HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Saint Mikael Granlund hypetrain part 2 (saucer passes turning to wine!) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1028785)

Jussi 11-13-2011 11:41 AM

The Saint Mikael Granlund hypetrain part 2 (saucer passes turning to wine!)

Continue...

d from:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=696015

Stanleyjub 11-13-2011 11:45 AM

Please edit a poll "Which record by Gretzky is Granlund going to break most likely" thank you.

Jussi 11-13-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleyjub (Post 39372211)
Please edit a poll "Which record by Gretzky is Granlund going to break most likely" thank you.

I was thinking more like "Will Granlund ascend to heaven before or after Easter?"

thomast 11-13-2011 11:51 AM

Granlund tied at first in points at Karjala tournament 5 pts in 3 games. others who had 5 pts are Radulov and J. Immonen. It's clear to say that he was best prospect of that tournament. I liked Järnkrok, Vatanen, Petrov and Kuznetsov. Disappointed with Tarasenko. Gustafsson the wild prospect goalie impressed me aswell.

Jolli 11-13-2011 11:51 AM

Granlund 0+2, both were primary assists

Loffer 11-13-2011 12:00 PM

So, Granlund looked pretty fresh and even shifty tonight. Created a couple of scoring chances and got two assists on PP. One shot hit the crossbar. Nice game. Too bad they lost it. Well, it was meaningless match.

Now Granlund should keep up this outlook and still continue developing the rest of the season and it looks good.

Edit: And Granlund once again top3 in scoring. It's no surprise but it makes me wonder how many points he will put up as a rookie. And yes, Vatanen was impressive.

Rimbe 11-13-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 39372671)
So, Granlund looked pretty fresh and even shifty tonight. Created a couple of scoring chances and got two assists on PP. One shot hit the crossbar. Nice game. Too bad they lost it. Well, it was meaningless match.

Now Granlund should keep up this outlook and still continue developing the rest of the season and it looks good.

I don't know about his overall game but his saucer passes will keep fluttering :sarcasm:

Loffer 11-13-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimbe (Post 39373203)
I don't know about his overall game but his saucer passes will keep fluttering :sarcasm:

Yes, they will. But it is insignificant. I think there are only a handful of players who deliver flawless saucer passes. Most of the saucer passes of elite pro players are just fluttering ****.

thomast 11-13-2011 03:31 PM

Pretty nice pass on 1-0.

Tournament all-star:

Granlund-Immonen-Radulov
Vatanen-Nikulin
Barulin

Loffer 11-13-2011 03:49 PM

Granlund is a passing wizard. That's old news. BUT I must say Granlund looked almost fast today in a couple of occasions. "Speedy Michael Granlund"!

Bryanbryoil 11-13-2011 04:14 PM

Is he eligible for the WJC's this year or is he a year too old?

Dr Jan Itor 11-13-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 39383041)
Is he eligible for the WJC's this year or is he a year too old?

Eligible.

Surly Furious 11-13-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 39385199)
Eligible indeed but why should he participate? I know he will but why? He plays in the national team already and will be in a key role in the WC 2012. That should be enough for him. But no. He wants to play in WJC too. He should prioritize.

To win it for Suomi. Did you see the madness after they won the World Championships last season? For a country of 5 million, those honors mean a lot. But, aren't you Finnish? Why should i be explaining that to you? :)

Temego 11-13-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 39385809)
To win it for Suomi. Did you see the madness after they won the World Championships last season? For a country of 5 million, those honors mean a lot. But, aren't you Finnish? Why should i be explaining that to you? :)

And WJC is actually considered a bigger/more important event than the WC's, atleast in North America. That's not the case in Finland, tho

Loffer 11-13-2011 05:33 PM

Bookman, you are a Finn? Great. In that case you know that WJC is nothing compared to WC (well, WC...!) in Finland unlike in NA where it is just the opposite. People wouldn't celebrate spontaneously if Finland happened to win U20 championship. Plus it's very unlikely to happen. One (or two) Granlund won't change that. It will be very hard to get any medal there harder than win something in WC next spring.
I think he will only jeopardize his season by playing there and risking injury. He should say thanks, but no thanks. It's for children! It is interesting though to see him in WJC, I don't deny that. But Finland wins NADA there.

Bryanbryoil 11-13-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor (Post 39383475)
Eligible.

So he should be rather dominant then to say the least. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Loffer 11-13-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 39386611)
So he should be rather dominant then to say the least. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Maybe against smaller countries but not against Canada or USA. Don't expect miracles. He isn't the only prospect there...

urho 11-13-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 39386611)

He really should. Hell, he's looking dominant against all pro adult national teams. Of course much has to do with team chemistry blablabla but Finland actually has decent lineup if you look at the forwards. If the defense can perform a bit above their average level Finland could be a top 3-team in this years tournament.

Surly Furious 11-13-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 39386513)
Bookman, you are a Finn? Great. In that case you know that WJC is nothing compared to WC (well, WC...!) in Finland unlike in NA where it is just the opposite. People wouldn't celebrate spontaneously if Finland happened to win U20 championship. Plus it's very unlikely to happen. One (or two) Granlund won't change that. It will be very hard to get any medal there harder than win something in WC next spring.
I think he will only jeopardize his season by playing there and risking injury. He should say thanks, but no thanks. It's for children! It is interesting though to see him in WJC, I don't deny that. But Finland wins NADA there.

Well all right then.

chasespace 11-14-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 39387019)
Maybe against smaller countries but not against Canada or USA. Don't expect miracles. He isn't the only prospect there...

He's playing at over a point-per-game pace in a men's league as a 19 year old. I'd say he should be able to dominate against Canada and USA as well.

Loffer 11-14-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasespace (Post 39407289)
He's playing at over a point-per-game pace in a men's league as a 19 year old. I'd say he should be able to dominate against Canada and USA as well.

Dominate? Hardly. Play well? Likely. I don't understand these overblown expectations.

Dr Jan Itor 11-14-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 39409901)
Dominate? Hardly. Play well? Likely. I don't understand these overblown expectations.

Optimism. Not always a bad thing.

Habsfan18 11-14-2011 10:16 AM

Guys, enough about the way he talks. Let's keep it about his play on the ice.

Dr Jan Itor 11-14-2011 10:25 AM

How's his communication on the ice? Is he a vocal player?

YARR123 11-14-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 39409901)

He already dominated at times during the EHT games, so he should be able to do the same in the WJC.