HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   TV: 2 Broke Girls (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1024809)

Bad Natey 11-08-2011 08:12 AM

2 Broke Girls

Couldn't find a thread for this, so I thought I'd make one. Honestly, it's the one of the best sitcoms I've ever seen. I love Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, but this show is right on that level. At least as far as laugh out loud moments go.

I'll warn you though, this show is quite different. It's quite a bit more vulgar. And you're going to get plenty of sexiest, racial and crude jokes. Don't like them? Don't watch.

One joke in episode #2 had me dying for a good 30 seconds. Just floored me.

LINK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1845307/
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8541/twobrokegirls.jpg

Here's a preview if you haven't heard anything about it;

RayP 11-08-2011 08:37 AM

This can't end well.

duckchobbins 11-08-2011 08:53 AM

I saw an episode about going to a cupcake class, does that sound right? I enjoyed it. Not enough that I bothered to set a series DVR, but it wasn't a bad show.

Drake1588 11-08-2011 09:37 AM

I don't mind the racy or edgy or risque elements in the show. I do mind that it isn't funny, though.

NeilYoung 11-08-2011 09:43 AM

I actually enjoy this show, didn't think I would but I do.

It's an easy watch doesn't make you think just relax and watch, nice break from the usual shows I watch different change of pace.

Voodoo Child 11-08-2011 09:44 AM

It is surprisingly not that horrible, but Kat Dennings can do better. It's better than Whitney and New Girl, but is that such an accomplishment?

Bad Natey 11-08-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO (Post 39129225)

It's an easy watch doesn't make you think just relax and watch, nice break from the usual shows I watch different change of pace.

Exactly what I thought. We watch TV shows at work since we nights and there's nothing to do on breaks, so we are always looking for new shows. I kept skipping over this because honestly, I thought it would be horrible.

Watched the pilot, thought it was alright. Figured I'd give it another go. Watch the second episode and nearly died laughing. The third episode was pretty great too. We had been watching "How To Be A Gentleman" but that was not very good at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 39127981)
I saw an episode about going to a cupcake class, does that sound right? I enjoyed it. Not enough that I bothered to set a series DVR, but it wasn't a bad show.

Not sure, I haven't watched them all. They are two waitresses at a diner but they are trying to save up money to open their own cupcake store. Sounds stupid, I know. I thought the same thing. But it's actually pretty funny.

Ozz 11-08-2011 09:49 AM

I've caught a couple episodes while my girlfriend was watching it. It's not bad, and it's one of few shows she watches that I can actually stand.

Le Tricolore 11-08-2011 09:52 AM

I stopped reading at "I love Big Bang Theory"

Your opinion no longer matters.

Bad Natey 11-08-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 39129493)
I stopped reading at "I love Big Bang Theory"

Your opinion no longer matters.

Bro, you should of stopped reading after you saw I created the thread about a TV show. We both know that we have complete opposite tastes in TV. :P

I like Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, One Tree Hill, Castle, The Walking Dead, Flashpoint, NCIS, Rookie Blue, and Criminal Minds. I think that's it for what's on TV, but definitely nothing similar to you.

You also told me my opinion no longer matters (about TV or music) about two years ago, so thanks for keeping me updated. :P

Drake1588 11-08-2011 09:57 AM

I sort of like Kat Dennings, though not the character very much. The other one is terrible. I feel for Garrett Morris.

Stories 11-08-2011 10:01 AM

It's not a bad show and placing it after HIMYM automatically makes me watch it out of pure laziness.

Le Tricolore 11-08-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 39129583)
Bro, you should of stopped reading after you saw I created the thread about a TV show. We both know that we have complete opposite tastes in TV. :P

I like Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, One Tree Hill, Castle, The Walking Dead, Flashpoint, NCIS, Rookie Blue, and Criminal Minds. I think that's it for what's on TV, but definitely nothing similar to you.

You also told me my opinion no longer matters (about TV or music) about two years ago, so thanks for keeping me updated. :P

It was about music. Now it's about TV. Expect another thread when you make a post about a movie ;)

Sports Enthusiast 11-08-2011 10:49 AM

This show is TERRIBLE. I can't believe it hasn't been axed yet. it's simply just not funny. I can't believe it's CBS's #1 show(well I think that speaks more to the volumes of what an overall **** lineup they have)

Drake1588 11-08-2011 10:52 AM

I think it's their #1 new sitcom. The #1 show on TV, and powering through each week, is still NCIS.

Sports Enthusiast 11-08-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake1588 (Post 39131411)
I think it's their #1 new sitcom. The #1 show on TV, and powering through each week, is still NCIS.

Ahh, I goofed. Forgot all about NCIS.

I would hardly classify this show here as a sitcom though.

Elever 11-08-2011 11:38 AM

It's been good, some pretty good dialogue, and it's much better than the new Two and a Half Men which has this weird depressing/dejected tone.

End on a Hinote 11-08-2011 11:45 AM

Not terrible, but I can't stand Kat Denning's character. Too miserable to be likable.

McSorleyStick 11-08-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO (Post 39129225)

I agree with this
Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 39132819)
It's been good, some pretty good dialogue, and it's much better than the new Two and a Half Men which has this weird depressing/dejected tone.

Believe it or nor not, I actually watched 2 and a Half Men yesterday, and it wasnt bad :amazed:

The depressing tone want really there; Alan had a mental breakdown and turned into Charlie; getting the hot women, drinking, dressing like him :laugh:

Chris Cutter 11-08-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorleyStick (Post 39133133)
I agree with this

Believe it or nor not, I actually watched 2 and a Half Men yesterday, and it wasnt bad :amazed:

The depressing tone want really there; Alan had a mental breakdown and turned into Charlie; getting the hot women, drinking, dressing like him :laugh:

It was probably the best 2.5 men episode of the season.

ToddRundgren 11-08-2011 11:58 AM

It's really bad but there are two big reasons I can't ever change the channel when it's on...

Habsfan18 11-08-2011 12:07 PM

My wife and I watch it. We enjoy it. Mike And Molly is pretty funny too. They both play on CBS Monday nights.

Ozz 11-08-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Cutter (Post 39133369)
It was probably the best 2.5 men episode of the season.

That was hilarious :laugh:

Tuggy 11-08-2011 01:32 PM

It's at least tolerable when the girlfriend is watching but to call it one of the best sitcoms you have ever seen is quite strange. I'm sure even the actors themselves on this show wouldn't even say that. You must be easily impressed.

Bad Natey 11-08-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 39136427)
It's at least tolerable when the girlfriend is watching but to call it one of the best sitcoms you have ever seen is quite strange. I'm sure even the actors themselves on this show wouldn't even say that. You must be easily impressed.

Maybe that was a bit over the top (and I'm sure that might change as the series wears on), but the one joke that just killed me in episode #2 was well worth the recommendation. Maybe it was so funny because it was 4AM, but still.

And by sitcoms, I think I am easily impressed. I like a lot of them. I can't even count how many seasons of sitcoms I own. Off the top of my head;

- entire series of Friends
- entire series (so far) of Spin City
- entire series of Saved by the Bell
- entire series (so far) of Big Bang Theory
- entire series (so far) of How I Met Your Mother
- entire series (so far) of My Two Dads

And I'm drawing a complete blank after that.

I remember hating Frasier as a kid, but I've actually watched a few episodes recently and it's not that bad at all. Probably when I was 15 and tried watching it, some of the dialogue would be over my head. I seem to understand more of the words he says now though. :laugh: