HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Injury Report: Mason Sustains Head Injury in Practice, York Recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1035221)

CBJSprague24 11-21-2011 11:31 AM

Mason Sustains Head Injury in Practice, York Recalled

From Porty's Twitter:

Quote:

Aportzline Aaron Portzline
#CBJ G Steve Mason sustained a head injury in morning skate when he was struck in mask by Rick Nash shot. G Allen York recalled from Springy

GoJackets1 11-21-2011 11:33 AM

Of course :shakehead

CBJSprague24 11-21-2011 11:36 AM

Bad break for Mase, but this means Sanford has to start tonight. :yo:

cbjgirl 11-21-2011 11:39 AM

I'm just wondering if it happened before or after the starting goal tender was posted in the locker room.

Arch City Zach 11-21-2011 11:44 AM

Too bad it's York that's coming up. I love the kid, bought one of his sticks, but he's not ready yet at all. Hopefully he's just up here as a back up and Sand-man is ready to make a lot of starts.

KeithBWhittington 11-21-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachACA (Post 39743023)
Too bad it's York that's coming up. I love the kid, bought one of his sticks, but he's not ready yet at all. Hopefully he's just up here as a back up and Sand-man is ready to make a lot of starts.

This will likely be what happens. Dekanich is probably still a few weeks away and unless Howson pulls the trigger on a trade for a goaltender, I expect them to ride Sanford until Dekanich or Mason is ready to go.

ca5150 11-21-2011 12:13 PM

Why was Mason slated to start tonight in the first place?? Sanford has played outstanding, the team has responded in front of him, why on earth would you mess with that chemistry??

mt-svk 11-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington (Post 39743673)
This will likely be what happens. Dekanich is probably still a few weeks away and unless Howson pulls the trigger on a trade for a goaltender, I expect them to ride Sanford until Dekanich or Mason is ready to go.

I would like to get a new g-man but it is enough difficult. Boston do not want to trade Rask, IMO Nucks Schneider not too or for too much value (IMO they would want our first round pick too and probably Moore plus top 6 player), do not forget Luongo is injured now... Enroth... IMO Sabres would want too much for him too... maybe we could ask Karlsson from Calgary for Brassard.

Back to Mason, it is a pity for Steve but sad is that his injury is lucky for a team.

Samkow 11-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ca5150 (Post 39744133)
Why was Mason slated to start tonight in the first place?? Sanford has played outstanding, the team has responded in front of him, why on earth would you mess with that chemistry??

I'm pretty sure Sanford was going to start the game even before Mason got hurt.

mt-svk 11-21-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 39744195)

Nobody know... remember when Garon played great and inspite of it Mason was in the net.

Ludicrous Speed 11-21-2011 12:19 PM

The human in me is sorry that Mason is hurt, but as a fan of this team, Mason does not belong in the NHL right now. Hopefully this just gives Sanford enough time to prove that he's more capable than Mase, and Steve recovers from this without long-term effects, returning as the full-time backup.

JacketsFanWest 11-21-2011 12:21 PM

The AHL's site just has York reassigned from Chicago (ECHL) to Springy today.

Also, I wonder if Mason will be willing to do a rehab assignment in Springy for a few weeks following his injury.
:)

TaketheCannoli 11-21-2011 12:29 PM

I hope this is a short term injury. I hope he gets well soon.

KeithBWhittington 11-21-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed (Post 39744337)
The human in me is sorry that Mason is hurt, but as a fan of this team, Mason does not belong in the NHL right now. Hopefully this just gives Sanford enough time to prove that he's more capable than Mase, and Steve recovers from this without long-term effects, returning as the full-time backup.

Of course. My sentiments exactly. Hope he's ok, but this certainly makes the situation in the net more clear in the short term, its Sanford going forward until further notice.

TaketheCannoli 11-21-2011 12:48 PM

I'm all for sending Mason to the minors and getting a goalie. Mason needs a re-set and the Jackets can't afford to depend on Sanford. Unfortunately, the best available goalies are Leclaire and Turco. Several teams are looking for goalies and no one seems to be offering them for trades. They are in such demand right now, that supposedly several teams have inquired about Antero Nittymaki, who is not expected to be available to play until mid-late December. Even then he's very iffy. His injured hip has been injured since 2008 in Philadelphia. I would be surprised if he ever fully recovers. That's how bad the state of the goalie market is today.

Sign Pazzy? :shakehead

Samkow 11-21-2011 01:18 PM

Doesn't matter if you're joking or not, wishing injury/making jokes is a step too far.

It's against the site rules. Do it again and you'll be infracted.

End of story.

blahblah 11-21-2011 01:23 PM

Once again... Hope you a speedy recovery Mason, I just don't hope for your speedy return to stopping pucks for the Jackets.

mt-svk 11-21-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 39746551)
Doesn't matter if you're joking or not, wishing injury/making jokes is a step too far.

End of story.

Nobody wishes him injury where you found it? We do not like Mase is injured only that he will not be in the net. Example I would like to see Mase well but not in the net.

Dr. Fire 11-21-2011 01:57 PM

Call me a pessimist. I give credit to Sanford for his last 2 starts, but the guy still does not give me the warm fuzzies.

Heck, maybe the guy becomes the second coming of Tim Thomas, and turns out to be a late bloomer, but the guy has never had much success at the NHL lvl. One good year for the Blues back in 05-06 (34 games), and a lot of time in the minors does not a career make.

It will be great to see his inspired play continue, and it isn't outside the realm of possibility, but it could also come crashing down around us.

I hope Mase has a speedy recovery, and continues to work on his game to get back to being the goalie we have all hoped he would be.

ca5150 11-21-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 39744195)

Thank God, initially it was reported he was playing because of the goal he was in for practice but they flip flopped them apparantely to get Sanford a little rest, thankfully it wasn't Sanford that Nash hit!! Best thing that could happen to this team is if Sanford plays almost every game until Dankevich comes back and he steps in as the back up and Mase rides the bus in the AHL for a "conditioning" stint

blahblah 11-21-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Fire (Post 39748001)
Call me a pessimist. I give credit to Sanford for his last 2 starts, but the guy still does not give me the warm fuzzies.

He's a serviceable backup. That's what we brought him in to do. Don't hold anything greater in the world of expectations and you'll be fine.

JacketsFanWest 11-21-2011 02:29 PM

The tragic end to Sanford and (Ma)son.

mt-svk 11-21-2011 02:52 PM

Dekanich, than Sanford... Mason cannot be exception so he injured too... :sarcasm:

FANonymous 11-21-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 39746551)

End of story.

Awwww, but I just saw this thread and I had a GOOD one too.

:(

At least this will give Mase some time away from the game. He's seemed overwhelmed most of the season and after he had a little break he came back looking much better, though it didn't last long.

CBJWennberg41 11-21-2011 03:11 PM

Bad News is we lost Mason for a few games.

Good News: He has sucked since his last injury/sickness. Maybe this will put him back on track? :sarcasm: