HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Twitter: Dreger: leafs offered a 2nd and player (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1031107)

Rodimus Prime 11-16-2011 07:37 AM

Dreger: leafs offered a 2nd and player

According to a tweet by dregs this morning, leafs were offered, by an undisclosed team, a player and a second round pick for franson.

Pretty interesting, wonder who made the offer, and the caliber of player offered.

Also, I appologise for not posting a link, I'm on an iPhone and that's too much work, hopefully somebody will confirm for me.

Thoughts?

Quote:

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Leafs offered a player and 2nd round pick from undisclosed team for Franson. Evidently, depth on D is highly valued in Toronto.

Igy 11-16-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Leafs offered a player and 2nd round pick from undisclosed team for Franson. Evidently, depth on D is highly valued in Toronto.
Posted this in the trade thread.

birddog* 11-16-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime (Post 39504053)
According to a tweet by dregs this morning, leafs were offered, by an undisclosed team, a player and a second round pick for franson.

Pretty interesting, wonder who made the offer, and the caliber of player offered.

Also, I appologise for not posting a link, I'm on an iPhone and that's too much work, hopefully somebody will confirm for me.

Thoughts?

Well...time to jump on it. As long as the player isn't a salary dump.

cps230 11-16-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Thoughts?

The player is probaby a 3rd liner if the pick is a 2nd rounder

birddog* 11-16-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igy (Post 39504087)
Posted this in the trade thread.

The 40 page thread where everything new and interesting is hidden. Love those threads.

Don't get why mods always hide news in those long threads.

Leaf Rocket 11-16-2011 07:41 AM

a trade a coming boys....

regardless let's see what the future holds for us

nuffsaid 11-16-2011 07:44 AM

It think at this time I would rather see a package deal to see a significant player come our way instead of getting 3rd liners and draft picks. Fransen could be a good asset to a package.

Rodimus Prime 11-16-2011 07:57 AM

I think it's important to remember dregs main source with the leafs is nonis. This could simply be tactical, in either sense that he wants to drum up interest. Or by not naming team or player, keeping the true value hidden, ie the player being a cap dump, problem player etc.

Antropovsky 11-16-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuffsaid (Post 39504169)
It think at this time I would rather see a package deal to see a significant player come our way instead of getting 3rd liners and draft picks. Fransen could be a good asset to a package.

Isn't franson the player who couldn't wait to play for the leafs, and whose uncle is a die hard leafs fan? Poor guy(s) ha. Seems like he never really was in the leaf plans.

Leaf Rocket 11-16-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 39504135)
Pitt better make it a 1st if they are only offering Sid.

i think we are all hoping it's for a significant player...someone who has fallen out of the organization's favour someone who is in a rut and wants out..its how burkie roles. so lets hope we have one...rumour apparently was that paul stastny was a player who was being shopped around for a solid defensemen makes you wonder.

John-Eric Iannicello 11-16-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropovsky (Post 39504487)
Isn't franson the player who couldn't wait to play for the leafs, and whose uncle is a die hard leafs fan? Poor guy(s) ha. Seems like he never really was in the leaf plans.

I think he's certainly in the Leafs plans. If he wasn't he would have been moved by now.

Again, the Leafs are one injury away from him being in full-time.

Antropovsky 11-16-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 39504489)
someone who has fallen out of the organization's favour someone who is in a rut and wants out..its how burkie roles. so lets hope we have one...rumour apparently was that paul stastny was a player who was being shopped around for a solid defensemen makes you wonder.

Solid defenseman, key word. I personally want turris. He and colborne could be our 1-2 for the future.

Interactif 11-16-2011 08:05 AM

Bet it's NY, if it's a 2nd rd in next year's draft this proposal peaks my interest. As we have seen 2 2nds, can = a first or moving up even further in the draft. More chips you have to play the better.

Not totally given up on Franson, but sitting is not helping his value.

John-Eric Iannicello 11-16-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 39504599)
Bet it's NY, if it's a 2nd rd in next year's draft this proposal peaks my interest. As we have seen 2 2nds, can = a first or moving up even further in the draft. More chips you have to play the better.

Not totally given up on Franson, but sitting is not helping his value.

The Leafs can make those type of moves at the deadline if they want. Grabovski a pending UFA, maybe someone they look to move at the deadline if they are out of a solid playoff spot (and he remains unsigned). Liles, another candidate.

