HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Proposal: Opinion: I would love to see Boudreau on the leafs coaching team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1040909)

goonx 11-28-2011 10:31 AM

Opinion: I would love to see Boudreau on the leafs coaching team

Hey guys,

Just putting this out there:

I'm a ovechkin fan (also a leafs fan) and followed the caps pretty closely for the last two years. I would LOVE to see boudreau behind the maple leafs bench.

Not to cast a shadow over Ron Wilson's success this year, but i think boudreau is an excellent player's coach and has had huge success despite this year. He has a great personality and if the leafs were able to sign up for a job, he'll be a huge asset for our future.

topched 11-28-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonx (Post 40078877)
Hey guys,

Just putting this out there:

I'm a ovechkin fan (also a leafs fan) and followed the caps pretty closely for the last two years. I would LOVE to see boudreau behind the maple leafs bench.

Not to cast a shadow over Ron Wilson's success this year, but i think boudreau is an excellent player's coach and has had huge success despite this year. He has a great personality and if the leafs were able to sign up for a job, he'll be a huge asset for our future.

I think Boudreau is going to be interviewed for every single head coaching job until he's hired.

Guy's a great coach theres no secret about that, things got stale in Washington and I think that had much more to do with the players than it did with the coaching. Scapegoat in that situation.

Boudreau is going to have a job before the 2011/2012 season is over, and he doesn't need to sign on as an assistant in T.O.

bobbyflex 11-28-2011 10:36 AM

i can't stand Boudreau

edwardslane 11-28-2011 10:36 AM

the leafs can't just hire a coach like they do extra Gm's to help scout and talk to other Gm's

Ron wilson has his coaching staff so unless they falter and someone gets fired it's out of the question.

Itwas only a matter of time before this was mentioned now that's he's fired. But you're right he's a good coach that had the Russians give up on him and push him out of town.. Some will say whatever but i firmly beleive this. He lost the room. He benched Ovechkin and Semin a few times.. deservedly so and instead of respond it gave the opposite effect..

Pi 11-28-2011 10:36 AM

Replacing Ron Wilson with a coach who failed to take his star powered team to the 3rd round of the playoffs?

At least Wilson took the Caps to the SCF without generational talent that is going to waste. No thanks.

I don't like Ron Wilson much but I have to admit the Leafs are a very exciting team to watch and now both our specialty teams are clicking. If he doesn't get fired after 3 years of missing the playoffs, he sure as hell doesn't get fired after he has us leading the division.

ACC1224 11-28-2011 10:37 AM

Don't know how much he makes but I doubt the Leafs would better it just to add another Coach.

Boudreau could learn a lot from Wilson that may help him in his next job.

thebluemachine* 11-28-2011 10:38 AM

My best guess is Boudreau takes over as Anaheim's head coach.

Chandrashekhar Limit 11-28-2011 10:38 AM

RW and BB would combine to give the worst motivational speeches ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQyEJpPSLdQ

Warning: Lots of F bombs.

****ing Hanta ****ing Yo!

HockeyNightInBelfast 11-28-2011 10:40 AM

With Hunter now the coach of Washington, did a certain Leafs prospect not develop under him at London for a good few years? :sarcasm:

Cue speculation

416Leafer 11-28-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernicious (Post 40079147)
My best guess is Boudreau takes over as Anaheim's head coach.

If that's the case then give us Randy Carlyle... That's actually a good question, what do people think about Carlyle as a coach?

Ron Wilson is doing a pretty good job at the moment actually, first in the division, second in the conference, one of the top ranked power players. I still want to see that PK ranked 10+ positions higher and the GAA drop quite a bit though.

pspot 11-28-2011 10:47 AM

**** no, all the leafs media needs is a loud mouth like him

I always thought Muller was the perfect coach for the young team to grow with and could handle the media

Jatt 11-28-2011 10:50 AM

I figure Boudreau is targeting a job in Buffalo.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3qPuWKA8QW...0/boudreau.jpg

Edgeworth* 11-28-2011 10:57 AM

No way Boudreau takes an assistant coaching job. He's still one of the best coaches in the league, easily top 10. Will probably just wait for another firing before hopping to another Head Coaching job.

(And he did take the Caps to the 3rd round of the playoffs before they choked their 3-1 lead away)

Koolboss 11-28-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture Vulture (Post 40079265)
With Hunter now the coach of Washington, did a certain Leafs prospect not develop under him at London for a good few years? :sarcasm:

Cue speculation

I was thinking the same - IMO RW failed 3yrs straight with 3 different looking teams in Toronto so yeah I personally think I would have done a better job than RW if I had the chance (joke)

That Certain Leaf prospect will look good in the CAPS jersey -

AStanley 11-28-2011 11:06 AM

When Boudreau was a player up with the Leafs, Sittler chastized him for not practising harder and to improve his conditioning, if he hoped to be an NHL player.

The Mentalist 11-28-2011 11:07 AM

I like Gabby, but at this time I am more worried about losing Eakins if more coaches get canned.

Bravid Nonahan 11-28-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jatt (Post 40079703)
I figure Boudreau is targeting a job in Buffalo.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3qPuWKA8QW...0/boudreau.jpg

If Lindy Ruff gets fired from Buffalo I will cry tears of joy

niroopg* 11-28-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 40079945)
No way Boudreau takes an assistant coaching job. He's still one of the best coaches in the league, easily top 10. Will probably just wait for another firing before hopping to another Head Coaching job.

(And he did take the Caps to the 3rd round of the playoffs before they choked their 3-1 lead away)

Bruce Boudreau is not a top 10 coach in the league. He is a guy who developed a winning record through riding the offensive power of his line up. When he actually tried to coach, he not only destroyed that high powered system, he put in a defensive system that does not function given their personnel.

Above else, teams don't respond to F bombs. They need consistency, a steady personality, a level head, calm and a system implemented that compliments the player personnel.

BB yells, screams, switched from a players' coach to dictator, lost the respect of his players, put in a system that makes no sense given the personnel. Losing the favor of Ovechkin was the end of the line.

643DP 11-28-2011 11:16 AM

There is a vacant Head Coaching position that just opened up in Carolina....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...s-mauricefired

tp71 11-28-2011 11:24 AM

I don't ever want to see that man behind the Leafs bench. He is not a good coach. Don't let his record fool you.

Semantics 11-28-2011 11:25 AM

No thanks. Boudreau is an awful coach. I don't know how anyone could think he's any good after watching 24/7.

Mansfield 11-28-2011 11:33 AM

Not a fan.

topched 11-28-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 643DP (Post 40080843)
There is a vacant Head Coaching position that just opened up in Carolina....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...s-mauricefired

That already got filled by Kirk Muller...

Woll Smoth 11-28-2011 11:45 AM

If BB comes to coach the Leafs it'll drop the chance of Ovie requesting a trade to the Leafs from 99% to 0.

No thanks.

:sarcasm:

wandering goat 11-28-2011 12:03 PM

I think I'd rather keep Wilson than go for Boudreau.