HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT: (Chernobly Edition) 11-11-2011. Copatols at Dovals. Prudential Center. 7pm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1027171)

Drake1588 11-11-2011 10:48 AM

(Chernobly Edition) 11-11-2011. Copatols at Dovals. Prudential Center. 7pm

Game 14.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9349/copatols.jpg at http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3677/dovals.jpg

You want a better thread? Wake up earlier, go to work, stop playing Skyrim.

----
Stephen Whyno | #Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk ruled out of both games vs. #Caps with "lingering" injury: Link
----

New Jersey Devils

Zach Parise - Adam Henrique - Nick Palmieri
Petr Sykora - Patrik Elias - Dainius Zubrus
Mattias Tedenby - Ryan Carter - David Clarkson
Vladimir Zharkov - Brad Mills - Cam Janssen

Andy Greene - Adam Larsson
Henrik Tallinder - Mark Fayne
Bryce Salvador - Anton Volchenkov

Martin Brodeur (starter)
Johan Hedberg

Washington Capitals (per Whyno, 1pm)

Alex Ovechkin - Marcus Johansson - Troy Brouwer (confirmed)
Brooks Laich - Nicklas Backstrom - Alexander Semin (confirmed)
Jason Chimera - Jeff Halpern - Joel Ward (speculation)
Matt Hendricks - Cody Eakin - Mike Knuble (speculation)

Speculation only: Pairings uncertain, but Mike Green expected to play. Everyone healthy.
Roman Hamrlik - Mike Green
Karl Alzner - John Carlson
Jeff Schultz - Dennis Wideman
John Erskine

Tomas Vokoun (starter)
Michal Neuvirth

Vladimir Zharkov recalled to skate in Kovalchuk's stead.

So to sum up, the Copatols have two MIA Russians, The Dovals have one Russian on IR, one Russian tweener.

Clearly, still needs more Chernobly goddamnit.

http://appetiteforpool.files.wordpre...chernobly3.png

Drake1588 11-11-2011 10:52 AM

Brian McNally | Mike Green a game time decision, Bruce Boudreau says. #caps

Marshall 11-11-2011 11:14 AM

MS Paint's back...

'We're gonna win!'

Drake1588 11-11-2011 11:21 AM

Gettin' desperate.

Why am I at work, alone, and not playing Skyrim right now? There are no answers.

Harvey Specter 11-11-2011 11:22 AM

vokoun closes that grand canyon five hole and the caps win.

Drake1588 11-11-2011 11:47 AM

Stephen Whyno | #Caps expected to have Mike Green back tonight at Devils: Link

BrooklynCapsFan 11-11-2011 12:06 PM

Let's see what fruit the bag skate will bear.

Over under on Mike Green's next consecutive game streak: 15.

Drake1588 11-11-2011 12:17 PM

New lines, per Whyno, added to OP. Johansson and Backstrom swap spots, Laich to second-line LW.

With Green dressing, the defense pairings are anyone's guess. All seven vets are healthy.

bishop12 11-11-2011 12:37 PM

why would he split up Backy and Ovy? Because of one loss? Yawn.

Drake1588 11-11-2011 12:40 PM

Whyno is totally winging it this afternoon, in the absence of any hint from Boudreau:

Mike Green should play vs. Devils. Now what?
First, the lineup: Jeff Schultz and John Erskine seem to be the leading candidates to be the healthy scratch. Coach Bruce Boudreau wasn't showing his hand....

If Karl Alzner and John Carlson are reunited, Wideman would skate with Erskine or Schultz, with Green going back to skating with Roman Hamrlik. Hamrlik said it wouldn't be that hard to go from playing with Carlson or Wideman back to Green.

Langway 11-11-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap (Post 39286107)

Trying to get Semin going at 5-on-5 and force Ovechkin create more on his own I guess.

FWIW, I think Eakin practiced centering the third line yesterday. Laich has been much better at 3C than 2LW but maybe Backstrom can help the second line put it all together.

Whyno's speculation seems to be based on recent practice configurations. It seems logical enough, though Hamrlik at least merits scratch consideration based on recent play. Have to think they're hoping 52 coming back makes a difference.

Edit: Yeah, I meant the Green/D stuff.

Drake1588 11-11-2011 12:52 PM

Keep in mind, he has not even speculated, where the bottom six is concerned. Could be anything.

On the pairings, that is also what I would have predicted. You want Carlson and Alzner together, if you have the luxury. With Green, he and Hamrlik played solid minutes before his injury. Then there is the last three vying for two spots on the third pairing.

BrooklynCapsFan 11-11-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap (Post 39286107)

Because it ain't working and hasn't been for over a year.

Drake1588 11-11-2011 01:08 PM

Pre-Caps with Vogel and Walton is live. Pretty sweet, actually. Suck it, Tall Goalie!

Chimaera 11-11-2011 01:15 PM

Yeah, Walton almost makes Vogel tolerable!

Harvey Specter 11-11-2011 01:16 PM

laich/19/semin > ovi/mojo/brow

im not opposed to some shuffling, and since backstroms elite play isnt rubbing off on ovi (dont give me numbers), im all for that move, but i hate messing with that 3rd line. its basically the 1st line and has been by far the most consistent performing line. and its clearly by far the best defensively. halpern against a top line? ugh.

BamaCapsFan 11-11-2011 01:27 PM

Dovahkiin Dovahkiin

IafrateOvie34 11-11-2011 01:30 PM

I don't like messing with the 3rd line.

bishop12 11-11-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan (Post 39286759)
Because it ain't working and hasn't been for over a year.

what hasn't been working? ovy and backy are a greaet line..that's called not working? get real.

washington is having a good season and he just ****s aroudn with the lines for ***** and giggs.

Liberati0n* 11-11-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap (Post 39288423)
what hasn't been working? ovy and backy are a greaet line..that's called not working? get real.

washington is having a good season and he just ****s aroudn with the lines for ***** and giggs.

:huh:

BrooklynCapsFan 11-11-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Ovechkin was 50% off his career goalscoring last season. He's 45% off that pace this season. At what level of production, would you consider the tandem to not be working? 30%, 20%? 5%?

And I'm not just harping on goals. He is playing the worst defense of his career right now.

Harvey Specter 11-11-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

backstrom is playing elite hockey (carrying the line) and yet ovi isnt playing that well. semins playing hard but not scoring, quite possibly because mojo and [random 2LW changing every game] cant create at an elite level. backstrom can, so why not see if nicky can bring the best out of semin at both ends? ovi cant get MUCH worse (by his standard), so losing 19 for mojo is less of a big deal.

my only problem with the arrangement of those 2 lines is that i bet 1) the "2nd" line wont get enough ice time (i.e. more than ovi), and 2) BB probably isnt patient enough to see how it goes. will it last the game? 50/50.

Hivemind 11-11-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Or he's trying to spread out the scoring and get the second line (and Semin) going. But you seem plenty happy whining. Let me guess, got Ovie or Nicky on your fantasy team?

Bunindza 11-11-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan (Post 39288645)
Ovechkin was 50% off his career goalscoring last season. He's 45% off that pace this season. At what level of production, would you consider the tandem to not be working? 30%, 20%? 5%?

And I'm not just harping on goals. He is playing the worst defense of his career right now.

I really find it unrealistic to assume that Ovechkin was going to average 50 goals for the entirety of his career.

BrooklynCapsFan 11-11-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunindza (Post 39289217)
I really find it unrealistic to assume that Ovechkin was going to average 50 goals for the entirety of his career.

I feel like that was a universal sentiment actually. It was certainly the prevailing belief that he'd be doing so in his mid 20s.