I don't think anyone is denying that 2nd round picks can be valuable, but it's early to jump on any deal for futures (IMO). Unless you get totally blown out of the water.

willy29 11-16-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Thoughts?

Why would any smart GM offer a decent player plus a draft pick for Franson, who can't crack the terrible Leaf's defense??? If a roster player is being offered, it has to be a salary dump or the player is in a huge slump.

Interactif 11-16-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello (Post 39504663)
The Leafs can make those type of moves at the deadline if they want. Grabovski a pending UFA, maybe someone they look to move at the deadline if they are out of a solid playoff spot (and he remains unsigned). Liles, another candidate.

I don't think anyone is denying that 2nd round picks can be valuable, but it's early to jump on any deal for futures (IMO). Unless you get totally blown out of the water.

I agree, I trust Burke will move him when his value is greatest. The Kaberle deal is a perfect example. Would like to see Franson play then to improve his value, this is the only issue I worry about, the deal can be taken off the table at any time. Grabo for me is as good as gone, I will be shocked if Leafs keep him with Colborne pushing hard to make the big club, hopefully Kadri can continue his strong play now that he has broken out with a goal. Lots of movement possible, I actually don't think the playoff race will matter, Burke will pull the trigger if it helps this team get closer to the cup. He's not interested in keeping players just to make the playoffs and get blown out in the 1st rd. Team toughness in the top 6 would be a good start.

Drew311 11-16-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime (Post 39504439)
I think it's important to remember dregs main source with the leafs is nonis. This could simply be tactical, in either sense that he wants to drum up interest. Or by not naming team or player, keeping the true value hidden, ie the player being a cap dump, problem player etc.

Everything Nonis tells Dreger is tactical. When the Leafs organization wants to get something public i'm sure they go straight to Dreger....within minutes of Dreger tweeting news it's basically world knowledge. Has to be the easiest and quickest way to create interest in a player.

egd27 11-16-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy29 (Post 39504717)
Why would any smart GM offer a decent player plus a draft pick for Franson, who can't crack the terrible Leaf's defense??? If a roster player is being offered, it has to be a salary dump or the player is in a huge slump.

Well we can always hope it's a dumb GM making the offer. ;)

Igy 11-16-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 39504781)
I agree, I trust Burke will move him when his value is greatest. The Kaberle deal is a perfect example. Would like to see Franson play then to improve his value, this is the only issue I worry about, the deal can be taken off the table at any time. Grabo for me is as good as gone, I will be shocked if Leafs keep him with Colborne pushing hard to make the big club, hopefully Kadri can continue his strong play now that he has broken out with a goal. Lots of movement possible, I actually don't think the playoff race will matter, Burke will pull the trigger if it helps this team get closer to the cup. He's not interested in keeping players just to make the playoffs and get blown out in the 1st rd. Team toughness in the top 6 would be a good start.

Colborne will replace Connolly not Grabo. Getting rid of Grabo would be a huge mistake. He's one of the hardest working and toughest forwards on the team.

bobbyflex 11-16-2011 08:22 AM

title is wierd?

Interactif 11-16-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igy (Post 39504901)
Colborne will replace Connolly not Grabo. Getting rid of Grabo would be a huge mistake. He's one of the hardest working and toughest forwards on the team.

We may have no choice, he's an upcoming UFA and he will command upwards of 3.5 to 4 cap hit in his next contract, a conservative figure, probably 4 years as this will be his chance to cash in after a good year last year. The question for the Leafs is can we afford him and still upgrade our top 6?

The Iceman 11-16-2011 08:29 AM

Dallas lost Gologoski to an injury last night.
Maybe a Raycroft for Franson ;)

ULF_55 11-16-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egd27 (Post 39504899)
Well we can always hope it's a dumb GM making the offer. ;)

Leafs have so many assistant GM's he could probably be traded to the Leafs.

daveleaf 11-16-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 39504983)
We may have no choice, he's an upcoming UFA and he will command upwards of 3.5 to 4 cap hit in his next contract, a conservative figure, probably 4 years as this will be his chance to cash in after a good year last year. The question for the Leafs is can we afford him and still upgrade our top 6?

I think Grabo has proven that he is a legitimate quality 2nd line centre in the league. I would like to see him resigned long term. He does everything asked of him. At that number he is very affordable. Let him go and you will be looking for years for someone just like him.

TML g u n n e R s* 11-16-2011 08:38 AM

HF value for franson a 3rd round pick :facepalm:

we need to shake things up! i love hearing stuff like this :D