HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Skate size comparison (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1041321)

Razzmatazz 11-28-2011 06:13 PM

Skate size comparison
 
I was considering getting Easton EQ5s, and I was wondering what size I should get, if I'm of going from a Reebok 9 wide Sr. I was told Eastons are wide skates, should I go with the D instead of EE?

Ribosome 11-28-2011 06:27 PM

I'm assuming you're planning on buying some skates online. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT buy skates online.

Safer to go to your local store and try 'em all on. Then come home and buy them online if you so desire.

AIREAYE 11-28-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribosome (Post 40099273)
I'm assuming you're planning on buying some skates online. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT buy skates online.

Safer to go to your local store and try 'em all on. Then come home and buy them online if you so desire.

Double post, my bad.

AIREAYE 11-28-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribosome (Post 40099273)
I'm assuming you're planning on buying some skates online. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT buy skates online.

Safer to go to your local store and try 'em all on. Then come home and buy them online if you so desire.

Why not just buy from the store? The store will have taken time and effort to properly fit you and provide heat moulding and sharpening services on top of that as well. Don't deny them the credit and just buy from the store, it'll save you the money.

The Synergies and Reeboks fit very differently. The EQ5 wouldn't be as wide as Reebok first of all, and chances are that if you fit perfectly into Reebok, you wouldn't like the ankle padding in the EQ5s. You also might need to move up a half size in Eastons since they seem to size a bit differently as well.

Kulluminati 11-28-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 40100595)
Why not just buy from the store? The store will have taken time and effort to properly fit you and provide heat moulding and sharpening services on top of that as well. Don't deny them the credit and just buy from the store, it'll save you the money.

The Synergies and Reeboks fit very differently. The EQ5 wouldn't be as wide as Reebok first of all, and chances are that if you fit perfectly into Reebok, you wouldn't like the ankle padding in the EQ5s. You also might need to move up a half size in Eastons since they seem to size a bit differently as well.

Unfortunately for stores, you can find skates and equipment in general to be far cheaper online than in stores. Usually with brand new equipment the price differential is not huge, I bought the Vapor APX stick for $240 online and it goes for $300+tax in stores. With older equipment, online stores tend to put it on clearance, the OP suggested buying the EQ5's and their on hockeymonkey clearance for $200 and I saw them at ProHockeyLife for $450+tax a few weeks ago. I wish stores sold stuff for the same price as online one's do.

AIREAYE 11-28-2011 07:28 PM

How about shipping? Baking? Sharpening? Valuable insight? The chance to use it right away? You get none of the aforementioned 4 when you buy online.

Simply put, don't waste someone's time at a store if all you're going to do is buy online. That's a reason why you don't see as many LHS' anymore and prices remain high.

Stickmata 11-28-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 40102307)
How about shipping? Baking? Sharpening? Valuable insight? The chance to use it right away? You get none of the aforementioned 4 when you buy online.

Simply put, don't waste someone's time at a store if all you're going to do is buy online. That's a reason why you don't see as many LHS' anymore and prices remain high.

This. Don't use the staff at your LHS and then buy online. It's hard enough for them to make a living these days without people wasting their time and using their resources.

Oh and buying skates online is not a good idea unless there is no competent LHS that can fit you properly. Penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me.

Kulluminati 11-28-2011 07:48 PM

Yea the frustration from the LHS's point of view is very understandable however from a consumer stand point who's trying to save money which ever way he/she can, you can't blame em' for doing so.

Razzmatazz 11-28-2011 08:29 PM

Sorry, double post

Razzmatazz 11-28-2011 08:33 PM

The proshop here has enough of my money...I'm trying to save $400. Are the 9D Eastons the same as the 9D Reeboks?

kr580 11-28-2011 08:59 PM

Does anyone have any opinions on the fit like OP was asking for? ;)

AIREAYE 11-28-2011 09:10 PM

If you guys read, then my answer was posted

Kulluminati 11-28-2011 09:14 PM

http://www.icewarehouse.com/icesizechart.html

thats all i can offer, sorry.

Razzmatazz 11-28-2011 09:48 PM

Sorry AIREAYE, thanks for the advice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.