HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT: Official Isles' Fans Venting Thread: "Somebody hit somebody!" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1030823)

M Moulson Ale 11-15-2011 08:55 PM

Official Isles' Fans Venting Thread: You implied for it, and it's back

Might as well make this...we have nothing to lose anyways.

Greetings pissed off Isles Fans,

Just put your frustrations here so we don't have to here them somewhere else because it is the same old story anyway. Time to relax since it is only the beginning of the season.

Personally, I'm as chill as a cucumber and I'm not worried at all.

EDIT: The frustration threads just keep coming.....

(Warning: profanity.....not like you really care)

EDIT: Welcome Back!

Tavartrick 11-15-2011 09:11 PM

I hate this ******* team. That's pretty much it though.

PROMputt 11-15-2011 09:14 PM

I just cannot believe we are going to have to watch another crappy season. Haven't we suffered enough?

HookeyPookey* 11-15-2011 09:18 PM

1 win in 11 games and I cant gooooooooooooooooooo on. Im not a front run Im happy with even 40-50% win but under 10% and you push me.

Gillies Mustache 11-15-2011 09:20 PM

19 years of pure torture. Don't know how much longer I can do this...

Knish Of The Crease 11-15-2011 09:35 PM

I just want a team that can score more than 2 goddamm goals a game. Running into a hot goalie or not. These guys should be able to put the ****ing puck in the ****ing net.

Belarus 11-15-2011 09:37 PM

Is there any more miserable fan base than us in all pro sport? There is none in hockey for sure.

Knish Of The Crease 11-15-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belarus (Post 39494135)
Is there any more miserable fan base than us in all pro sport? There is none in hockey for sure.

Yes. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. I say this stuff every Sunday...lol

Hipster Doofus 11-15-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ MAC (Post 39494363)
Yes. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. I say this stuff every Sunday...lol

god bless ur poor soul

Hip Of Rick 11-15-2011 09:51 PM

We are all still fans we would not be posting on an Islander board if we were not. But I feel indifferent about wins and losses at this point. The season is lost before the 1/4 point...

xECK29x 11-15-2011 09:56 PM

We are what 4 games below .500? We were over 20 games under last year and game out much better. We can turn this around easy. I think the main problem has been the lack of games and the amount of space in between. Now that we start playing every other day I expect the results to get better.

I love the demands some "fans" are making, fire Cappy...and hire who exactly? Fire Snow...because that automatically means we will start making trades and acquiring players like that right? All the talent in the world will come to the Island because we no longer have Snow (whom is extremely respected as a GM) at the helm.

It takes two teams with players that fit both teams needs which takes time, especially a major trade for a top-4 F/top-6 D.

StumpNYI 11-15-2011 10:04 PM

Hey Mods,

Lets make this the official Isles Fan Group Therapy Thread and sticky it. You could save some lives.

Thanks in Advance

EDIT: Oh wait, didnt notice M Moulson Ale already titled this official. Dont want to hijack his thread. We need group therapy though. Just saying.

Yashin for President 11-15-2011 10:07 PM

To tell you the truth im mad too but be real. With Rolston Pando and Mottau on this team I cant get excited. Sorry. Again, Im not a Staios fan either but we are not deep enough to win games. Plain and simple. Take this season for what is and hope the cap goes down because thats when we can cash in with trades and FA's. Yes, a high draft pick will help as well but it is so hard to go another season like this. Our prospects look good and could be used to bring in players through trade. Lets be patient.

Islanderfan17 11-15-2011 10:16 PM

I ain't even mad. At this point I pretty much shut down all my negative emotions whenever this team pulls something horrible out of their ass like Bailey's turnover tonight.

A Pointed Stick 11-15-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xECK29x (Post 39495343)
We are what 4 games below .500? We were over 20 games under last year and game out much better. We can turn this around easy. I think the main problem has been the lack of games and the amount of space in between. Now that we start playing every other day I expect the results to get better.

I love the demands some "fans" are making, fire Cappy...and hire who exactly? Fire Snow...because that automatically means we will start making trades and acquiring players like that right? All the talent in the world will come to the Island because we no longer have Snow (whom is extremely respected as a GM) at the helm.

It takes two teams with players that fit both teams needs which takes time, especially a major trade for a top-4 F/top-6 D.

Really? The team sucks because of the schedule? That's pretty weak. I realize you are trying to draw a smiley face on a giant **** pie, but even I can come up with something better than that.

You mention last year and I do believe we are all thinking along those lines, as in we are emulating the results. Sure, it may feel different, but here is the reality of the cold hard stats at the 14 game mark:

This year: 4-7-3, or 11 points out of 28.
Last year: 4-8-2, or 10 points out of 28.

