HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   OT: Ever actually been to Bingo? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1032383)

Fenix Rises 2026 11-17-2011 09:04 PM

Ever actually been to Bingo?

I'm considering making the trip down to bingo for a game... anyone been to bingo? Looks pretty small - anything to actually do there, other than go to the game?

(On a side note, anyone know where I can score a b-sens jersey in Ottawa?)

SenateReform 11-17-2011 09:33 PM

I went in May for game 4 of the finals. There's nothing to do except watch the game and go out to a bar afterwards.

I had a great time while I was there though. The fans were great too.

Alaskimo 11-17-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler (Post 39578585)
(On a side note, anyone know where I can score a b-sens jersey in Ottawa?)

Seconded! I like em, considering buying one, slash getting one for christmas, cant find them anywhere though!

Grigo25* 11-17-2011 11:22 PM

Bingo awful city

v-man 11-17-2011 11:23 PM

Yeah, I went down for a couple of games a few years ago, and outside of going to the game and to bars/restaurants before and after, there's not much else to do. The booze is considerably cheaper than in Canada though, so I didn't really mind :) Other than that, we had to drive quite a bit out of downtown to catch a movie to kill some time between games.

Ski 11-17-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaskimo (Post 39590941)
Seconded! I like em, considering buying one, slash getting one for christmas, cant find them anywhere though!

They are not remedially available to purchase unless it's up for game day auction a few games each season..

ebay has a few listed..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...nators+jerseys

Otherwise, plan your day to arrive before game time for food/drinks otherwise no, if you're looking for family type thing's to do there's not much going on in the city most winter night's..summer different story

Smitty26 11-18-2011 01:09 AM

went there when i was considering colleges. there is a very nice IHOP!

Buck Aki Berg 11-18-2011 07:20 AM

Driven through it a few times on the way to points south. One time I stopped at a Wendys there that gave me some atrocious gas.

Qward 11-18-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler (Post 39578585)
Ever actually been to Bingo?

I know you meant the city, but i have a story about the game.

I used to have to work bingo's for a Junior A hockey team every week. One night I told a joke to a patron, "How do you get 500 cows into 1 barn? put up a 'Bingo' sign."

I was never asked to work again.

pt_mck 11-18-2011 08:13 AM

I was in Bingo 1.5 years ago. Couple nice golf courses there. Conklin Players Club and En -Joie Golf course. The weekend we were there we were literally the only ones staying in our downtown hotel.

The City itself was hit hard by the economic downturn.

MainDotC 11-18-2011 09:06 AM

I started going to Bingo from the Syracuse area last season (because I actually got a job finally) and I caught a few season-end games and 4 games in the playoffs, the 2 vs Charlotte and 2 vs Houston. In my experience I haven't looked much into doing anything other than going to the games so I'm not aware of anything cool to do in Bingo but I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find something. I know the bars/restraunts before and after the game were jammed so maybe you could hit up one of those.

My favourite part of the whole Bingo experience is waiting in line to get out of the parking garage and everyone honks their horns...sometimes to various tunes...just seemed so fun :) I've only been to games where they won so not sure if this happens after every game but there definitely seems to be some fun in that crowd. Maybe the NY'ers should get together for a game eh? Ski, Parker, BigEyedPhish, sens83...maybe wheel Zeke out of his house? I'd be up for it.

MHJS 11-18-2011 12:19 PM

I've been going there for years. It's got some nice charm, but I can really see why young players like Filatov may get a bit mad they aren't in the NHL. Definitely not a fun place for a young hockey player.

MainDotC 11-19-2011 05:09 PM

Anyone interested in going to Syracuse to represent the team next Friday?

5 Minute Major 11-19-2011 05:12 PM

Sabres fan here that lives in Binghamton and works for the Binghamton PD.

If any of you decide to come, shoot me a PM and I will fill you in on some things to do in the area...places to stay away from, etc...

Minister of Offence 11-19-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 39603351)

I used to have to work bingo's for a Junior A hockey team every week. One night I told a joke to a patron, "How do you get 500 cows into 1 barn? put up a 'Bingo' sign."

:laugh:

Shanny 11-19-2011 05:32 PM

I've passed through Syracuse and Binghamton a number of times when I've roadtripped it to NYC. :dunno:

Fenix Rises 2026 12-07-2012 08:21 AM

Year old bump.

Might drive down to bingo tonight. Hoping to get a silfverberg autograph. Anyone ever got an autograph at the Bingo Barn? Are the players around before/after the games/warmup?

ATdaisuki 12-07-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 (Post 56334191)
Year old bump.

Might drive down to bingo tonight. Hoping to get a silfverberg autograph. Anyone ever got an autograph at the Bingo Barn? Are the players around before/after the games/warmup?

super easy to get autographs. i recommend going during the practices i don't know about warm-ups, but after the game should be fine too. if you ask some fans they'll point you in the right direction. the best part about their old arena is it has an area outside the locker room that the players go through to go on the ice that you're allowed to go to.

i haven't been there in a while, but that was how it was last time i went.

Xspyrit 12-07-2012 11:03 AM

Are you out of your mind?

:sarcasm:

Inkling 12-07-2012 11:26 AM

Binghampton is an hour and a half from Cooperstown, NY. If you're a baseball fan it's definitely worth a visit.

(Edit: Oops, didn't realize this was a bump and not about what there is to do in the area)

peter67 12-07-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 39603351)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW, I never went to Bingo but I'd like to go, just to see a game and maybe do some cheap shopping.
Are there any good shops in Bingo or on the way?

CanadianHockey 12-07-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkling (Post 56337861)
Binghampton is an hour and a half from Cooperstown, NY. If you're a baseball fan it's definitely worth a visit.

(Edit: Oops, didn't realize this was a bump and not about what there is to do in the area)

Where is Binghampton? Is that close to Binghamton?

Inkling 12-07-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianHockey (Post 56338673)
Where is Binghampton? Is that close to Binghamton?

Very close. :)

I'll just call it Bingo from now on. I don't think I can misspell that.

Benny FTW 12-07-2012 12:53 PM

I go to Bingo every Monday.

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-07-2012 04:50 PM

Been there but not in a long while