HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Kamloops Blazers unveil new uniforms. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102661)

BCCHL inactive 09-09-2004 11:57 PM

Kamloops Blazers unveil new uniforms.

http://www.kamloopsblazers.bc.ca/sho...article_id=450

I like the blue jersey, although it is the same design as the Canucks' alternate uniform. It still has somewhat of a traditional Kamloops look.

The white jersey however... :thumbd:

Avery4Byng* 09-10-2004 01:57 AM

I love the away ones. The home ones.... Wow...... :help:

BCCHL inactive 09-10-2004 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tray
I love the away ones. The home ones.... Wow...... :help:

I didn't think it would be so quick for that ugly white jersey to get a vote. :eek:

Canadian Chris 09-10-2004 01:38 PM

I like the whites better than the darks, but that's just me. It's really quite difficult to gauge how they actually look on a computer though, as I've found that Nashville's 3rds are MUCH nicer in person as well....

we shall see though.

Emerald City Bruin 09-10-2004 03:02 PM

Apparently I'm the only one to like the White ones. And that's here, the Network 54 WHL board, the Kamloops board, everywhere. I have bad taste I guess. :)

Canadian Chris 09-10-2004 03:17 PM

pfffft....I beat you to liking the white jersey's by a solid hour and 24 mins! :p:

OHLArenaGuide 09-10-2004 10:16 PM

I can't believe they'd tinker with Kamloops... they had the coolest sweaters in the CHL BY FAR. And I'm an OHL boy!

VanIslander 09-11-2004 05:38 AM

(personally I think the Vancouver Giants have a pretty cool uniform but...)

I'm from Kamloops and a fan going back to the team's Junior Oilers days. The Blazers shouldn't tinker with the decal they wore in their three Memorial Cup championships, and one of the two new ones doesn't really, just dresses it up with a different colour scheme.

That new dark jersey is totally an old-style Oilers theme. Hopefully that's enough to deter Flames fans from coming to the building. :toothless

But that new white jersey,... :blush: ...excuse me while I go hurl my last meal.

ChubarovRocks 09-13-2004 10:42 AM

I don't like either jerseys.. The previous Blazers jerseys were one of my favorites in the WHL

X0X0A0 09-13-2004 11:37 AM

I don't like either jersey.

Peter Griffin 09-13-2004 12:20 PM

Hehe, I went to school with the guy on the right side of the picture.

Anyway, I like the Canucks' style jersey, but the white one, I dislike, especially the sleeves and the way Blazers is written.

Reign Nateo 09-21-2004 11:54 AM

Because I spend half my time in Kamloops, the Blazers are my top choice for CHL.

Just to chime in, the white jerseys are a throw back, the "BLAZERS" spelt with those letters was used on their jerseys 20 years ago. They are paying homage to those jerseys and they will only stay if they become popular.

The dark ones, they got permission from the Canucks to use. I think you will see their traditional white jersey back with updated colours next year.

misfit 09-21-2004 12:16 PM

I like the dark ones, but the white ones have to go. I agree with those who said they shouldn't have changed them in the first place. The old ones were better than both of these.

HfxMoose 09-21-2004 01:31 PM

Oh man there both brutal. :banghead:

Rooselk 09-22-2004 10:43 PM

I like 'em. Don't root for the team but the new uni's look great.

Upchuck19 09-23-2004 09:43 AM

I think the new ones are better than the old ones.

But a ugly blazer is a ugly blazer!

MikeS 09-28-2004 12:15 AM

Yikes!

Were they having trouble selling the traditional ones? I think they suck. If they wanted to have a "throwback" design, they could have used it in a third-jersey sort of way, instead of every road game......

Apples 10-15-2004 02:51 PM

After seeing them in person last week, I like the dark jersey though I don't see why they needed it. The white one is ugly, but for a one year thing and since it does pay homage to the past, OK. But bring back the old ones next year.

Behind Enemy Lines 10-17-2004 06:04 PM

question - were these new uniforms designed by the highschool kids shown modelling them on the Blazer website? I hope so because they are very, very bad designs. :joker:

The white uniform is among the worst I've ever seen.

BCCHL inactive 10-17-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
question - were these new uniforms designed by the highschool kids shown modelling them on the Blazer website?

Those were players modelling the jerseys.

The team got permission from the Vancouver Canucks to use their third jersey design for the new dark.

Mr.Hat 10-17-2004 07:44 PM

I digz the colored jerseys, but those white ones are kinda blahish. They're missing something.....the sideways looking text is plain.

Behind Enemy Lines 10-18-2004 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van
Those were players modelling the jerseys.

The team got permission from the Vancouver Canucks to use their third jersey design for the new dark.

I figured this was the case. Rhetorical question. I was just ragging on the bad design. Kamloops has such a strong junior tradition and these uni's (most notably the white) simply doesn't do justice to this fact.

Hans Moleman 10-18-2004 11:47 PM

I dig the colours and the gradient on the new dark uni, the darker colours are sharper and the uniform looks modern. I still don't like the little "Kamloops" in the big B though. If the white one is supposed to commemorate the team's past then it makes me glad to be present in the future. Put some colour on those sleaves and don't make the lettering on the "BLAZERS" so fancy, keep it simple.

Russian_fanatic 10-19-2004 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van
http://www.kamloopsblazers.bc.ca/sho...article_id=450

I like the blue jersey, although it is the same design as the Canucks' alternate uniform. It still has somewhat of a traditional Kamloops look.

The white jersey however... :thumbd:

:shakehead :banghead:

Emerald City Bruin 10-19-2004 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
I figured this was the case. Rhetorical question. I was just ragging on the bad design. Kamloops has such a strong junior tradition and these uni's (most notably the white) simply doesn't do justice to this fact.

The whole point of the white one was to pay honor to that tradition. It's influenced by the original Blazers jersey.