You watch the game tonight and even when they throw some good effort into the tilt, they lose primarily on a massive disparity in talent, which can be directly related to how much that MIA owner does not spend on the club. And yes, talent is THE reason. For example, if Brad Richards flubbed a clear and Bailey picked it up, do you expect a goal for the Isles? No, of course not, because Bailey is not very talented while Richards is. In fact for Bailey to actually score a goal the ice has to tilt up like the Titanic and the goal fall back into the boards popping the goal judge booth out. I am not sure what it would take for Comeau or Bustposo to score at this point.

This club is clearly headed for the lottery because there is zero hope in sight that the TALENT gap between the Islanders and virtually every other team is going to be addressed. Here's the schedule just in case you are planning on the club playing the Blues and the Jackets ten times in a row (hint, they are not):

Mon, Bos, Pitt, Phil, Jersey, Jersey, Buf, Chi, Dal, Tampa.

Uh huh, by December this club will have played itself out of the playoffs. I HOPE they prove me wrong, but I am not as gifted as some of you at looking up a horse's butt and seeing Shangrila. Reality is no playoffs by December 1.

Yashin for President 11-15-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick (Post 39496367)
Really? The team sucks because of the schedule? That's pretty weak. I realize you are trying to draw a smiley face on a giant **** pie, but even I can come up with something better than that.

Yo mention last year and I do believe we are all thinking along those lines, as in we are emulating the results. Sure, it may feel different, but here is the reality of the cold hard stats at the 14 game mark:

This year: 4-7-3, or 11 points out of 28.
Last year: 4-8-2, or 10 points out of 28.

You watch the game tonight and even when they throw some good effort into the tilt, they lose primarily on a massive disparity in talent, which can be directly related to how much that MIA owner does not spend on the club. And yes, talent is THE reason. For example, if Brad Richards flubbed a clear and Bailey picked it up, do you expect a goal for the Isles? No, of course not, because Bailey is not very talented while Richards is.

This club is clearly headed for the lottery because there is zero hope in sight that the TALENT gap between the Islanders and virtually every other team is going to be addressed. Here's the schedule just in case you are planning on the club playing the Blues and the Jackets ten times in a row (hint, they are not):

Mon, Bos, Pitt, Phil, Jersey, Jersey, Buf, Chi, Dal, Tampa.

Uh huh, by December this club will have played itself out of the playoffs. I HOPE they prove me wrong, but I am not as gifted as some of you at looking up a horse's butt and seeing Shangrila. Reality is no playoffs by December 1.

Damn, reality hurts. lol. In all fairness didnt the 20 game winless streak start in December? 20 games without a win is a lot. I dont see that happening but I could be wrong.

åboriginal 11-15-2011 10:38 PM

still not ready to blame the coach. this **** is personnel. ice a better team, not one full of scrubs, and the results should be there.

Riseonfire 11-15-2011 11:03 PM

That's all I have to say.

A Pointed Stick 11-15-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashin for President (Post 39496787)
Damn, reality hurts. lol. In all fairness didnt the 20 game winless streak start in December? 20 games without a win is a lot. I dont see that happening but I could be wrong.

It started October 23, and there was one win mixed in, along with a couple of OT losses. This club started it's Fall swoon Oct 20th.

Currently staffed, this club is done for the year. They might as well start their summer vacation in January. They have no heart, no balls, no manhood except for a handful of guys. Streit is about as much of a leader as the scarecrow in wizard of Oz. Bailey, Comeau, and Okposo play like a bunch of unit-less Ken dolls. Can we take up a donation to get them actual testosterone producing organs? And the defense is one giant pile of **** once you get past Hamonic. No wonder Erhoff wanted no part of it.

KyleBailey12 11-15-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 (Post 39496357)
I ain't even mad. At this point I pretty much shut down all my negative emotions whenever this team pulls something horrible out of their ass like Bailey's turnover tonight.

Bingo. This is me. I adapted to all the losing.

mygameworn 11-15-2011 11:26 PM

Who gets scratched next? Moulson? I think Okposo should sit another game or two.

Yashin for President 11-15-2011 11:31 PM

I say make a trade for a player to get something that we need and also show that nobody is untouchable on this team. Way too many comfortable players in my opinion. Lets see what happens.

StrongIslanders90 11-15-2011 11:47 PM

thank god im not also a mets fan....Man I feel for my fellow Islanders fans who also have to deal with the Mets....

KingLio21093 11-16-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 39499661)
thank god im not also a mets fan....Man I feel for my fellow Islanders fans who also have to deal with the Mets....

Year long distress :shakehead

KingLio21093 11-16-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygameworn (Post 39499205)
Who gets scratched next? Moulson? I think Okposo should sit another game or two.

Yes lets scratch the player who scored a goal and not scratch the player who cost us the game.