HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   When is Pittsburgh going to lose a game so we can be in 1st place? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1027605)

MessierRangers94 11-11-2011 10:06 PM

When is Pittsburgh going to lose a game so we can be in 1st place?

Can't Pittsburgh lose a game or 2 in a row so we can be in 1st place for once? I am so SICK of them already every year. And they don't even have wonder boy in the lineup, right?

I can't remember the last time the Rangers were in first place past the first week of the season. Was it back in 94? LOSE A FREAKIN GAME ALREADY PITTSBURGH.

KingWantsCup 11-11-2011 11:14 PM

I feels ya brah.

gotmonte 11-11-2011 11:37 PM

Riiight lets just keep asking why the good teams keep winning and then get mad that team continues to win each year. LOL

Maybe if we continue on the success we have had, we will eventually be in first place. But dont put the cart before the horse and dont get mad at your opposition either :shakehead

I Am Chariot 11-11-2011 11:41 PM

Gotta beat the best to be the best...... All in good time.

BrooklynRangersFan 11-11-2011 11:41 PM

You know what they say - you want something done right....

SupersonicMonkey* 11-11-2011 11:47 PM

Rangers were a first place team majority of the 05-06 season.

They let it slip away at the end.

bettercallstaal 11-12-2011 12:38 AM

Don't worry about other teams in November... Just keep winning games.

NYRSchrute217 11-12-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessierRangers94 (Post 39307225)
Can't Pittsburgh lose a game or 2 in a row so we can be in 1st place for once? I am so SICK of them already every year. And they don't even have wonder boy in the lineup, right?

I can't remember the last time the Rangers were in first place past the first week of the season. Was it back in 94? LOSE A FREAKIN GAME ALREADY PITTSBURGH.

Lest we forget 05-06.

Beacon 11-12-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessierRangers94 (Post 39307225)

They were the top team in the NHL for a while in 1995-96. They were unbeated the whole month of January 1996 and at the end of it, they were at the top of the NHL.

On February 1, they played Colorado. Even going into the game, everyone was saying that they were very tired after a huge effort the whole month of January. They really tried to go unbeaten that month and as the calendar hit February, their exhaust finally overcame their effort.

I remember wanting Colin Campbell, then our coach, to bench a few stars to give them rest, figuring they will lose anyway. Obviously that didn't happen. The game finished 7-1. Richter was pulled and it became the only NHL game in which Jamie Ram every played in.

It was also the last time the Rangers were at the top of the NHL in points.

At the end of the 2/1/96 game, everyone hoped that this clunker of a game will allow the Rangers to get all the bad stuff out of their system and they would return the following night as a good team. That didn't happen.

The rest of February went bad and then Neil Smith traded Norstrom, Ray Ferraro and Laperriere for the aging Kurri as well as McSorley and Churla, both injured. That sealed our fate for the rest of the intra-lockout era.

In 1997, we got lucky and came back from losing the first two home games against Montreal, but that Cinderella run was nothing more than the final breath of a dying man.

Beacon 11-12-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 (Post 39312489)

I read somewhere that this is a bad team.

Swedish Fish 11-12-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 (Post 39312489)

That is all that needs to be said

Giglio NYR15 11-12-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 39310715)
Rangers were a first place team majority of the 05-06 season.

They let it slip away at the end.

Omg dont remind me....I honestly thought we had it wrapped up..those games vs the devs at the end. Terrible.

New York RKY 11-12-2011 02:32 AM

You do realize that it is November right.

What exactly will first place get us if we hold if for 1 day. Get first place when it actually matters, don't worry about it now--just worry about sticking near the top and continuing to win games and get points.

Just like the people in the GDT that are scoreboard watching already. Seriously? Are you kidding me? Last time I checked seasons playoff seeds aren't clinched in November. Don't worry the Ranger's magic point total to clinch first overall is 85 points--we're almost there!

Just relax and don't worry about taking first right now--it's meaningless. Just ask Dallas and Toronto. Get it win it matters and worry about points now.

Kane One 11-12-2011 02:52 AM

Well apparently scoreboard watching didn't matter in the beginning of 2009-10 right? I want teams in our division to lose just as much in November than I do in April (well unless a team in our division needs to beat another team to help us make the playoffs).

mrjimmyg89 11-12-2011 02:56 AM

Win the division, that's the goal. Whether it is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall. We get there by winning, not by watching other teams lose. If this team performs as is, the standings will take care of themselves. If this team plays this solid going into the playoffs, we've got as good of a shot as anyone.

Krampus 11-12-2011 06:09 AM

I'm more annoyed at the fact that we're 4th, even though we're 2nd

ogie 11-12-2011 07:21 AM

Pittsburgh will lose a game ....when we play them!!!

jacko23 11-12-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerEsq (Post 39312697)
They were the top team in the NHL for a while in 1995-96. They were unbeated the whole month of January 1996 and at the end of it, they were at the top of the NHL.

On February 1, they played Colorado. Even going into the game, everyone was saying that they were very tired after a huge effort the whole month of January. They really tried to go unbeaten that month and as the calendar hit February, their exhaust finally overcame their effort.

I remember wanting Colin Campbell, then our coach, to bench a few stars to give them rest, figuring they will lose anyway. Obviously that didn't happen. The game finished 7-1. Richter was pulled and it became the only NHL game in which Jamie Ram every played in.

It was also the last time the Rangers were at the top of the NHL in points.

At the end of the 2/1/96 game, everyone hoped that this clunker of a game will allow the Rangers to get all the bad stuff out of their system and they would return the following night as a good team. That didn't happen.

The rest of February went bad and then Neil Smith traded Norstrom, Ray Ferraro and Laperriere for the aging Kurri as well as McSorley and Churla, both injured. That sealed our fate for the rest of the intra-lockout era.

In 1997, we got lucky and came back from losing the first two home games against Montreal, but that Cinderella run was nothing more than the final breath of a dying man.

did you just say that?! haha!

in the end, everyone plays 82 games.

nyr2k2 11-12-2011 08:20 AM

Hey guys, friendly reminder that no one cares if you think a thread is dumb. Further posts in that vein will be considered spam and treated as such.

fiedy88 11-12-2011 08:43 AM

We can start to change everything on November 29th.

js10 11-12-2011 09:09 AM

I hope we finally win over Pens on my Bday!! :handclap:(watching Crosby scora a hat-trick and my team losing is not really celebrating worthy :cry:)

TomLaidlaw 11-12-2011 09:19 AM

Impressive what they are doing without Crosby. Also impressive what we are doing without Staal.

Radek27 11-12-2011 07:56 PM

Way too early to think about this. Just as long as we take care of business when we play them that kind of things takes care of itself.

asphyXy 11-12-2011 08:30 PM

I went to the Rangers/Isles game a few weeks ago, and I sat next to a fool who felt it was necessary to chant "last - place - Ran - gers!" Third game of the year for us. Let's not sound like Islanders fans, guys. Let's wait until at least New Years before we concern ourselves with standings positions like this.

Affinity 11-12-2011 09:27 PM

No help from Carolina tonight. Blew a 3-0 lead in the third!

EDIT: Yay, I jinxed it and Carolina beat them in regulation!