HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Proposal: Bobby Ryan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1030119)

Gliff 11-15-2011 12:22 AM

Bobby Ryan

I posted this in the Bobby Ryan trade thread and wanted to know what you guys think about it. Please no flaming :laugh: I understand if you dont like it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 39446573)
Couturier+Voracek+Simmonds

Ryan+1st+(pick/prospect/young roster player)

The Carter trade was:

Couturier+Voracek+3rd

Assumin Carter and Ryan have relatively close value, This is basically Simmonds for 1st + 3rd

:dunno:

Philly gets their boy and Ducks basically become a way deeper team overnight.

In the end this would turn into:

Richards+Carter for

Schenn+Ryan+1st+2nd+3rd+(pick/prospect/young roster player))

nuclear reactor 11-15-2011 12:30 AM

Really bad. I wouldn't deal Voracek and Simmonds for Ryan at the moment.

Clancy 11-15-2011 12:34 AM

Too much goings on.

Hartnell + Schenn

or

JVR + Simmonds

Ryan is pretty much what we want JVR to turn into.
Might be a little too much in their favor though.

WeekendAtBernies 11-15-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 39446807)
I posted this in the Bobby Ryan trade thread and wanted to know what you guys think about it. Please no flaming :laugh: I understand if you dont like it :)

Gigantic no from the Flyers... unless by "pick/prospect/young roster player", you mean "Cam Fowler". :nod:

The trade for Carter was made by Columbus under the assumption that the 8th overall pick wouldn't be a #1 talent like Couturier (he was ranked 1st overall by scouting services prior to the season leading up to the draft).

Also, Voracek was seen as a struggling winger and it wasn't clear whether he would ever pull it together and live up to his full potential.

Since acquiring the 8th overall pick and Voracek, both have appreciated considerably in value. If you offered Columbus a trade back, they'd take it in a heartbeat.

That being said, no we will not make this trade for Bobby Ryan. The trade massively favors Anaheim.... not to mention I wonder just how much Bobby Ryan's point totals have been inflated by playing w/ Getzlaf and Perry for the majority of the year...

Gliff 11-15-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BClanc159 (Post 39447127)
Too much goings on.

Hartnell + Schenn

or

JVR + Simmonds

Ryan is pretty much what we want JVR to turn into.
Might be a little too much in their favor though.

Do you atleast think the value is there?

RJ8812 11-15-2011 12:51 AM

you want to trade 3 roster players for 1?

there goes our depth

Gliff 11-15-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlansd (Post 39447183)
Gigantic no from the Flyers... unless by "pick/prospect/young roster player", you mean "Cam Fowler". :nod:

The trade for Carter was made by Columbus under the assumption that the 8th overall pick wouldn't be a #1 talent like Couturier (he was ranked 1st overall by scouting services prior to the season leading up to the draft).

Also, Voracek was seen as a struggling winger and it wasn't clear whether he would ever pull it together and live up to his full potential.

Since acquiring the 8th overall pick and Voracek, both have appreciated considerably in value. If you offered Columbus a trade back, they'd take it in a heartbeat.

That being said, no we will not make this trade for Bobby Ryan. The trade massively favors Anaheim.... not to mention I wonder just how much Bobby Ryan's point totals have been inflated by playing w/ Getzlaf and Perry for the majority of the year...

Could you think of a package that would work?

As a Ducks fan I want Couturier and Vor.

OriginJM 11-15-2011 01:08 AM

I'd do Voracek + 1st + 3rd.

That's about it.

achdumeingute 11-15-2011 01:10 AM

As the earlier poster said, start with Cam Fowler.

In case you haven't seen, we lead the league in goals scored. Another scorer is not helping us.

What we don't have is any remotely #1 defense prospects.

WeekendAtBernies 11-15-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 39447655)
Could you think of a package that would work?

As a Ducks fan I want Couturier and Vor.

As a Flyers fan, I want Cam Fowler. The Flyers will not be trading 2 great young players and sacrificing their depth at forward for what *might* be a slight upgrade in bobby ryan.

If you want couturier or voracek alone... Its going to hurt... Together? It would take a top 10 defenseman under the age of 25

Gliff 11-15-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achdumeingute (Post 39448047)
As the earlier poster said, start with Cam Fowler.

In case you haven't seen, we lead the league in goals scored. Another scorer is not helping us.

What we don't have is any remotely #1 defense prospects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlansd (Post 39448073)
As a Flyers fan, I want Cam Fowler. The Flyers will not be trading 2 great young players and sacrificing their depth at forward for what *might* be a slight upgrade in bobby ryan.

If you want couturier or voracek alone... Its going to hurt... Together? It would take a top 10 defenseman under the age of 25

Ok I understand. Thanks for the time :D

Fowler is honestly the 1 untouchable left on the Ducks. More then Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan.

Even while we have been sucking he has been amazing.

WeekendAtBernies 11-15-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 39448235)
Ok I understand. Thanks for the time :D

Fowler is honestly the 1 untouchable left on the Ducks. More then Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan.

