HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Proposal: Blues Trade Proposals - The Consolidated List (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1033801)

2 Minute Minor 11-19-2011 04:03 PM

Blues Trade Proposals - The Consolidated List

As Blues-relevant trade proposals appear in the forum that are not better served being shunted to the Trade Forum, they'll be archived in this thread after they've run their course for a few days.

bluemandan 11-20-2011 09:29 AM

I haven't seen him play, but would other Blues fans have any interest in Bryan Allen from Carolina? Rumor has that the Canes are looking for forward help.

(Thought I should put this here, that way I could feel out the interest and relative value before making an actual proposal on the Trade Board. Seemed like a good place for it.)

The Grouch 11-20-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 39694649)
I haven't seen him play, but would other Blues fans have any interest in Bryan Allen from Carolina? Rumor has that the Canes are looking for forward help.

(Thought I should put this here, that way I could feel out the interest and relative value before making an actual proposal on the Trade Board. Seemed like a good place for it.)

Bryan Allen would at best be a marginal upgrade over Ian Cole this season, and would be a downgrade from Barret Jackman, Carlo Colaiacovo, and Kent Huskins. When healthy, Jackman, Colaiacovo, Huskins, Cole, and Russell all fulfill a left defense role. Bryan Allen would just add to that log jam.

fcpremix88 11-20-2011 07:23 PM

I'd love it if this thread had a regularly updated OP or early post (like I could update this one on my own time, if that's what's decided) where every proposal and discussion is recorded.

Proposals from other fans:
Date SubmittedOther teamAssets TradedAssets ReceivedWhy We Do It/Don't
11/14/2011DevilsOshieTedenby/Palmieri + UrbomBlues are done with the rebuild, and no longer want to trade established players for youth or depth.

Proposals from our fans:
Date SubmittedOther teamAssets TradedAssets ReceivedWhy They Do It/Don't
11/15/2011DevilsBerglund + 1stPariseThey'd rather try to retain their captain than trade him for futures.

Discussion on Acquiring Players and Assets:
Date SubmittedPlayer of InterestTeamProsCons
11/17/2011ClarksonDevilsHe's a good 3rd/4th linerHe's expensive
11/20/2011AllenHurricanesHe's a defensive LHDHe's not an improvement over what we already have

fan in oregon Proposals: :sarcasm:

As for pushing forward actual discussion, I know bleedblue1223 mentioned obtaining Cammaleri as a replacement to McDonald. He has a big price tag, but he really shows up in the playoffs.

Use the Schwartz* 11-20-2011 09:00 PM

I'd like that, what would we need to put up? Another forward, probably a top 6 guy. Well no, definitely. Cammarelli has been a point per game player in his carrer once, almost twice and can certainly do it again. Oshie and picks?

Celtic Note 11-20-2011 09:08 PM

I am not saying I would do this, but would you trade Chris Stewart and Partik Berglund for Eric Staal and Brian Dumoulin?

Its kind of a big gamble, but with Tarasenko coming and Eric Staal becoming our #1 center, we might just be bringing in a missing piece. Plus we bring in a LHD that has some strong puck moving skills and size.

Just a thought for fun.

bleedblue1223 11-20-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic Note (Post 39726709)
I am not saying I would do this, but would you trade Christ Stewart and Partik Berglund for Eric Staal and Brian Dumoulin?

Its kind of a big gamble, but with Tarasenko coming and Eric Staal becoming our #1 center, we might just be bringing in a missing piece. Plus we bring in a LHD that has some strong puck moving skills and size.

Just a thought for fun.

I would do Berglund++ for him, but Stewart wouldn't be involved.

bleedblue1223 11-20-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman (Post 39726277)
I'd like that, what would we need to put up? Another forward, probably a top 6 guy. Well no, definitely. Cammarelli has been a point per game player in his carrer once, almost twice and can certainly do it again. Oshie and picks?

I was thinking if Montreal is out of it at the deadline, McRae and a 1st. Cammalleri is good, but he is older and his stats are slightly declining. I would love to get Cammalleri, but the only forward roster player that has value, that I would move for him would be D'Agostini.

