HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Prospect Info: HF Fall Organizational Ranking (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1033137)

Joe T Choker 11-18-2011 04:49 PM

HF Fall Organizational Ranking
 
Nashville not in the bottom 3rd (No Surprise There)

Linky Link

Top 10 again

Gnashville 11-19-2011 04:23 PM

Probably fell out of the top 5 though I'd be surprized if we don't. Last years' draft did very little to restock.

I Will Son 11-19-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville (Post 39652903)
Probably fell out of the top 5 though I'd be surprized if we don't. Last years' draft did very little to restock.

I disagree, Balisy, Hellberg, Salomaki, and Shalla are all pretty good prospects that will def help.

Id say Hellberg and Salomakis stocks have risen a bit since to.

Soundgarden 11-19-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 39653677)
I disagree, Balisy, Hellberg, Salomaki, and Shalla are all pretty good prospects that will def help.

Id say Hellberg and Salomakis stocks have risen a bit since to.

I agree with that, it was a good draft for us, even without the 1st rounder.

AtlantaWhaler 11-19-2011 07:19 PM

Salomaki is going to be a boss.

I Will Son 11-19-2011 07:57 PM

Agree^^

Brent Andrews doesnt seem to bad either, I actually really like this draft a lot.

AtlantaWhaler 11-21-2011 09:16 AM

We're in at #7. Since they never re-evaluated our prospects from last year, I'm not sure I understand how we dropped from 3. Whatever.

Quote:

7. Nashville Predators

Strengths: Nashville boasts some of the best depth in the NHL, with quality players at every position. Taylor Beck, Austin Watson, and Michael Latta can chip in offense and play a gritty two-way game. Many top prospects such as Blake Geoffrion and Craig Smith have already proven themselves at the NHL level. Ryan Ellis and Jonathon Blum are amongst a talented group of blue liners on the cusp of being NHL ready. The combination of Anders Lindback and Jeremy Smith in net rivals almost any other system.
Weaknesses: Despite the glut of quality prospects, Nashville lacks top-tier goal-scoring forward. Several high drafted prospects such as Charles-Olivier Roussel and Zach Budish have not developed as expected.
Top 5 Prospects: 1. Jonathon Blum, D, 2. Taylor Beck, LW, 3. Ryan Ellis, D, 4. Austin Watson, RW, 5. Roman Josi, D.
Lost to Graduation: Matt Halischuk,
Lost to Trade: Taylor Stefishen.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_fall2011110/

Gnashville 11-21-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 39740437)
We're in at #7. Since they never re-evaluated our prospects from last year, I'm not sure I understand how we dropped from 3. Whatever.



http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_fall2011110/

I called It!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe T Choker 11-21-2011 03:29 PM

Can a brother get an elite goal scorer in the organization this summer ?

AtlantaWhaler 11-21-2011 03:33 PM

Considering we only graduated Halischuk, and had Smith jump leaps and bounds (though HF wouldn't know because they haven't updated our prospect rankings forever), I really don't get the fall.

token grinder 11-21-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 39753785)
Considering we only graduated Halischuk, and had Smith jump leaps and bounds (though HF wouldn't know because they haven't updated our prospect rankings forever), I really don't get the fall.

I think it has less to do with what we lost and what some of the others gained like huberdeau, zibidajad, rnh, etc

Drake744 11-21-2011 07:04 PM

Anyone in their right mind knew Florida would be first

Top 6 Spaling 11-21-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 39766071)
Anyone in their right mind knew Florida would be first

Just take their top Forward, D, and Goalie. Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Markstrom.

Lawd :amazed:

AtlantaWhaler 11-21-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 39754407)
I think it has less to do with what we lost and what some of the others gained like huberdeau, zibidajad, rnh, etc

I agree, but I'd think Smith rocketing up to #1 from #13 (IMO) would offset that.

token grinder 11-21-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 39768963)
I agree, but I'd think Smith rocketing up to #1 from #13 (IMO) would offset that.

i don't. all those guys have higher upside and a bit more hype. i think being a late bloomer hurts.

Enoch 11-21-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 39771267)
i don't. all those guys have higher upside and a bit more hype. i think being a late bloomer hurts.

True, but the simple fact that Smith is our "13th best prospect" invalidates almost the entire evaluation of our system. It shows that the "evaluation" simply was not done. We are in the top 10 because the writers knew the Predators had a good system, but they couldn't be bothered to put in the effort or time to properly grade our talent. They essentially just stashed the Predators in the top 10 out of reputation, not analysis. Further, they demonstrated they have no idea what kind of talent is in this system.

Seth Lake 11-21-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 39771999)
True, but the simple fact that Smith is our "13th best prospect" invalidates almost the entire evaluation of our system. It shows that the "evaluation" simply was not done. We are in the top 10 because the writers knew the Predators had a good system, but they couldn't be bothered to put in the effort or time to properly grade our talent. They essentially just stashed the Predators in the top 10 out of reputation, not analysis. Further, they demonstrated they have no idea what kind of talent is in this system.

I agree...so too does Admirals Roundtable who wrote this in response last week:

Quote:

For some reason, people still like to give Hockey’s Future some kind of credibility when it comes to scouting and writing.

Frankly, I think they fail miserably at both. If you have an Internet connection and can memorize the hockeydb.com URL, you have met the prerequisites for being a Hockey’s Future writer! Mazel tov!
http://admiralsroundtable.com/2011/1...ockeys-future/

token grinder 11-22-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 39768963)
I agree, but I'd think Smith rocketing up to #1 from #13 (IMO) would offset that.

I don't know that I would put smith at number 1 quite frankly. just as guilty as the knuckleheads are of feeding the hype machine, so are we as fans. Pred fans really only know smith from a solid world championship and a nice start to the season. We don't know if he is a better prospect than an blum, ellis, hedberg, josi, or beck. I don't know if the reason he gets all the accolades right now is because he was the new fresh face who gave us something we lacked-a shooter, or because he is that good. Is it because Blum came in and did such a solid job at the end of last year that we overlook the fact that he still, in fact a new guy? I think these are questons we need to ask ourselves if we are really going to evaluate our kids or just go with the loud groupthink.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.