HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: First snow of the year in Montréal! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1036201)

ThaDevilGirl 11-22-2011 11:17 AM

First snow of the year in Montréal!
 
You probably heard about it already but Southern Quebec in particular is expecting its first 5 cm + of snow starting overnight. There's was also freezing rain expected late tonight but from what I've seen it should be mostly snow. I'm just making this thread to remind you to be careful on the roads tomorrow as the bulk of the snow will fall in the morning and people forget and Winter driving.


So be safe, and for those who like Winter, enjoy it! Hopefully it doesn't last long...

Seb 11-22-2011 11:27 AM

This should be a GDT

PunkinDrublic* 11-22-2011 11:29 AM

Yep and they are calling for 10 all weekend and 12 on Monday with rain ! Screw the snow !

Player 61 11-22-2011 11:30 AM

Skier & outdoor rink hockey player, love the change of seasons in Canada. Bring it on!!! ;)

Optimus Price 11-22-2011 11:31 AM

Oh the joy of living in a suburb. Can't wait for tomorrow morning. Gotta love la 15 Sud.

ThaDevilGirl 11-22-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Price (Post 39799451)
Oh the joy of living in a suburb. Can't wait for tomorrow morning. Gotta love la 15 Sud.

Ah yes, leave early :laugh:

Monctonscout 11-22-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 39798867)
You probably heard about it already but Southern Quebec in particular is expecting its first 5 cm + of snow starting overnight. There's was also freezing rain expected late tonight but from what I've seen it should be mostly snow. I'm just making this thread to remind you to be careful on the roads tomorrow as the bulk of the snow will fall in the morning and people forget and Winter driving.


So be safe, and for those who like Winter, enjoy it! Hopefully it doesn't last long...

That's nothing, Moncton is supposed to get 15-25 cm tomorrow afternoon. :cry:

HH 11-22-2011 11:44 AM

It's 5cm. Chillax

Player 61 11-22-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Price (Post 39799451)
Oh the joy of living in a suburb. Can't wait for tomorrow morning. Gotta love la 15 Sud.

Hear your pain, best part of the West-Island is almost everyone is in the Airline business. All local, almost never in City, only for concerts & Habs. ;)

Jack Bourdain 11-22-2011 11:48 AM

It snowed last Thursday in Saint-Leonard/Saint-Michel. I know because I got lost trying to get my way back home from the garage (where I had my winter tires put on, great timing).

Sorry I burst the bubble :(.

ThaDevilGirl 11-22-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain (Post 39800119)
It snowed last Thursday in Saint-Leonard/Saint-Michel. I know because I got lost trying to get my way back home from the garage (where I had my winter tires put on, great timing).

Sorry I burst the bubble :(.

Oh yes, I know but it's not the first accumulation of snow :p: Also I dislike winter.

Gary320 11-22-2011 11:55 AM

It's 5cm of probably snow rain. I dont think it's anything to worry about.. yet.

pine* 11-22-2011 11:55 AM




**** snow and freezing rain.

Weip 11-22-2011 12:06 PM

We got snow here in Sherbrooke Last thursday. I still don't have my winter tires :(

Moen is Gone 11-22-2011 12:08 PM

No snow yet here :(

Optimus Price 11-22-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs23 (Post 39799943)
Hear your pain, best part of the West-Island is almost everyone is in the Airline business. All local, almost never in City, only for concerts & Habs. ;)

Oh, when I worked as a student for the CBSA, I had to drive all the way from Boisbriand/Laval to Trudeau. Couldn't believe so many co-workers were living so far away, like St-Bruno and beyond. I was wishing I was living in the West-Island.

MasterDecoy 11-22-2011 12:32 PM

pictures? it's been a while since i've seen snow :(

McSorleyStick 11-22-2011 12:40 PM

What snow ?

Paul Dipietro 11-22-2011 12:42 PM

I was starting to think that I got that snow removal contract for nothing...

Analyzer 11-22-2011 02:38 PM

It won't stay.

Already snowed here and left...

Jigger77 11-22-2011 02:58 PM

Snow I have no issues with. It's that damn freezing rain. Not good for anything.

Paul Dipietro 11-22-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 39808385)
Snow I have no issues with. It's that damn freezing rain. Not good for anything.

Beautiful pictures? Ridiculous power outages that resulted in a mini baby-boom?

Jigger77 11-22-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro (Post 39808615)
Beautiful pictures? Ridiculous power outages that resulted in a mini baby-boom?

:laugh: I suppose. Watching people wipe out can be entertaining too I guess.

PricePkPatch 11-22-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 39799935)
It's 5cm. Chillax

It's the first of the year, so it's like a rehersal for the snow clearing utilities.

And it's BEFORE the mandatory snow tire date, always a bit more risky...

donghabs98 11-22-2011 04:17 PM

weather network says it's snowing here tomorrow


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.