HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 Draft Sliders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1038419)

Aaron Vickers 11-25-2011 10:47 AM

2012 Draft Sliders

FC's scouting director Dan Stewart has put together a little piece on players who have failed to impress as we near December. Most teams have played upwards of 20 games, which offers enough of a sample size as to who has impressed and who has slumped to start the season.

Nick Ebert is an example of a slider. He hasn't performed up to expectations this season. Here are others who has us wanting more:
http://futureconsiderations.ca/eligi...raft-rankings/

Which begs the question. Who has disappointed you this season?

Lier X Agerate 11-25-2011 10:53 AM

I was going to say Mathew Campagna but they already mentioned him.

Slippy 11-25-2011 11:36 AM

Was hoping to see a bit more from Luca Ciampini. Hasn't been bad, but...

R S 11-25-2011 12:26 PM

Was hoping for a WHL name or two who have disappointed!

Grigo25* 11-25-2011 01:18 PM

what i always wonder. LHNers have off years. Can same be said bout prospect or do they always heff to improve year by year

zjh 11-25-2011 02:24 PM

Jaynen Rissling

DangerMan 11-25-2011 05:04 PM

Troy Bourke.

IkeaMonkey* 11-25-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grigo25 (Post 39933399)
what i always wonder. LHNers have off years. Can same be said bout prospect or do they always heff to improve year by year

IMO Both...but only if that prospect has a BUNCH of raw skills. A scorer with some "good" skills, needs to constantly be producing to keep people's interest.

A player with amazing skating, hands and hockey sense might just get into a slump and that might not entirely be his fault.

S E P H 11-25-2011 06:18 PM

I love you Aaron for bolding the names. <3

DanStewartFC 11-25-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjh (Post 39936639)
Jaynen Rissling

Bingo!

Heavy boots, lack of lateral mobility and limited off. upside still holding him back IMO.

Aaron Vickers 11-26-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 39952845)
I love you Aaron for bolding the names. <3

I could only ignore you guys who were requesting it for so long! :P

ottawah 11-27-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers (Post 39928301)
FC's scouting director Dan Stewart has put together a little piece on players who have failed to impress as we near December. Most teams have played upwards of 20 games, which offers enough of a sample size as to who has impressed and who has slumped to start the season.

Nick Ebert is an example of a slider. He hasn't performed up to expectations this season. Here are others who has us wanting more:
http://futureconsiderations.ca/eligi...raft-rankings/

Which begs the question. Who has disappointed you this season?

Ebert easily top on the list. I thought with Ellis gone he would be the guy to step up and take on that role. It may be a case of a player believing his own hype (other people quotes not mine) and his language in interviews seems to echo that. Hopefully the latest rankings will make him realize he has to take more responsibility for his own play.

I also expected more out of Murray, but he has had a shortened season, and that may explain his average start. Its not that he is playing bad, but when everyone is expecting all world best D man Neidermeyer type, and he comes out something less than that, its still a disappointment. Maybe its because my expectations were too high.

Reinhart. I really thought he would be in a position to shine this year, and from all reports has been average at best.

I was not as high on some of the forwards as others were, so their start is not really a disappointment to me. Perhaps too much emphasis was put on a short tourney or NHL R&D camp where game play does not come into it as much. Its much easier to shine in drills and an all star type team than it is to slog it out night in and out over a long season in game time situations where your team may have a number of holes/roles you are expected to fill. Its still 17 yr old kids out there, we are probably expecting too much.

Ward Cornell 11-27-2011 08:37 PM

A cpl points regarding Andreas Athanasiou and Matia Marcantuoni.
IMHO Athanasiou should never have been considered 1st round material, he had a very average first season but then shone well over a 2 week period which really got ppl thinking too highly of him.
As for Marcantuoni, he's suffered two concussions in about 2 months time and then he was slow out of the gate. He had about 2 good weeks with production until he wonked his shoulder. Like noted tons of potential but he does need to remain healthy. Once he's healthy he'll start to climb back up the rankings.

Jabba11 11-27-2011 08:51 PM

Matia Marcantuoni

mbowman 11-27-2011 08:52 PM

came to this thread hoping for pictures of mini burgers...

needless to say I was disappointed

Aaron Vickers 12-02-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward Cornell (Post 40059261)
IMHO Athanasiou should never have been considered 1st round material, he had a very average first season but then shone well over a 2 week period which really got ppl thinking too highly of him.

That's a good point. The problem with the Hlinka is it is the first chance to view prospects after a summer of development and in the gym.

A guy who delivers in the Hlinka can give the impression he's taken a step since the last time he's been on the ice. At the same time, it could just be a hot streak.

Athanasiou was a hot streak, it appears.

seafoam 12-02-2011 03:42 PM

Frk? if you count that as a slider???:dunno:

firstroundbust 12-03-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbowman (Post 40060067)
came to this thread hoping for pictures of mini burgers...

needless to say I was disappointed

http://appetizerstore.com/images/bac...rger%202x2.jpg

All we do at Future Considerations is deliver the goods.

Jason MacIsaac 12-04-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaStromey (Post 40322029)
Frk? if you count that as a slider???:dunno:

Anyone who has battled a concussion for 3 and a half months is a slider. Huge red flags moving forward.