Celtic Note 11-20-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 39727071)
I would do Berglund++ for him, but Stewart wouldn't be involved.

I doubt they would make that move. It would be tough to get the guy and they are trying to upgrade their offense this season.

Celtic Note 11-20-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 39727227)
I was thinking if Montreal is out of it at the deadline, McRae and a 1st. Cammalleri is good, but he is older and his stats are slightly declining. I would love to get Cammalleri, but the only forward roster player that has value, that I would move for him would be D'Agostini.

What do in order to make room?

Probably need to send salary back too.

bleedblue1223 11-20-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic Note (Post 39727551)
What do in order to make room?

Probably need to send salary back too.

I only brought up Cammalleri in case McDonald is out long-term and would miss the playoffs. If McDonald is in the lineup we don't trade for Cammalleri.

bleedblue1223 11-20-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic Note (Post 39727265)
I doubt they would make that move. It would be tough to get the guy and they are trying to upgrade their offense this season.

Probably not, but Staal just isn't the 100 point player that he was in 05-06. If/when Berglund develops he will become the type of player Staal is now. I'm not a fan of trading a 50 point center and a 60 point winger for a 70-80 point center, especially when Berglund and Stewart will most likely improve on their numbers and Staal will stay the 70-80 point center.

Celtic Note 11-20-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 39727857)
I only brought up Cammalleri in case McDonald is out long-term and would miss the playoffs. If McDonald is in the lineup we don't trade for Cammalleri.

Got ya. It makes some sense. But I wonder if it works for MON.

Celtic Note 11-20-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 39728227)
Probably not, but Staal just isn't the 100 point player that he was in 05-06. If/when Berglund develops he will become the type of player Staal is now. I'm not a fan of trading a 50 point center and a 60 point winger for a 70-80 point center, especially when Berglund and Stewart will most likely improve on their numbers and Staal will stay the 70-80 point center.

I just wonder if Staal needs a change of scenery and a better team around him.

Dolph Ziggler 11-20-2011 11:47 PM

I proposed a trade in the NAS forum the other day. They thought it was good value, but preferred to re-sign Suter. Proposal was this:

To St. Louis:
Ryan Suter

To Nashville:
T.J. Oshie
Ian Cole
1st round pick or Jaden Schwartz.

Thoughts?

Celtic Note 11-21-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi (Post 39734387)
I proposed a trade in the NAS forum the other day. They thought it was good value, but preferred to re-sign Suter. Proposal was this:

To St. Louis:
Ryan Suter

To Nashville:
T.J. Oshie
Ian Cole

Thoughts?

Thats a lot togive up for Suter. Change the 1st/ Schwartz to a second and I might pull the trigger.

2 Minute Minor 11-21-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi (Post 39734387)

To St. Louis:
Ryan Suter

To Nashville:
T.J. Oshie
Ian Cole

Thoughts?

He's still a pending UFA, right? A potential rental if he decides he doesn't want to sign here?

I also don' t like trading the 1st two successive years.

I'm not sure the right package, and that is a painful price you've posted. But I think Cole/Oshie are pieces that can probably be dealt without hurting the Blues (when they're healthy) too much.

BlueDream 11-21-2011 12:46 AM

Would you guys consider moving Berglund as the center piece in a package to get Paul Stastny? Now who knows what the Avs will do, but as they continue to struggle something will be done and there has been talk for a while now about potentially dealing Stastny. This is just for speculation/discussion.

He makes some pretty good dough, but would give us a #1 playmaking center who had great chemistry with Chris Stewart. I am just really frustrated by the play of Patrik Berglund. He may be the biggest disappointment on the entire team this season. He shows flashes but even those are coming few and far between IMO. He is nowhere near being the consistent, dominant center we hoped for and saw in the World Championships, and frankly I wonder if he will ever reach his potential. He is not putting it all together in the NHL. He has 7 points right now...that is NOT going to cut it. I thought this would a breakout year for him but instead it's looking pretty similar to his dreadful 2009-2010 campaign.

