HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Headed to Smashville Dec 3rd (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1032441)

NSHPreds1835 11-17-2011 08:54 PM

Headed to Smashville Dec 3rd

I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?

Soundgarden 11-17-2011 08:58 PM

Nice choice, I think I'm going to that one too. A hat and a Tee would be cheaper, so that's always a good option, or you could just go all out and get a nice Away jersey.

NSHPreds1835 11-17-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 39584867)
Nice choice, I think I'm going to that one too. A hat and a Tee would be cheaper, so that's always a good option, or you could just go all out and get a nice Away jersey.

I like the aways but the home jersey is very sharp too.

Broom of the System 11-17-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 (Post 39584223)
I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?

Whatever you decide to buy, I'd be happy to let you throw on my STH badge to get 20% off.

zellthemedic 11-17-2011 09:22 PM

I say show up in an Atlanta jersey. If anything, just get a hat or a shirt.

AtlantaWhaler 11-17-2011 09:42 PM

I wore my Hoss Thrash jersey to the opener. I must have had half the arena tell me they were sorry for losing the team. Awesome fans.

Drake744 11-17-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 (Post 39584223)

Assuming you're coming up on I-24, I would say make a stop in SportSeasons in Murfreesboro, TN for Preds gear. It's about 30 miles from Nashville on 24, and way cheaper than the arena, and a good selection. At least other SportSeasons in Nashville are. I would just google the address and check it out.

http://www.sport-seasons.com/Nashvil...tors/3811/dept

Nitrous Mafia 11-17-2011 11:06 PM

rep your thrash gear 4sure

kypredsfan 11-18-2011 12:20 AM

Buy a gold jersey shirt. Or buy whatever. I've already bought a jersery shirt, new home jersey, and a new hat already this season. I love stuff like that.

Adz 11-18-2011 08:54 AM

Oh, sure, wear your Thrashers stuff! We're very glad to have you in Nashville supporting the Preds. When you're ready to buy Preds gear, you will.

PredaDORES 11-18-2011 11:24 AM

I think it's cool to see fans rocking Thrashers gear at Preds games. Have a blast in Nashville!

codeyh 11-18-2011 12:21 PM

Wear your gear, be proud of your team, and walk out with a hat/shirt :)

TMI 11-18-2011 12:48 PM

Exactly. People wear gear that has nothing to do with the game. At least you will be rep'n what you love/loved. Walk in a Thrasher fan, walk out a Preds fan.

Also make sure you save some money for food because the food is awesome at the Bridge. Seriously. You can't beat pull pork BBQ nachos, buffalo chicken mac'n'cheese, or "the enforcer". http://foodandgamestv.ning.com/profi...es-bridgestone

PhoneGuy 11-18-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 39613677)
Exactly. People wear gear that has nothing to do with the game. At least you will be rep'n what you love/loved. Walk in a Thrasher fan, walk out a Preds fan.

Also make sure you save some money for food because the food is awesome at the Bridge. Seriously. You can't beat pull pork BBQ nachos, buffalo chicken mac'n'cheese, or "the enforcer". http://foodandgamestv.ning.com/profi...es-bridgestone

Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!

TMI 11-18-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy (Post 39614739)
Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!

:laugh: Fair enough. At the home opener last year I took a friend of mine. She had just broken up with her boyfriend and said she wanted to get drunk. I ended up spending something close to $400 on tickets + booze + a damn funnel cake she ended up vomiting back up in the parking lot of a Red Robin (we did sit two rows from the glass in the shoot twice).

At any rate, enjoy your time up here, Thrash!

SavageSteve 11-18-2011 01:49 PM

Wear you ATL gear and leave w/ a Preds shirt for sure.

Also if you get in town early enough, there are enough Living Social and Groupon deals that can ensure that you have a nice meal in town and enjoy tossing a few back at the game w/out breaking the proverbial bank. There's a great one linked to the 102.5 The Game's website for $50 worth of Neapolitan pizza et al for $25 at Bella Napoli Pizza near Vanderbilt University just off of Music Row: http://wprt.halfoffdeals.com/index.p...tail&h=5698159
I went there before Tuesday night's game and really, really liked the pizza and the service was very fast and awesome for a 'sit-down' pizza place!! Also note that there is the Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/nashville/) just up the road from the arena that also has very cheap parking for patrons and often frequented by Preds fans pre- and post-game! Plus there is also free parking if you are 'daring enough' to park by LP Field and walk over the pedestrian bridge of which I do for most home games, mainly so that I can walk-off any remaining beer-buzz I have leaving the arena!!

Adz 11-18-2011 02:01 PM

Fans at some arenas get really ticked off when people wear "other" jerseys to the game. Don't see that attitude much here in Nashville. Sure, I notice the jerseys, but I'm just happy the 2 Chicago fans and the people in the Czech Republic and Canadian Olympic sweaters decided to come to our game last night.

KevFist 11-18-2011 04:32 PM

Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.

SavageSteve 11-18-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 39621741)
Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.

Wow thats unreal!! I'd like to hear a review of the service come baseball season!!

Drake744 11-18-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy (Post 39614739)

I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.

kypredsfan 11-19-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

I think I saw that mentioned on the Nashville news. That's a helluva deal.

Adz 11-19-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 39631503)
I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.

Exactly.

I checked the menu the other night--the draft price is $9 for large and $8 for small. No idea what the amounts are in each. If you are there on Thursday, it's half of that. If you are a big drinker, then getting a ticket in the "adult option" seats is $15 more and you are allowed to get all the snacky food and beer you want (within reason and sobriety, of course). So there are options that don't require a second mortgage on the house.

PhoneGuy 11-20-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 39631503)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 39646247)
Exactly.

I checked the menu the other night--the draft price is $9 for large and $8 for small. No idea what the amounts are in each. If you are there on Thursday, it's half of that. If you are a big drinker, then getting a ticket in the "adult option" seats is $15 more and you are allowed to get all the snacky food and beer you want (within reason and sobriety, of course). So there are options that don't require a second mortgage on the house.

Duly noted. I still think it's overpriced, but that's the way concessions are anywhere you go. I won't pay them, but then again I'm a notoriously cheap b@#!$@.:D

thomas magnum 11-21-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

How far of a walk is that from Commerce to the Arena?

Drake744 11-21-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas magnum (Post 39739733)
How far of a walk is that from Commerce to the Arena?

a couple minutes