HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Are any of you current or former Marines? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1026185)

THEKingsFanInRI 11-10-2011 12:15 AM

Are any of you current or former Marines?

If so, allow me to wish you a Happy 236th birthday. Please stand up and let us acknowledge and thank you for your service.

Mods, all I ask is that this thread stay open at least through Nov. 10th to honor and and all who have served in the USMC.

butteryslugz 11-10-2011 12:30 AM

Thank you to all the men and women who have fought for my freedom!

damacles1156 11-10-2011 12:52 AM

Thank you.

Former Marine Corps, I got out in 2006 after my Fourth tour to Combat. Joined in 1999 when all was peaceful. :handclap:

I loved my Time in the Marines; it made me grow up fast, and really appreciate what I have in the good ole USA.

Visiting Third world Countries is an eye opener. I wish everyone could spend at least a week in Iraq/Afgan. Then people would know How good it is to Be a Free Citizen.

Thank you for your support; and on a side note They are wanting to cut Defense spending again by 20%. I urge American Citizens to say NO. They do not CUT THE SWEET HEART PROJECTS. They cut Soldier Pay and Benefits FIRST.

Cause those are not near and dear to Politicians Hearts.

Off my soap box. Thank you guys

Former Staff Sergeant Marine Corps:

Jake Parsons
E.O.D 1st Marine Division.
Camp Pendleton.

nocturn 11-10-2011 07:29 AM

Thanks to all the leathernecks out there from a retired Coastie.

Always had a fantastic relationship with all the Jar-ines I ever ran into. Im sure SPFC Douglas Monroe and the battle at Guadalcanal had a lot to do with the mutual respect Coasties and Marines have. That, and we both despise the Navy. ;) Marines dont forget history.

Seper Fi my brothers!

Whiskeypete 11-10-2011 08:40 AM

thanks to you today....and tomorrow thanks to all our vets. without your dedication this country would be in a world of hurt

Hendrydoso 11-10-2011 10:35 AM

4th Marine Division, Desert Storm. I got out in '96.
Sgt. Ross

kingsfan 11-10-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 39217023)
Thank you.

Former Marine Corps, I got out in 2006 after my Fourth tour to Combat. Joined in 1999 when all was peaceful. :handclap:

I loved my Time in the Marines; it made me grow up fast, and really appreciate what I have in the good ole USA.

Visiting Third world Countries is an eye opener. I wish everyone could spend at least a week in Iraq/Afgan. Then people would know How good it is to Be a Free Citizen.

Thank you for your support; and on a side note They are wanting to cut Defense spending again by 20%. I urge American Citizens to say NO. They do not CUT THE SWEET HEART PROJECTS. They cut Soldier Pay and Benefits FIRST.

Jake Parsons
Camp Pendleton.

I'm not American, but thank you anyways. I don't care what country you are from or how you serve, anyone who puts their life on the line in the name of a free world and democracy deserves praise, so thank you Mr. Parsons, and God Bless :handclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeypete (Post 39221849)
thanks to you today....and tomorrow thanks to all our vets. without your dedication this country would be in a world of hurt

An even bigger thanks tomorrow from me. As much as I applaud those who served and returned, I thank on an even larger scale those who didn't make it back. For those they left behind, the war still goes on in their hearts. I hope everyone takes time tomorrow to honor in someway war veterans world wide who didn't make it home to their loved ones.

Lest we Forget. :(:cry::pout::rose::heart:

kingsfan 11-10-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrydoso (Post 39225389)
4th Marine Division, Desert Storm. I got out in '96.

Thank you :handclap::handclap:

DeeMeck 11-10-2011 11:05 AM

No such thing as a former Marine.

DaAnimal 11-10-2011 11:32 AM

thank you all for your service and dedication

TonySCV 11-10-2011 11:48 AM

Thank you all for your service!

Ajtacker 11-10-2011 11:58 AM

Thank you for your service, I am forever indebted. RIP Corporal Cladio Patino.

Roxo 11-10-2011 12:04 PM

Active Duty Airforce. Just got done with my 5th deployment. I do Combat Airdrop on C-17's. This last deployment I Air Dropped over 800,000 lbs of fuel,water,food and ammo to various FOBs(Forward Operating Bases) In OEF.

Never met a Marine I didn't like.

CTKingsFan 11-10-2011 12:07 PM

Thank you for your service!!! Incredible bravery!

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

yankeeking 11-10-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 39226677)
No such thing as a former Marine.

Amen to that, son of a Marine and until high school I thought everyone woke up to John Phillup Sousa and the Marine Corp hymn every morning lol

kingsfan 11-10-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxo (Post 39229437)
Active Duty Airforce. Just got done with my 5th deployment. I do Combat Airdrop on C-17's. This last deployment I Air Dropped over 800,000 lbs of fuel,water,food and ammo to various FOBs(Forward Operating Bases) In OEF.

Never met a Marine I didn't like.

Thank you also. Your efforts are appreciated by more people than you think! :handclap::handclap:

GummiBaked 11-10-2011 01:31 PM

Thank you for your service and for protecting our freedoms... you're all studs.:bow:

Maynard 11-10-2011 02:04 PM

6 years in the army, no combat or deployments so I got lucky. I joined for selfish reasons so I feel lame when someone thanks me. The people that were in combat and really had/have to sacrifice deserve the respect and thanks.

Kurrilino 11-10-2011 02:32 PM

Well...... i'm not native american but went with German Army and NATO troops to Yugoslavia and Kosovo.
I hope this counts :naughty:

kingsfan 11-10-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maynard (Post 39234029)
6 years in the army, no combat or deployments so I got lucky. I joined for selfish reasons so I feel lame when someone thanks me. The people that were in combat and really had/have to sacrifice deserve the respect and thanks.

You still joined, selfish or not it's still contributing. Not trying to make you feel lame, but thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 39234991)
Well...... i'm not native american but went with German Army and NATO troops to Yugoslavia and Kosovo.
I hope this counts :naughty:

To me it does. Thanks Kurrilino!

DeeMeck 11-10-2011 02:39 PM

I see Kurri has a new avatar...

Lose a bet?

And yes it does count. KFOR and SFOR did a great job.

Defgarden 11-10-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 39217023)
Thank you.

Jake Parsons
Camp Pendleton.

Agree or disagree with the wars we are fighting, the soldiers who volunteer themselves for service deserve all of the benefits they get. Wishing everyone still abroad to get home safe to their families. Thank you for your service.

Live in the Now 11-10-2011 02:48 PM

My grandfather fought in Vietnam, but nobody from my generation of our family is in the military. Still really grateful for all your service to this country. Thanks.

Word 11-10-2011 03:47 PM

Thank you all. It means alot. Sergeant United States Marine Corps.

ScoreZeGoals 11-10-2011 03:54 PM

Seeing how members of other branches have chimed in, I will as well. I severed six years as a military policeman in the Army from 97-03. Deployments to Bosnia and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (to work at the detention facility)

A tip of the hat to all who have served and to those who continue to do so.

Edit: Perhaps the thread title could be changed to a combination Marine anniversary/Veterans Day thread?