HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Where the hell is Glen? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=102717)

MePutPuckInNet 09-10-2004 11:16 AM

Where the hell is Glen?

I hate to sound like TSK ;) , but the coverage here at HF for the Minnesota Wild really sucks. You can't tell me that there's NOTHING going on. I don't believe it. I know the writers don't get paid....but can't we vote him out and get a new one? What's Guy Flaming doing?

geez....it's so aggravating....give me some Wild news....SOMETHING...anything....

thestonedkoala 09-10-2004 01:47 PM

Guy is probably working on a couple other teams...

*smacks Me with a tuna* DAMN IT! *sighs* I was right Sabre!

Guy Flaming 09-10-2004 02:52 PM

Sorry guys I'm tied up already. Listen I know for a fact that Glen has been working hard, he's part of the Organization rankings committee, we've been working for the past few weeks on that. He's also splitting time between the Wild and the 'Canes, which as fans of Minnie you have no sympathy for but that's probably part of the reason.

Thanks for thinking of me though ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I'll be able to talk to some of your prospects when the Aeroes come to Edmonton this season.

ceber 09-10-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
I hate to sound like TSK ;) , but the coverage here at HF for the Minnesota Wild really sucks. You can't tell me that there's NOTHING going on. I don't believe it. I know the writers don't get paid....but can't we vote him out and get a new one? What's Guy Flaming doing?

geez....it's so aggravating....give me some Wild news....SOMETHING...anything....

It's a bummer, to be sure. One thing I've heard is that the team isn't all that receptive to "website reporters" and fan sites and such. Maybe that's not true, I dunno. They sure as heck aren't saying much though... fits right in with the rest of NHL hockey coverage in the Twin Cities. :(

glenjackson 09-25-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet

Well, you'll never get Wild "news" on HF really, that's not really the focus, and ceber does a great job of posting news here in the forums.

Where I've been though is not near a computer for most of August and the first half of September, and as ceber said the Wild/NHL don't recognize web sites yet for access, though some teams have made exceptions (Atlanta and Edmonton would lead the list and Holly and Guy provide quality coverage of those teams with that access). I'll just have to keep on working on them :)

Anyhow, what I'm working on next for the page is an AHL write up for the Aeros and, yes, until there are enough writers to cover every team I am splitting time between Carolina and Minnesota, however I always give the team I started with here first priority (Minny draft articles were always done before the Hurricanes ones).

Hope everyone had a good summer and that you'll be able to catch some AHL, college, or minor hockey this year to feed that hockey vice! Personally, I subscribed to the NHL Network and ESPN Classic Canada to see vintage hockey games in their entirety and plan to see a lot of OHL action.