HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers #1 on TSN Power Rankings as of Nov 14th! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1030171)

WPGNYRFan 11-15-2011 01:01 AM

Rangers #1 on TSN Power Rankings as of Nov 14th!

Anyone honestly expect to see this? :yo:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...angersare1.png

CheeseDogs 11-15-2011 01:02 AM

Livin The Dream

McDonagh 11-15-2011 02:06 AM

Too bad 2 and 3 are also from the Atlantic Division.

mrjimmyg89 11-15-2011 02:26 AM

Possibly the ultimate jinx going into the Islander game tomorrow, more so than the, "Can we compete for the cup" thread.

Outside of jinxes, this is deserved. Hottest team on a role, beating teams up in the process. Keep it up please!

WPGNYRFan 11-15-2011 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 (Post 39449841)
Possibly the ultimate jinx going into the Islander game tomorrow, more so than the, "Can we compete for the cup" thread.

Outside of jinxes, this is deserved. Hottest team on a role, beating teams up in the process. Keep it up please!

I was actually thinking that when I made the thread, but then I thought, I actually believe that we can keep going strong, jinx or no jinx! :)

darko 11-15-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stepan Up (Post 39449705)

And 4 is also from East.

GAGLine 11-15-2011 05:48 AM

ESPN has us 3rd.

The Lunatic Fridge 11-15-2011 06:18 AM

You guys realize ****sbrugh also plays tonight right? :help:

SupersonicMonkey* 11-15-2011 06:36 AM

It feels good to see our team ranked that high. No matter how long it lasts, still feels good for now.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!

ColonialsHockey10 11-15-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

The only game where we beat up a team was San Jose. This has been a winning streak, but the Rangers have put together much better stretches of hockey recently. Our weak schedule has certainly done us some favors.

Trust me, I think we're a good team, and I don't think they've played poorly, but there's room for improvement, a lot of it.

GAGLine 11-15-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 39453121)
The only game where we beat up a team was San Jose. This has been a winning streak, but the Rangers have put together much better stretches of hockey recently. Our weak schedule has certainly done us some favors.

Trust me, I think we're a good team, and I don't think they've played poorly, but there's room for improvement, a lot of it.

I agree that there is room for improvement. But I'd say that outscoring teams 22-9 over that span counts as beating up on them, even though physically we didn't always dominate, and had times where the other teams took it to us. No team is going to look like the better team for 60 minutes a night, every night.

ThirdEye 11-15-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 39453121)

What about Carolina and Montreal? We scored 5 goals in each of those games. I would consider that a beat up

We're going to run into a rut eventually, but I really really like what I've seen from this team recently. Certainly don't think there there is "a lot" of room for improvement. In what area exactly? We've been scoring a lot, giving up few goals and our PP has looked much better lately.

ColonialsHockey10 11-15-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 39453601)
What about Carolina and Montreal? We scored 5 goals in each of those games. I would consider that a beat up

We're going to run into a rut eventually, but I really really like what I've seen from this team recently. Certainly don't think there there is "a lot" of room for improvement. In what area exactly? We've been scoring a lot, giving up few goals and our PP has looked much better lately.

Both of those games were 1 period games by us. Especially Carolina, we dominated that 3rd, and dominated the 1st period in Montreal, after nearly giving up a 3-0 lead twice. The Sharks game was the closest we've been to playing a complete hockey game. The power play is looking good, as is the PK,and most players on the team. They all can't seem to be working in top gear at once though.

I'm not disappointed don't get me wrong, I just think we have a really good team in all facets, especially when Gaborik is playing as good as he has been. I was worried about the defense without Staal, but our top 4 have done more then a great job; Girardi has been this team's MVP IMO.

NYRangers16 11-15-2011 09:56 AM

**** i never expected that

broadwayblue 11-15-2011 10:42 AM

Shocking to say the least. I would have figured they put us in the top 10, but then talked about how we hadn't played many tough opponents yet.

Calad 11-15-2011 11:04 AM

Good stuff, lets hope the hard work continues.

we want cup 11-15-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 39456097)
Shocking to say the least. I would have figured they put us in the top 10, but then talked about how we hadn't played many tough opponents yet.

Yeah, I wouldn't put us first for that very reason. THN has us at 12th.

vipernsx 11-15-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stepan Up (Post 39449705)

2,3,4 from the East, and 5 of the next top 8 all from the East.

vipernsx 11-15-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 39456097)

SJS is pretty good, but outside that the opposition hasn't been very good though the margin of victory has been. That said, the homestand has helped tremendously and that should have also been taken into account. I'd say top5, because 6 in a row, is no small feat.

Pizza 11-15-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Islanders will now commence to kick our ass tonight, LOL.

Just kidding.

But to me this is a little bit like calling a shutout with 10 mins. to go in the 2nd period. In the wake of this, if we can win tonight let alone give a clinic I'll be stoked.

Tawnos 11-15-2011 11:57 AM

I said this in another thread, but TSNs power rankings are entirely stat based. They are weighted for recent performance and as the season goes on, the effect of recent performance weakens. So the combination of our points streak, in which we've averaged almost 4 goals per game, and the fact that those 7 games represents half of the season and it makes sense that we're on top.

94now 11-15-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 39450787)
ESPN has us 3rd.

FOX has us 5th.

CBC - 8th

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/powerRankings

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/powerrankings

Jackpot 11-15-2011 12:29 PM

Weak schedule, teams been playing decent hockey...and a goal differential of 22 / 9 equates to a 3 - 1 scoreline over 7 games...Throw a couple of empty netters and to say we're killing people is a tad over the top...IMO. I'll take 2 points anyday, but until we beat the likes of the Pens, Caps, Sabres, Flyers etc ..and continue beating sub .500 teams I'll refrain from celebrating

Zats Muccarello 11-15-2011 06:01 PM

So many jinxes in so little time :cry: JUST KEEP WINNING!

Cake or Death 11-15-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 39450787)
ESPN has us 3rd.

Which might be accurate. But they had us like 13th last week, amidst a win streak and ranked near the top of the league in points. As far as hockey coverage, ESPN is pretty much garbage.