HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who is the worst defenseman on this team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1039621)

Top 6 Spaling 11-26-2011 08:00 PM

Who is the worst defenseman on this team?

Take your pick. As of today, who is the worst?

I Will Son 11-26-2011 08:11 PM

Hillen Klein and Laakso

Top 6 Spaling 11-26-2011 08:16 PM

i think it's Klein, and its not even close. Then again, he's my personal whipping boy.

Everlong 11-26-2011 09:08 PM

Between Klein and Laakso for me, but I'm giving this prestigious award to Laakso. Klein atleast blocks shots.

Viqsi 11-26-2011 09:28 PM

Boullion was making me cringe a few times today, but that's too small a sample size to be fair. I also continue to (perhaps irrationally) support Klein. :)

Fortheloveofthegame 11-26-2011 09:49 PM

Klein, hands down

Drake744 11-27-2011 02:38 AM

The results of this thread are going no less than exactly how I pictured.

Legionnaire11 11-27-2011 11:50 AM

It's clearly Laakso. And Klein should be nowhere near the leader.

zellthemedic 11-27-2011 12:12 PM

I'm gonna say our worst defenseman is probably McGrattan.

Drake744 11-27-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zellthemedic (Post 40036215)
I'm gonna say our worst defenseman is probably McGrattan.

He's a forward.....unless you were joking.

NoNecksCurse 11-27-2011 12:38 PM

its laakso, blum, then klein and boullion are tied for third to me.. IMO although on a good defense corps I think klein would be the #5 .. which shows alot about where our defense is.

cleangene 11-27-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 40007789)
Take your pick. As of today, who is the worst?

The way this team has played, I think it would be proper just to stop at the period of the above sentence.

I Will Son 11-27-2011 04:04 PM

haha dryden voted for Suter. Nice!

29dryden29 11-27-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 40045257)
haha dryden voted for Suter. Nice!

:laugh: I was debating between him and Weber but Weber is a countryman so I gave my vote to Suter lol.

zellthemedic 11-27-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 40036897)
He's a forward.....unless you were joking.

Yeah, I was joking. I voted Klein.

Horse 11-28-2011 12:01 AM

How does Blum look? I notice nobody voted for him.
One of my favourite all time Giants , I hope he's doing well.

Roman Yoshi 11-28-2011 08:43 AM

Obviously Laakso, but Hillen and Klein aren't too far behind.

triggrman 11-28-2011 10:02 AM

Laakso doesn't play so can't judge him. Hillen is the guy with the least amount of talent and tools followed by Boullion. Klein is the most disappointing though. He was supposed to take that next step and has actually regressed.

NoNecksCurse 11-28-2011 11:13 AM

****, I forgot about hillen lol.... nevermind they all suck the same haha.

preds1 11-28-2011 11:17 AM

I would've voted if there was an option titled "All The Above Except Suter".

dulzhok 11-28-2011 11:41 AM

This is unfortunate. Our 'amazing ability' to draft D is proving to only be decent.

Suter was a good pick- but so were 25 other players in the 2003 1st rd draft class-- it was a no lose drafting class. So our amazing ability to draft D comes down to the Weber pick, which obvious was the home run of our drafting record in 13 years (along with Rinne).

All these other highly touted guys- Franson, Klein, Laakso, Ekholm, Suzler, Josi, etc are still either extremely raw/unproven, or unable to play at a consistent level. Blum may be the next closest hit, but he's still raw. Who the heck knows how Ellis will play at the NHL level?-- he's several years away from being an impact player in the NHL, if ever.

Letting Zanon walk at a bargain price was one of our worst moves on the defense end. This also meant keeping Hamhuis and not cashing in on his value before he walked.

SOB had some frustrating flaws in his game, but the bottom line is he is better than Hillen/Laakso/Klein at this point. Another cheap guy we let walk. The idea was that Klein/Laakso/Hillen was going to be an upgrade, but they have been a downgrade at this stage.

glenngineer 11-28-2011 12:22 PM

This thread makes me laugh.

triggrman 11-28-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 40083765)
This thread makes me laugh.

Why? Do you not think defense is our main problem right now?

gopreds19 11-28-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 40093255)

I think it's funny that no one has voted for Blum, but there are votes for Weber and Suter. Lately, it seems that our forwards are the problem. Not one of them not named Tootoo has scored in like 4 games...

glenngineer 11-28-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 40093255)

I think it's funny that we can find a way to bash one or two guys when it's a team game. The overall D of the team is not where it needs to be. To single out one player at this point is silly. It gives us something to do and to vent about but do you think Trotz sits in meetings and at practice and goes, Klein, Hillen, Bouillion, you've really been sucking, it's time to pick it up?

I remember a play last week where Klein was on the boards in the neutral zone manning up with someone and Cube comes to help him out, leaving Hemsky wide open in the middle of the ice accepting a pass and walking in on Pekka and roofing one. For a vet to make that sort of play is unacceptable. People then see Klein with a -1 for the play and bash him when he's made the right play.

There are tons of stats that show off what we want to see. We aren't winning right now and the only stat that hasn't gotten better in over 10 days now is the amount of points the team has. That needs to start going up and soon.

I think some around here have to take a look at what they're asking for. Take Klein out of the lineup and think about what that does to our D. Does it make it better or worse? The reason Klein looked good at the end of the year was Blum was a good PMD and they clicked. For whatever reason, they have been separated but looked like pooh before they were so the growth we both thought they'd have this year isn't happening. Josi goes down in camp with a concussion and we thought he might step in and do the job. Well, until the other night, he was not around. Is he an answer or part of the solution, who knows at this point but Laakso and Ekholm haven't been the answer, that's for sure. Cube is not the same player he was the last few years for us.

Klein needs a good PMD with him to be effective. Much like Weber, he is not that great with the puck. Granted, Weber is better than him but Suter is the main puck handler. Get Klein a good PMD and I bet a lot of this discussion isn't even happening. If Poile and Trotz believed Josi was the guy to pair with him, we were unlucky with the injury. Maybe we'll get a chance to see them tonight as a pairing. Maybe Hillen moves up and plays with Klein and Josi and Blum are paired together.

With all the depth we have back there, something has got to work. If it doesn't, some moves need to be made. We may have to give up one of Josi, Ellis or Blum to land us a guy that can play now. Then again, I bet Poile and Trotz wait around to see if some of these guys develop.