HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Waived: Niklas Hagman ::Claimed by Ducks:: (re-entry) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1028631)

bacardimayne 11-13-2011 03:09 AM

Niklas Hagman ::Claimed by Ducks:: (re-entry)
 
We can pick this guy up for 1.5 mil. Anyone else think it's a good idea? He'd be a good addition to our struggling 3rd line, and Paajarvi can get some much needed conditioning time in OKC.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hagman - Belanger - Gagner
Jones - Lander - Petrell
Eager

dmacin2* 11-13-2011 03:29 AM

I'm guessing by the time of night it is that you are hammered. Tomorrow when you wake up you will realize that this is incredibly stupid.

McClelland 11-13-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOil92 (Post 39365585)
We can pick this guy up for 1.5 mil. Anyone else think it's a good idea? He'd be a good addition to our struggling 3rd line, and Paajarvi can get some much needed conditioning time in OKC.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hagman - Belanger - Gagner
Jones - Lander - Petrell
Eager

Bad idea! we dont need a rental for 60 games , we dont going anywhere this season.
Better to give our prospect from okc some call ups.

Horseradish 11-13-2011 03:31 AM



...cuz I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us are thinking just that...

dmacin2* 11-13-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McClelland (Post 39365739)
Bad idea! we dont need a rental for 60 games , we dont going anywhere this season.
Better to give our prospect from okc some call ups.

Also, he is terrible. He plays less than mediocre for most of the time and the Oilers have no room for him.

bacardimayne 11-13-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy 27 (Post 39365757)
Also, he is terrible. He plays less than mediocre for most of the time and the Oilers have no room for him.

Our 3rd line sucks. He's a 3rd line player capable of scoring 20 goals. Paajarvi has one point in 14 games. We have room.

jumptheshark 11-13-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOil92 (Post 39365585)
We can pick this guy up for 1.5 mil. Anyone else think it's a good idea? He'd be a good addition to our struggling 3rd line, and Paajarvi can get some much needed conditioning time in OKC.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hagman - Belanger - Gagner
Jones - Lander - Petrell
Eager


lay off the booze when posting on HF would be my suggestion

don't need a 32 year player who can not make the leafs or flames.

He is a very bad player! The way I look at it it would harm the development of other players

also--we are bumping the 50 contract cap so for that reason alone I say no

Latex* 11-13-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 39366237)
lay off the booze when posting on HF would be my suggestion

don't need a 32 year player who can not make the leafs or flames.

He is a very bad player! The way I look at it it would harm the development of other players

also--we are bumping the 50 contract cap so for that reason alone I say no

Actually, he was good for the Leafs. Just didn't find his scoring touch with the flames.

And no, I don't want him here.

DrinkTheOilaid* 11-13-2011 06:40 AM

So we pick up Haggman.

Omark goes home.

I would rather have Omark or what we would get in a trade if we are not going to use him.

Baggers 11-13-2011 09:47 AM

Sadly, I thought this might be the year when every time another team waives a crap player, we don't automatically rush to create a thread about whether the Oilers should pick him up or not.

Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

Usual_Suspect 11-13-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOil92 (Post 39365585)
We can pick this guy up for 1.5 mil. Anyone else think it's a good idea? He'd be a good addition to our struggling 3rd line, and Paajarvi can get some much needed conditioning time in OKC.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hagman - Belanger - Gagner
Jones - Lander - Petrell
Eager

Calgary thinks it's a good idea to pay him $1.5M to play for anyone other than their team.

The Human Torch 11-13-2011 10:27 AM

Claiming a player like Hagman while Omark wastes away on the farm would be the height of stupidity.

Lottery Oilers* 11-13-2011 10:27 AM

Hagman has scored 85 goals the past 4 years.

Horcoff has 60 in the span
Gagner has 59 in that span
Belanger has 54 in that span

If Hagman is trash what does it say about Horcoff and Gagner?

MPS needs to go to the AHL to find his game but apparently HFOil would rather attack the OP calling him drunk then think about replacing MPS with a veteran. Much better to let him lose every shred of confidence that he has remaining.

jumptheshark 11-13-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut (Post 39366507)
Actually, he was good for the Leafs. Just didn't find his scoring touch with the flames.

And no, I don't want him here.

there were about 6 guys on the leafs for those two years who looked good there

Stajan, Blake, Moore, Alexei Ponikarovsky and a few others who then sucked big time right afterwards

ManByng 11-13-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bangers (Post 39368923)
Sadly, I thought this might be the year when every time another team waives a crap player, we don't automatically rush to create a thread about whether the Oilers should pick him up or not.

Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

i hear ya! maybe next time. :shakehead

Mr Forever 11-13-2011 10:48 AM

Why would we grab this guy, just to steal a spot from one of our young guys.

Dumb move

DisgruntledGoat 11-13-2011 10:59 AM

How bad was that Phaneuf trade!

Usual_Suspect 11-13-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reynard (Post 39370811)
How bad was that Phaneuf trade!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp17213

"This trade is regarded both in Toronto and in Calgary as an absolute fleecing"

Quote:

Toronto is not the only place where people feel that way. According to
esteemed colleague Steve MacFarlane of the Calgary Sun, the Phaneuf
deal generally is now considered to be the second-worst trade in
Flames history, trailing only the Jan. 2, 1992 doozy in which Doug
Gilmour, Jamie Macoun, Ric Nattress, Kent Manderville and goaltender
Rick Wamsley were shipped to the Leafs for Gary Leeman, Alexander
Godynyuk, Jeff Reese, Michel Petit and Craig Berube.

DisgruntledGoat 11-13-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect (Post 39371031)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp17213

"This trade is regarded both in Toronto and in Calgary as an absolute fleecing"

I agree 100% and I think Phaneuf sucks...

Koto 11-13-2011 11:59 AM

no.

hell no.

LeafsFanatic 11-13-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy 27 (Post 39365735)
I'm guessing by the time of night it is that you are hammered. Tomorrow when you wake up you will realize that this is incredibly stupid.

HAHAHAHAHA!

awesomo 11-13-2011 12:30 PM

didnt they sit stajan yesterday?

in other words, no piece of the phaneuf trade was there lool

OneMoreAstronaut 11-13-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOil92 (Post 39365943)
Our 3rd line sucks. He's a 3rd line player capable of scoring 20 goals. Paajarvi has one point in 14 games. We have room.

I believe you mean to say, he's a 3rd line player capable of scoring 20 goals when on the 1st line. As he did in Toronto.

He will not score 20 goals playing on the 3rd line, and he will not be playing on the 1st line.

Latex* 11-13-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 39369985)
there were about 6 guys on the leafs for those two years who looked good there

Stajan, Blake, Moore, Alexei Ponikarovsky and a few others who then sucked big time right afterwards

He scored 27 with the stars the year before he joined the leafs.

The Nuge 11-13-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsFanatic (Post 39372685)
HAHAHAHAHA!

You created an account to post "HAHAHAHAHA!"?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.