For as much as Oshie is dangled in trade proposals, I would hope he stays in St. Louis a lot longer than Berglund does. Oshie is so much more valuable out there on the ice.

SteenMachine 11-21-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 39735419)
Would you guys consider moving Berglund as the center piece in a package to get Paul Stastny? Now who knows what the Avs will do, but as they continue to struggle something will be done and there has been talk for a while now about potentially dealing Stastny. This is just for speculation/discussion.

He makes some pretty good dough, but would give us a #1 playmaking center who had great chemistry with Chris Stewart. I am just really frustrated by the play of Patrik Berglund. He may be the biggest disappointment on the entire team this season. He shows flashes but even those are coming few and far between IMO. He is nowhere near being the consistent, dominant center we hoped for and saw in the World Championships, and frankly I wonder if he will ever reach his potential. He is not putting it all together in the NHL. He has 7 points right now...that is NOT going to cut it. I thought this would a breakout year for him but instead it's looking pretty similar to his dreadful 2009-2010 campaign.

For as much as Oshie is dangled in trade proposals, I would hope he stays in St. Louis a lot longer than Berglund does. Oshie is so much more valuable out there on the ice.

Oh no he only has 3 more years to even enter his prime, what a bust. If he's that inconsistent then his trade value isn't going to be worth much come the deadline. Unless Stastny is moved as a salary dump I doubt they consider downgrading on offense just to add some size. Not to mention Stastny is on pace for another 50-55 pt season with a negative +/-.

BlueDream 11-21-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteenMachine (Post 39736131)
Oh no he only has 3 more years to even enter his prime, what a bust. If he's that inconsistent then his trade value isn't going to be worth much come the deadline. Unless Stastny is moved as a salary dump I doubt they consider downgrading on offense just to add some size. Not to mention Stastny is on pace for another 50-55 pt season with a negative +/-.

The double standards with Blues fans are hilarious. So many of you guys are quick to write off EJ simply because he was traded, but others like Berglund still get a free pass. "Oh he still has plenty of time to hit his prime!" I never said he was a bust. But what has he shown that makes you believe he will live up to his FULL potential? He is so inconsistent, it's up and down with him. Maybe he will, but don't put words in my mouth. Based on what I've seen, it's my opinion that he won't.

Your argument is pretty bad.

Oh no, Stastny is -4! Well so is Berglund. Then you complain about Stastny's point total. Not only is he playing on a bad team right now, but Stastny's 13 points in 21 games would be tied for the lead on our team, but oh we don't want that, that's terrible, right? So far in Stastny's 5 previous seasons he hit 70+ points three times and was on pace to hit 60+ the other two. And you act like we would be dealing Berglund for some old vet. Stastny is 25. Has he even hit his prime yet? Based on what you claim, no, he hasn't, because that's only 2 years older than Berglund.

I'll be shocked if Berglund ever becomes as good as Stastny. And this was just a suggestion. To get you have to give, and what else would we be trading? Berglund won't land Stastny by himself, obviously we'd have to add. Sorry but trading Oshie is NOT smart. Backes, Steen, Stewart, Perron aren't going anywhere. Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk aren't going anywhere. Honestly Berglund is the worst one of the young "core", and we shouldn't hang on to him simply because he has size. I'm not advocating just shopping him for whatever, but if we could get a #1 playmaking center (which is what this offense lacks), I would definitely look into that.

JawandaPuck 11-21-2011 02:51 AM

Paul Stastny best season:
2009-10 Colorado Avalanche NHL 81gp 20+59=79 50pim

David Backes best season:
2010-11 St. Louis Blues NHL 82gp 31+31=62 93pim

Proposal:
Stastny ($6.6M cap hit until 2013-14) for Backes ($4.5M cap hit until 2015-16) + 2nd rounder

Yes/No?

EastonBlues22 11-21-2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JawandaPuck (Post 39736607)
Paul Stastny best season:
2009-10 Colorado Avalanche NHL 81gp 20+59=79 50pim

David Backes best season:
2010-11 St. Louis Blues NHL 82gp 31+31=62 93pim

Proposal:
Stastny ($6.6M cap hit until 2013-14) for Backes ($4.5M cap hit until 2015-16) + 2nd rounder

Yes/No?

