HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Parse on IR, Fraser in for Thursday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1025637)

FrozenKing18 11-09-2011 10:44 AM

Parse on IR, Fraser in for Thursday

Per Hammond.

Fishhead 11-09-2011 10:58 AM

I'm glad for the guy, because he finally gets a shot to play, but this goes against the Kings typical pattern.

If Parse is out for a while, like is indicated, a skilled guy should be brought up. If a guy like Scuderi goes down, traditionally the Kings would bring a guy like Muzzin up over a guy like Voynov. I'd rather see Loktionov brought up, he's a skilled player. Nothing against Fraser at all, but I would much rather get a look at someone who is going to be with the OrganIzation long term.

kingsfan 11-09-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishhead (Post 39183647)
I'm glad for the guy, because he finally gets a shot to play, but this goes against the Kings typical pattern.

If Parse is out for a while, like is indicated, a skilled guy should be brought up. If a guy like Scuderi goes down, traditionally the Kings would bring a guy like Muzzin up over a guy like Voynov. I'd rather see Loktionov brought up, he's a skilled player. Nothing against Fraser at all, but I would much rather get a look at someone who is going to be with the OrganIzation long term.

I agree. Is there any travel issues we are unaware of? Loki's not hurt or anything right?

Maybe they want Loki at centre and will only recall him if Kopi/SToll/Richards gets hurt?

Either way, glad he's getting a chance to play and show something after the gong show surrounding the trade. Did any ruling ever get made on the deal?

I expect Fraser will be waived at somepoint this season, unless he plays better than Hunter. One of the two will likely be waived this season, but Fraser has less skill, experience and a higher cap hit.

Winger23 11-09-2011 11:17 AM

Personally I don't agree with this at all. How much has this guy played in the past 6 months?

Bring up Lokti, move Stoll to wing. Problem solved. But instead we're going to get another grinder who's been out for a while that doesn't provide what this team needs.

Tatsdzyuk 11-09-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 39183835)
I agree. Is there any travel issues we are unaware of? Loki's not hurt or anything right?

Maybe they want Loki at centre and will only recall him if Kopi/SToll/Richards gets hurt?

Either way, glad he's getting a chance to play and show something after the gong show surrounding the trade. Did any ruling ever get made on the deal?

I expect Fraser will be waived at somepoint this season, unless he plays better than Hunter. One of the two will likely be waived this season, but Fraser has less skill, experience and a higher cap hit.

Ya I agree he will eventually get waived but after kings see what he has to offer.

Quattro 11-09-2011 11:22 AM

Poor Parse. Guy just can't stay healthy.

Buddy The Elf 11-09-2011 12:05 PM

Well the Scott Parse era with the LA Kings may have come to an end.

Johnny Utah 11-09-2011 12:38 PM

Fraser was barely a 4th liner on last years Oilers...enough said...and he fights as well as Kelly Buchberger.

agentfouser 11-09-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quattro (Post 39184543)
Poor Parse. Guy just can't stay healthy.

Yeah, I really feel for the guy. He clearly has some skill, but fate has intervened.

Sybil227 11-09-2011 01:43 PM

If Lokti was brought up & then sent back down - would he have to pass waivers?

Sydor25 11-09-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227 (Post 39189863)
If Lokti was brought up & then sent back down - would he have to pass waivers?

Nope.

etherialone 11-09-2011 04:45 PM

I leave Loko down on the farm while we dice out which of our "energy guys" are going to stick around. I like Hunter but he is too slow from injury, EMinem is a shift by shift 6/7 mins at most guys and while we have to wait and see how Tossed Salad will play I have some hope that he might possibly maybe be the guy maybe.

If we aren't considering calling up AA or one of the kids (Nolan etc) then the list is pretty short.

Once we have that spot sorted I think our bottom 6 becomes a very good asset again as opposed to what it is today. *Then* I would cut bait with someone (whoever is the odd man out PARSE) and maybe make room to give Loko another look.

Meh.

tigermask48 11-09-2011 06:09 PM

Death, Taxes... and now Parse on IR. That's three things that are certain.

lfchockey* 11-13-2011 08:15 PM

Does anyone know what the injury is?
Is it the same as last year? If it is, would it be safe to assume it may be a career ender?

Gentle Ben Kenobi 11-13-2011 08:38 PM

I am a Colin Fraser fan. I celebrate his entire collection.

PSP 11-13-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winger23 (Post 39184353)
How much has this guy played in the past 6 months?

How much have ANY of them played in the last 6 months? ;)

Bandit 11-13-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 39396159)
I am a Colin Fraser fan. I celebrate his entire collection.

* Catalog.

Johnny Utah 11-13-2011 10:06 PM

I take back what I said about Fraser, he has played pretty well in his 2 games and got under the skin of Peters and Staubitz against Minny. We were missing something like that on our 4th line...Lewis doesn't really that much grit and Richie has a bit, but Fraser is finishing ever check and getting involved physically.