and a great young prospect.
It's WIN-WIN

Holik a second line center on the Avs? Who shall he replace? Forsberg? Or Sakic?
As of now, Montoya is not a back-up. They have Sauve and Aebischer, both fairly young and it seems that the Avs believe in these two.
It's definitely not WIN for the Avs.

From a Rangers POV, we'd get two more RW's. That's not really what we need.
Plus, I think it's a bad idea as of now shopping one of our goalies. That's our main strengh.

Btw.: Nice avatar! :yo:

Fire Sather 09-08-2004 08:36 PM

are ranger fans saying no to this deal?

not even worth discussing why this is the worst proposal ever.

Rodent 09-08-2004 09:33 PM

Sorry, moved my post to the Ovechkin thread, which is where it was supposed to go.

NYRangers 09-08-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
There's a rule-of-thumb that should be considered when making trade proposals.

If you have to explain the proposal, it probably isn't worth the electrons it's printed on.

I offer more unsolicited rules of thumb in today's rodent Rant.

http://hockeyrodent.com/r1058.htm

Flame me if you must. But the folks who see these proposals and roll their eyes know precisely what I'm talking about.

This should be in bold an stickied. It needed to be said.

Ro, when you said..."By the way, George McPhee told Glen Sather that any deal for Ovechkin begins with Petr Prucha, and probably ends well beyond the youngster. " Were you reffering to earlier rants or is there still some chatter? Because it'd be hard to believe therer still talking, but Im just checking.

Rodent 09-08-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
Ro, when you said..."By the way, George McPhee told Glen Sather that any deal for Ovechkin begins with Petr Prucha, and probably ends well beyond the youngster. " Were you reffering to earlier rants or is there still some chatter? Because it'd be hard to believe therer still talking, but Im just checking.

I'm referring to what one Cap scout said to a Ranger scout in Sazka Arena back in April.

I have heard no further movement on either Prucha or Ovechkin.

RANGER#11 09-09-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid
:shakehead

that is horrible for both teams...............

Holik NYR need for youngsters, Montoya is their future goaltender, Rachunek is a solid dman....

Hejduk is amazing but plays on the RW if i'm not mistaken Svatos is RW too.

We have Balej and Jagr!!!!!!

I agree and defianitly worse us. :shakehead

DuklaNation 09-10-2004 12:16 PM

Colorado wouldnt do it:

#1. Holik's huge salary.

#2. Hejduk is the best player in the deal by far.

#3. Montoya is 4 years away from making an impact (if).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.