Even while we have been sucking he
has been amazing.

And Couturier is the forward version of Fowler... Sticking w/ the team @ 18, playing a critical role, and putting up points & a high +/-, despite playing w/ the 4th line most nights and despite not getting the minutes he deserves.

If you want two potential 1st liners from the flyers, it would take your one untouchable (since couturier is also untouchable imo).

There's nothing else on your team that I'd take...

Kaktus* 11-15-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclear reactor (Post 39447017)
Really bad. I wouldn't deal Voracek and Simmonds for Ryan at the moment.

I would. 24 year old power not overpaid forward that can score 30 goals at will?

RJ8812 11-15-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitroglycerin (Post 39451495)
I would. 24 year old power not overpaid forward that can score 30 goals at will?

Bobby Ryan is not a power forward

Kaktus* 11-15-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 39453901)

He will not throw 200 checks but he will throw 150, he will crash the net and stay in the crease. So yes, he is a power forward.

Prongo 11-15-2011 10:49 AM

I would love to have Bobby Ryan on the Flyers. Jvr +2nd and 4th?? I don't know what it would take to get him over here though.

Gliff 11-15-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 39454449)
I would love to have Bobby Ryan on the Flyers. Jvr +2nd and 4th?? I don't know what it would take to get him over here though.

A young center who could produce NOW. Giroux or couturier.

We dont need wingers. If it was JVR then it would be a package that included a center.

Beef Invictus 11-15-2011 01:40 PM

Giroux definitely isn't an option.

Gliff 11-15-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 39453901)

He is probably one of the best hitters on the team.

Beauchemin
Sbisa
Getzlaf
Ryan

Probably in that order.

He def has the net presence for a powerforward.

Gliff 11-15-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 39460173)
Giroux definitely isn't an option.

Which is why I didnt ask:laugh:

He asked what we needed and I as just telling him. A center of their calibre and age grp.

phlocky 11-15-2011 02:06 PM

I'd consider trading JVR straight up for Ryan (just beacuse of salaries next season). I'd be hesitant to trade voracek + Simmonds for him as together Voracek + Simmonds will cost about the same as Ryan but I think we'd get more use our of those 2 rather than just Ryan. I certainly wouldn't trade either Schenn or Couturier straight up for Ryan even though Ryan is CLEARLY the best plauer of the 3 but we need that center depth and the cheaper contracts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 39460157)

We dont need wingers. If it was JVR then it would be a package that included a center.

If you want one of Schenn or couturier then it would have to be a 2 for 2 deal IMO. Something along the lines of Couturier + Meszaros for Ryan + Sbisa with whatever picks needed to balance it out. I know that you don't want to trade someone like Sbisa but if we are going to be trading one of our top young centers then we are going to need a good young dman back in return. From a FLYERs need POV, if we were to deal one of Schenn or Couturier then we'd be much better off trading for someone like Bogosian or Rundblad than we would trading one of them for yet ANOTHER top 6 forward considering we already have a plethera of them now.

Gliff 11-15-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlocky (Post 39461057)
I'd consider trading JVR straight up for Ryan (just beacuse of salaries next season). I'd be hesitant to trade voracek + Simmonds for him as together Voracek + Simmonds will cost about the same as Ryan but I think we'd get more use our of those 2 rather than just Ryan. I certainly wouldn't trade either Schenn or Couturier straight up for Ryan even though Ryan is CLEARLY the best plauer of the 3 but we need that center depth and the cheaper contracts.

If you want one of Schenn or couturier then it would have to be a 2 for 2 deal IMO. Something along the lines of Couturier + Meszaros for Ryan + Sbisa with whatever picks needed to balance it out. I know that you don't want to trade someone like Sbisa but if we are going to be trading one of our top young centers then we are going to need a good young dman back in return. From a FLYERs need POV, if we were to deal one of Schenn or Couturier then we'd be much better off trading for someone like Bogosian or Rundblad than we would trading one of them for yet ANOTHER top 6 forward considering we already have a plethera of them now.

Ya I bet you would:laugh:

orange is better 11-15-2011 02:36 PM

Bobby Ryan is my favorite player outside of the flyers.

That being said, I would rather keep couturier and voracek.

Couturier is already playing like he's been in the league for 5 years, and his hockey sense and vision will turn him into a top line 2 way player in the near future. Voracek is another very young player who is underachieving in regards to his talent, but is still already a bonafide top 6 talent.

This trade is massively one sided, even given how much I love Ryan.

If the ducks want couturier AND voracek, I need fowler + coming back.

orange is better 11-15-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 39460157)

Why would you even mention giroux in a conversation about what it would take to get Bobby Ryan?

If you look up the word "untouchable" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Claude giroux there.

McNasty 11-15-2011 02:45 PM

The only way it works is if Hartnell is involved, and it's silly to trade a package like Hartnell + Schenn for Bobby Ryan all things considered. They are playing pretty well, there is no reason to make a trade.