HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Battlefield 3: Part IV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1036857)

Francesa 11-23-2011 05:48 AM

Battlefield 3: Part IV

Resume discussion

From prior thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 39836661)

Summation of patch changes

SolidSnakeUS 11-23-2011 05:55 AM

Kablargage.

Good video. Hate they didn't fix the flashlight and why in the hell would they nerf the Stinger?

CycloneLaunch 11-23-2011 06:09 AM

Yeah nerfing the stinger is pretty dumb

BeBen* 11-23-2011 06:15 AM

Yea that guy from the video basically describes everything i hate about this patch

See how many stinger rockets he fires? like holy **** wtf the flares are always off cooldown by the time you can shoot another why nerf the stingers...

SCAR nerf is just stupid, the whole point of the SCAR has always been to trade clip size for damage, now you get a ****** clip size and that's about it, if i play again i'll definitely go back to the A-91

My FPS went to **** since the patch, i have these weird lags, feels like mouse lag or something, the mouse gets ''stuck'' and it's kinda hard to move around, forget about winning a 1v1 CQC

Oh that and of course the fact they didn't even deliver on 99% of their promises

Oh and i'm pretty sure they didn't nerf the mobile AAs

MajorityRules 11-23-2011 08:06 AM

Restarting Origin was definitely my problem with the patch. Downloaded and installed right away.

I thought something was up with the SCAR when I used it last night. Just didn't seem to be working for me at all but I figured it was just me.

Oh and the flashlight is still just as damn bright in daylight.

Other than that, I didn't notice any significant changes.

LC 11-23-2011 09:42 AM

How would you know if the stinger got nerfed, it was 100% ineffective before the patch, how could you see it get worse?

Krishna 11-23-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC (Post 39840869)
How would you know if the stinger got nerfed, it was 100% ineffective before the patch, how could you see it get worse?

It was effective.. Just had to get past the flares.. Now, going by everyone else, its not even worth it to shoot down anything as they are too weak

Sovereign 11-23-2011 10:10 AM

Yeah, I don't see the logic to the stinger nerf.

nightfighter 11-23-2011 11:56 AM

I only played one round on metro and didn't notice anything different. Flash lights still pwn me. What's the point of this "patch" again?

Evil Ted 11-23-2011 12:45 PM

The range on all of the engies primary weapons has seemed to be reduced which is ****.

I May Be Wrong 11-23-2011 03:42 PM

I suck at this game.

BeBen* 11-23-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booootthh (Post 39854389)
I suck at this game.

Said it last thread, i'll say it again

There's so much more in this game than being able to take a gun and kill people with it, if it's not your cup of tea and can't be bothered to practice to get better at it, find something else to be a credit to your team

As for me well, i think i'm just gonna fly the chopper now, with the nerfs on the stinger they made the choppers even stronger

awesomo 11-23-2011 09:26 PM

so i dont think xbox got this patch, those lights are still pretty bright

still have to just fire at the bright light lol

nightfighter 11-23-2011 09:28 PM

Ok now for some reason when i go to play the game keeps reverting to windowed mode. I click on the screen to play and it skips back to windowed mode. Can't even get to the options menu to change my window mode to windowed. Seems like the BF3 window just won't keep the focus. WTF DICE!!!

LC 11-23-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomo (Post 39881849)
so i dont think xbox got this patch, those lights are still pretty bright

still have to just fire at the bright light lol

For a 169 MB patch it sure didn't do much.

awesomo 11-23-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC (Post 39882503)
For a 169 MB patch it sure didn't do much.

gg btw

you know why we lost that tunnel map game (like they had 5 guys left, we had a crazy comeback)? Because half the freaking team decided to try to shoot down a heli with their normal assault rifles.

There was this one guy wiping guys out who were too occupied with the heli lol

joe89 11-24-2011 04:04 PM

Started playing some conquest, but I'm terrible at playing the vehicles. Felt a bit inferior playing infantry at times there, tbh. I like rushing, but I'm not really into the Rush mode where enemies know where you're coming from, plus there are a ton of campers making rushing moot. Figured squad deathmatch would be great.. if I had two or three mates playing. So I've played mostly deathmatch where you play for yourself and I love it. 12v12 deathmatch is perfect and never gets boring.

They've made the game much better for us playing rifles and the balance is generally terrific. I've played Recon, Medic, Engineer and have had similar progress playing with every one of them. The scopes and overall damage, even on range, feels much better and balanced compared to bf2. You modify every weapon with the scopes and perks that suits your game which is good. Used to be hovering around a 1.1 k/d ratio in bf2 and bf2bc, in bf3 I'm up to 1.6 trending upwards.

LC 11-24-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomo (Post 39888763)
gg btw

you know why we lost that tunnel map game (like they had 5 guys left, we had a crazy comeback)? Because half the freaking team decided to try to shoot down a heli with their normal assault rifles.

There was this one guy wiping guys out who were too occupied with the heli lol

That was a frustrating game...

nightfighter 11-24-2011 06:52 PM

I just noticed this, but if you try to join a server that's full it will reserve a slot for you now until a space opens up. At least they got that right in the patch.

Evil Ted 11-24-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 39912983)
I just noticed this, but if you try to join a server that's full it will reserve a slot for you now until a space opens up. At least they got that right in the patch.

Thats been around since last patch on pc, I think it may depend on the server.

I've been playing a bit of hc since the scar nerf its alot of fun, it probably plays to my strengths better.

I also notice alot of empty servers, which probably has alot more to do with competition of games this year then this game being ****.

nightfighter 11-24-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 39915519)
Thats been around since last patch on pc, I think it may depend on the server.

I've been playing a bit of hc since the scar nerf its alot of fun, it probably plays to my strengths better.

I also notice alot of empty servers, which probably has alot more to do with competition of games this year then this game being ****.

Oh yeah? hmm I must not be very observant then lol And I think alot of the empty servers are from servers crashing/rebooting. I've notice lots of unstable servers after this latest patch.

BeBen* 11-25-2011 03:23 AM

30$ on Origin

http://store.origin.com/

sonticus 11-25-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC (Post 39840869)

I've gotten a good number of kills and many more Vehicle Disable points just by waiting. A lot of times the pilots will release the flares while I have a lock before I fire the missile, and that usually gives me time to get another lock and fire before their flares reload.

Sometimes when I'm out of rockets I like to lock onto them and watch them scramble to get away, it can give the pilots on my team a chance to get the upper hand if they're in a dog fight. One round when we were already winning handilly I held a lock on a chopper for upwards of a minute before they crashed from constantly climbing and descending trying to get away from me :naughty:

I haven't tried using them since the patch though.

CycloneLaunch 11-25-2011 05:00 AM

Anyone still playing in the PS3 platoon add me if you haven't.

Warref

joe89 11-25-2011 08:47 AM

I sent an application for the PC platoon. My nick is jompet, in case you wonder who that might be!