HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rumor: Carter asking for a trade? - update: denials all around (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1032509)

AreYouHockey 11-17-2011 09:52 PM

Carter asking for a trade? - update: denials all around

Per Renaud Lavoie.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/330219.html

What you think?

blahblah 11-17-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DohDog (Post 39590539)
What you think?

I could not care less.

CBJBrassard16 11-17-2011 10:02 PM

We've discussed it in the Boston GDT. Most don't fully believe it, but he has floated and seems like eh doesn't care. Would it be surprising? No, but it would be upsetting. He won't be let off easy because of what we gave up. But its not even fact yet. I want to wait before McKenzie and Porty get on this. Say what you want, but Porty is pretty spot on when he talks about players and potential moves out of Columbus (Coming INTO Columbus is a different story.)

But RDS also said Nabakov was traded for Tyutin... soo..

Fight Strap 11-17-2011 10:07 PM

Don't care, trade him for people that want to be here and actually try.

ThisIsMyAlibi 11-17-2011 10:13 PM

If he's making a conscious decision to not put forth effort, we have to trade him.

Simple as that.

DerDrache 11-17-2011 10:15 PM

Who the hell is going to take on his contract?

ClevelandJacketFan 11-17-2011 10:17 PM

Sure, whatever. Who cares?

Renion 11-17-2011 10:20 PM

If true, I hope the Jackets eventually get center X, who will mesh well with player Y.

Matthew 11-17-2011 10:25 PM

Hah, this guy's contract is UNTRADABLE. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A BAZILLION JILLION YEARS.

Byrral 11-17-2011 10:25 PM

The economy sucks and people can't find jobs. Hockey is suppose to be a release for people looking to be happy about something while supporting the local team. And the local team is crapping the bed. I could care less if Carter does or doesn't want to be traded. He can also take the rest of the team, the coaches and the owners out of town with him. The last thing I want to hear is some millionaire athlete pouting because he doesn't like his job. I'll switch with you any time you're ready.

Robert 11-17-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 39593127)
Hah, this guy's contract is UNTRADABLE. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A BAZILLION JILLION YEARS.

For once I would make a great player stay! I don't care if he wants out or not, our problem is that we have players that should go but want to stay here!

If I where GM Carter would be in my office in the morning to discuss this article, and I would have a French speaking student from OSU there as well..

I understand why Carter may want to be traded but too bad, he can tell his grandkids that he didn’t make the HOF or win a Stanley Cup because of ill-timed arrogance…

Enough is enough.

Robert 11-17-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renion (Post 39592821)
If true, I hope the Jackets eventually get center X, who will mesh well with player Y.

Been working on that for a decade.... or close. :laugh:

CBJCougar 11-17-2011 11:10 PM

This is actually old news. I think he was trying to be traded before he got here, hence the tears.

Too bad, Candy Ass. You're here. Man up and play.

SuperGenius 11-17-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 39594465)
For once I would make a great player stay! I don't care if he wants out or not, our problem is that we have players that should go but want to stay here!

If I where GM Carter would be in my office in the morning to discuss this article, and I would have a French speaking student from OSU there as well..

I understand why Carter may want to be traded but too bad, he can tell his grandkids that he didn’t make the HOF or win a Stanley Cup because of ill-timed arrogance…

Enough is enough.

and yet when you have a guy who is like this, the fans crap on him whenever it suits them. see: Nash, Rick

Palinka 11-17-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 39593127)

Can't tell if sarcastic or not...

In any case, no one seems to know what the landscape of the NHL is going to look out in the aftermath of the 2012 CBA negotiations. A very long-term deal for a fairly low cap hit for a player of Carter's caliber will always be enticing.

Dare I say that it's enough to basically put his value on the same level as Nash, even though Nash is the superior player.

Dead Horse 11-17-2011 11:17 PM

make it so, number one

Palinka 11-17-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 39594465)

Enough is enough.

Have you ever seen the movie "Ragtime"?

The terrorists (featuring a young Samuel L. Jackson) take over the museum, and a man bursts through the crowd and tells the police commissioner (Jimmy Cagney) that there are priceless artifacts that must be preserved. Cagney said something like "As long as they're up there and you're down here, you're not the curator of anything."

If there's someone who doesn't want to be around, you trade him. I'm in favor of keeping him to extract the maximum value from a trading partner, but if you keep him around and let him poison other players directly or indirectly, the front office is no longer the curator of anything.

See Nikita Filatov in 2009-10 for an example.

WhereIsIt 11-17-2011 11:32 PM

Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems so obvious now that the team shouldn't have traded for a guy who thinks he's signed up to play somewhere else (the place that he calls home) for the next 12 years of his life. I feel real bad for the guy. I hope you guys can get back the same value you gave up to get him and just forget it ever happened.

Robert 11-17-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooten (Post 39596393)
and yet when you have a guy who is like this, the fans crap on him whenever it suits them. see: Nash, Rick

I know where you are going Wooten, lets take a look at the facts:

Rick Nash, drafted by Columbus in 2002 (1/1).....

Jeff Carter, acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers 6/23/2011.....

BIG difference! If Jeff Carter is dogging it after three or four years yeah, he will be crapped on.

BluejacketNut 11-18-2011 12:46 AM

Youre never going to get a star who wants to be traded here....its the risk you take in trading. The guy signed an 11 year contract to be where he wanted to be, then got shipped to a place that would have probably been 29th or 30th on his list of teams to go to. Who knows if its true, but it wouldnt surprise me at all. If he was on a 3 year contract, maybe it wouldnt be a big deal to him, but how would you feel if you got sent to prison for 11 years

Lixxiq 11-18-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluejacketNut (Post 39600277)
Youre never going to get a star who wants to be traded here....its the risk you take in trading. The guy signed an 11 year contract to be where he wanted to be, then got shipped to a place that would have probably been 29th or 30th on his list of teams to go to. Who knows if its true, but it wouldnt surprise me at all. If he was on a 3 year contract, maybe it wouldnt be a big deal to him, but how would you feel if you got sent to prison for 11 years

Totally right.

damacles1156 11-18-2011 01:21 AM

If Carter was on a Short term Deal, I think he wouldn't care. But Eleven Years is..... a long time.

CrazyCanucks 11-18-2011 02:44 AM

Carter for Luongo? Both are on long term deals and would basically wash each other out in terms of salary and cap hit.

Lucbourdon 11-18-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks (Post 39601907)
Carter for Luongo? Both are on long term deals and would basically wash each other out in terms of salary and cap hit.

this is so shocking, it would actually work on both parties :laugh:

JACKETfan 11-18-2011 04:51 AM

Now that Sanford is our best goalie ever, we don't need Luongo. More importantly, why on God's green earth would Luongo want to join our team? If he's that suicidal, we don't want him.

This Carter trade rumor is either just a rumor, or typical buyer's remorse. He'll be fine once we start winning next year.