I wouldn't do it. I don't have any problems with the value, but this doesn't really make the Blues a better team...just a different one.

If a deal could be worked around Stastny and Berglund that met Colorado's value needs and the Blues financial needs, I would certainly be interested.

wilco5886 11-21-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic Note (Post 39726709)
I am not saying I would do this, but would you trade Christ Stewart and Partik Berglund for Eric Staal and Brian Dumoulin?

Just a thought for fun.

IMO, this is the kind of trade we should do. I see us as stacked on the wings, even if some of them are a bit injury prone. And, as the Blues have shown over the last couple of years, if you make the right trades you can get decent wingers for fairly cheap. (Boyes, AMac, Steen, D'ags, Sobotka) When a top center becomes available, every team wants him (if they can afford it, both player and cap wise) because they are such a rare commodity. Boston is the first team to win a cup in a long time that didn't have a standout, top-10 center. Only other ones I can remember are the Devil teams (doesn't hurt to have Niedermayer, Stevens, and Brodeur).

In my fantasy, Crosby comes back, never has another concussion, and we can trade for Malkin. If at all possible, keep Backes and Tarasenko. Malkin and Tank on top line, and Backes as your shutdown two-way 2d line center that can pot 30 goals while wearing down opposition's top line.

But I wouldn't mind the sight of Staal in a bluenote one bit.

SteenMachine 11-21-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 39736343)
The double standards with Blues fans are hilarious. So many of you guys are quick to write off EJ simply because he was traded, but others like Berglund still get a free pass. "Oh he still has plenty of time to hit his prime!" I never said he was a bust. But what has he shown that makes you believe he will live up to his FULL potential? He is so inconsistent, it's up and down with him. Maybe he will, but don't put words in my mouth. Based on what I've seen, it's my opinion that he won't.

Your argument is pretty bad.

Oh no, Stastny is -4! Well so is Berglund. Then you complain about Stastny's point total. Not only is he playing on a bad team right now, but Stastny's 13 points in 21 games would be tied for the lead on our team, but oh we don't want that, that's terrible, right? So far in Stastny's 5 previous seasons he hit 70+ points three times and was on pace to hit 60+ the other two. And you act like we would be dealing Berglund for some old vet. Stastny is 25. Has he even hit his prime yet? Based on what you claim, no, he hasn't, because that's only 2 years older than Berglund.

I'll be shocked if Berglund ever becomes as good as Stastny. And this was just a suggestion. To get you have to give, and what else would we be trading? Berglund won't land Stastny by himself, obviously we'd have to add. Sorry but trading Oshie is NOT smart. Backes, Steen, Stewart, Perron aren't going anywhere. Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk aren't going anywhere. Honestly Berglund is the worst one of the young "core", and we shouldn't hang on to him simply because he has size. I'm not advocating just shopping him for whatever, but if we could get a #1 playmaking center (which is what this offense lacks), I would definitely look into that.

You're doing the same thing with double standards though, Stastny hasn't regressed as player its his team! He's worth the extra 4 million even though he's not outscoring Oshie or can't play better defense than him. He's just not the big money contract I would target, this team still needs a solid #2 center and Berglund can be that, or maybe a bit more if we're not trying to do Doug Weight style upgrades. I agree he's probably one of the more plausible targets, but it's hard to say if he'd flourish here or not just because everyone else seems to be on the bubble of 60pts seasons and he could put some of the over the top, but not Berglund because none of our players have doubled their production in the 2nd half of the season.

bluemandan 11-21-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grouch (Post 39695937)
Bryan Allen would at best be a marginal upgrade over Ian Cole this season, and would be a downgrade from Barret Jackman, Carlo Colaiacovo, and Kent Huskins. When healthy, Jackman, Colaiacovo, Huskins, Cole, and Russell all fulfill a left defense role. Bryan Allen would just add to that log jam.

Thanks. I don't get to watch Carolina games unless they are playing the Blues, so I didn't know anything about him. Just that tsn.ca has him rumored to be available.