HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Voynov or Faulk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1035161)

sylvainchartrand 11-21-2011 07:41 AM

Voynov or Faulk

Who will be the best points producer? Voynov(L.A) or Faulk(Car)?

sylvainchartrand 11-21-2011 03:41 PM

Well! You're not really good or experts guys. You probably don't know these 2 players. So I'll help you. Voyvod will be better than Faulk ;o)

Elever 11-21-2011 05:30 PM

Why did you ask the question if you knew the answer? And should've put it on the fantasy forum. Voynov is in a league ahead of Faulk and he's much better defensively. Ryan Murphy can rival or be better than Voynov offensively though as long as he doesn't have concussion issues. If you want a comparison for this year though then look at Leddy and Orlov who's just been called up.

Qubax 11-21-2011 06:00 PM

Wow call me crazy, but I disagree.

The original poster asked specifically about points production.

How many people in Fantasy pools(where offensive production is almost the sole consideration) would trade Faulk for Voynov?

Voynov will and should become the better 5 on 5 player. Although I'd argue that's not a 100% slam dunk either. But a 85%-15% likelyhood.

However when it comes to offense? I think Faulk is the superior player. Maybe not by leaps and bounds. But he has a skill set that is tailor made for being a PP-QB.

Additionally Voynov will always be competing with Doughty and JJ for PP time.

IMO, for points? Which was the question....I'd take Faulk in a heart beat.

dabeechman 11-21-2011 08:44 PM

Small sample size, but Voynov is a very offensive minded dman that is good positionally and sees the ice very well.

His 3g/5pts in 8 games proves that. I don't know much about Faulk, but prospect wise, there are very few that I would put in front of Voynov in a fantasy league.

Elever 11-21-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax (Post 39759841)
Additionally Voynov will always be competing with Doughty and JJ for PP time.

IMO, for points? Which was the question....I'd take Faulk in a heart beat.

Voynov is better offensively than Johnson, the cream rises to the top and that shouldn't be a problem with him. Playing the PP with Doughty is only a good thing for his point production. Faulk on the other hand will compete with Murphy who's one of the most talented offensive dmen in the world when it comes to potential and McBain and Pitkanen aren't slouches.

In fantasy hockey, you go with the safe option. Few players can MA Bergeron their way around. Faulk unless he imporves his defensive game isn't gonna be trusted (especially under Maurice) to get the type of minutes you're hoping for. Since Voynov seems to be sound defensively, he's a safe option to stick.

Also if you want another sleeper, go for Brendan Smith who's NHL ready or maybe Stefan Elliot who might make a similar impact to Shattenkirk last year, it can be argued that he's better offensively than Shattenkirk and Shattenkirk wasn't that great defensively last season in Colorado either.

sylvainchartrand 11-22-2011 02:49 PM

Thanks for answering guys

Thanks for answering guys. Iím new here and it seems like I was in the wrong thread. Finally I took Voyvod. It was a supplemental draft in a keeper league. There was not much to pick.

crazy Kassian 01-20-2013 01:57 AM

interesting to look back on

Faulk is beginning to surprise people and he will no doubt continue to do so this season. Carolina really relies on him, and he is going to consistently play 22-26 minutes a night in all situations.

Voyvod is good in his own right

I think Orlov and Voynov comparison makes more sense

The Latvian 01-20-2013 02:06 AM

I really like what I've seen from Faulk. Voynov hasn't really stood out to me offensively.

crazy Kassian 01-20-2013 02:07 AM

Drew Faulking Doughty

Machinehead 01-20-2013 04:25 AM

I really like Voynov, I'm gonna take him.

Le Magnifique 66 01-20-2013 08:14 AM

Faulk

Chicago Made Punk 01-20-2013 10:20 AM

Faulk AINEC

Novacane 01-20-2013 01:54 PM

Semi-homer, but not really, Faulk.

Dr John Carlson 01-20-2013 02:18 PM

Faulk

Benny FTW 01-20-2013 02:23 PM

Faulk not close.