HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GDT: Hamilton Bulldogs vs Chicago Wolves 10 AM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1024839)

montreal 11-08-2011 09:08 AM

Hamilton Bulldogs vs Chicago Wolves 10 AM

Thought I would make a game day thread for the school day game. Going to be noisy I suspect as last years was nuts.

Starting Lineup

DeSimone Engqvist Leblanc
Mitera Stejskal

Lawson

Palushaj gets a penalty for giving the goalie a minor tap, they gave him 10 minutes for that. Now the lines are all jacked.

You can listen to the game on the radio, www.820cham.com

Injured
Conboy- injured in practice
Schultz- out 6-8 weeks
Dumont- out 2-3 weeks

Dogs not awake yet. Stejskal with a nice shot block. Nattinen takes a penalty in his own end.

Dogs down 2-0 on two quick goals. Last one went off Stejskal's skate

Bad Natey 11-08-2011 09:09 AM

No stream, I suspect?

Crimson Skorpion 11-08-2011 09:10 AM

10 AM? I didn't know AHL games took place in the morning, unless this is a rare occurence. Really weird.

hototogisu 11-08-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 39128385)
10 AM? I didn't know AHL games took place in the morning, unless this is a rare occurence. Really weird.

It's a yearly thing they do for the schools in the area, I believe. I'm not sure if other teams do it besides the Bulldogs.

Can't imagine the kind of havoc it wreaks on the players' game day routines though.

montreal 11-08-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 39128425)
It's a yearly thing they do for the schools in the area, I believe. I'm not sure if other teams do it besides the Bulldogs.

Can't imagine the kind of havoc it wreaks on the players' game day routines though.

They are doing 2 this year since last year was so successful. The Marlies play their school day game at 10:30 today.

hototogisu 11-08-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 39128533)
They are doing 2 this year since last year was so successful. The Marlies play their school day game at 10:30 today.

Good to know, thanks.

7th Player 11-08-2011 09:26 AM

This is a really fun concept for the young lads.

I'm sure this will put a smile on a few kids in the Hamilton Area.

chaosrevolver 11-08-2011 09:40 AM

1-0 Chicago. Bad bounce.

chaosrevolver 11-08-2011 09:41 AM

2-0 Chicago. Tim Miller with both. Apparently another weak and freakish goal.

Protest the Hero 11-08-2011 10:05 AM

Good to hear Stejskal is back.

neofury* 11-08-2011 10:49 AM

Noticed Nash isn't on the injury list. He's back?

beaverBFP 11-08-2011 11:10 AM

Anybody wanna give a quick review on Leblancs games? What are his stats?

Bacchus1 11-08-2011 11:28 AM

Well, Atsvin scored ... people been waiting on that. What is the deal with this team? Is it a goalie issue? The defence doesn't look that bad on paper? Coaching? What is going on with the Dogs?

montreal 11-08-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 39131331)

He could be out for the season so I didn't list him

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaverBFP (Post 39131941)
Anybody wanna give a quick review on Leblancs games? What are his stats?

He hasn't looked very good of late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus1 (Post 39132495)
Well, Atsvin scored ... people been waiting on that. What is the deal with this team? Is it a goalie issue? The defence doesn't look that bad on paper? Coaching? What is going on with the Dogs?

The team can't score right now, they had no offense today (although I missed some of the 2nd/3rd since I am supposed to be working from home today) The defense has been shaky at times and Lawson is returning from injury, it looked like he may have reinjured himself but he stayed in the game.

Bacchus1 11-08-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 39132875)

The team can't score right now, they had no offense today (although I missed some of the 2nd/3rd since I am supposed to be working from home today) The defense has been shaky at times and Lawson is returning from injury, it looked like he may have reinjured himself but he stayed in the game.

Cheers! Hope they turn things around!

zzoo 11-08-2011 11:50 AM

Another loss. Leblanc is scoreless :(

Previous years, we have had good support from Hamilton, with players like D'Agostini, Pacioretty, DD, SK, Grabovski, Subban, Weber. Some players that I can look forward to. But now, we have none ...... maybe Leblanc. Absolutely no player is worth to call up in case of injury.
:(

KadrüH 11-08-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 39133261)
Another loss. Leblanc is scoreless :(

Previous years, we have had good support from Hamilton, with players like D'Agostini, Pacioretty, DD, SK, Grabovski, Subban, Weber. Some players that I can look forward to. But now, we have none ...... maybe Leblanc. Absolutely no player is worth to call up in case of injury.
:(

Don't worry. Gallagher, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Bournival etc. are coming up soon enough.

FrankMTL 11-08-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KadrüH (Post 39133767)
Don't worry. Gallagher, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Bournival etc. are coming up soon enough.

Hopefully Kristo, Pateryn and maybe Bennett next year too...Although Montreal would be better off letting Bennett play another year of NCAA because including Pateryn (who they'll probably sign) they will have 4 rookie d-men for Hamilton next year. (Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu, Pateryn). Any thoughts on maybe signing Walsh or Quailer for next year too? Walsh seems to have really picked up his play this year..Qualier still seems to be struggling a bit..

ThaDevilGirl 11-08-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 39134677)
Hopefully Kristo, Pateryn and maybe Bennett next year too...Although Montreal would be better off letting Bennett play another year of NCAA because including Pateryn (who they'll probably sign) they will have 4 rookie d-men for Hamilton next year. (Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu, Pateryn). Any thoughts on maybe signing Walsh or Quailer for next year too? Walsh seems to have really picked up his play this year..Qualier still seems to be struggling a bit..

I don't think Beaulieu can play next year in Hamilton, he just got drafted.

FrankMTL 11-08-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 39135143)
I don't think Beaulieu can play next year in Hamilton, he just got drafted.

Ya but he's actually a late '92 birthday, so he's good to go for the AHL next year.

ThaDevilGirl 11-08-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 39135241)
Ya but he's actually a late '92 birthday, so he's good to go for the AHL next year.

I feel so old now...

AllCanadienFan 11-08-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus1 (Post 39132495)

Seen 11 of their 13 games this year. Just doesn't look like they have what it takes even though there is some talent there. The first period today was the worst hockey I've seen them play. We were down 2-0 with both goals on the same shift and put in by the same dman. There was no effort today from the two statues behind the bench right through the line-up. We rarely fore check, seem to play a trap when we are tied or when we are down and get few scoring chances, I think 2 even strenght goals in the last four games.

AllCanadienFan 11-08-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 39131331)

Nash is around the rink seen him again today.

zzoo 11-08-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan (Post 39136193)
Seen 11 of their 13 games this year. Just doesn't look like they have what it takes even though there is some talent there. The first period today was the worst hockey I've seen them play. We were down 2-0 with both goals on the same shift and put in by the same dman. There was no effort today from the two statues behind the bench right through the line-up. We rarely fore check, seem to play a trap when we are tied or when we are down and get few scoring chances, I think 2 even strenght goals in the last four games.

Bulldogs can't go very far if the best player is Palushaj. Is he now the best player in Hamilton ?

habitue* 11-08-2011 03:56 PM

This team is badly missing Trotter and Bonneau....;)

I still think they should had try to re-sign McIntyre.