HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Proposal: The Official Trade Proposal Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1041883)

Zip15 11-29-2011 11:50 AM

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

A lot of other teams' boards have a thread like this, so I figured we should have a thread devoted to all of our crazy trade proposals--the good, the bad, and the sometimes very ugly--rather than frequently derailing our other threads. As we hear of more guys who could be on the move, come in here and make your real or fantasyland proposals.

Mods, feel free to sticky or not.

---------

Bobby Ryan ($5.1m)

for

Andrej Sekera ($2.75m)
Drew Stafford (4.0m)
CGY 2012 2nd rounder (currently #35)

Jame 11-29-2011 12:00 PM

Is Sekera and a high 2nd rounder really worth the upgrade from Stafford to Ryan, and investing more cap dollars in our deepest position?

Sekera is such a bargain too...

BackGroundMusic 11-29-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40132651)
Is Sekera and a high 2nd rounder really worth the upgrade from Stafford to Ryan, and investing more cap dollars in our deepest position?

Sekera is such a bargain too...

Yeah, I'm not feeling it either.

mgeise 11-29-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 40132233)
A lot of other teams' boards have a thread like this, so I figured we should have a thread devoted to all of our crazy trade proposals--the good, the bad, and the sometimes very ugly--rather than frequently derailing our other threads. As we hear of more guys who could be on the move, come in here and make your real or fantasyland proposals.

---------

Bobby Ryan ($5.1m)

for

Andrej Sekera ($2.75m)
Drew Stafford (4.0m)

I don't think I'd do that deal with Sekera involved. I would love to bring in Bobby Ryan, but I expect Sekera to be a top-pairing defenseman in his prime and he is signed to a very reasonable deal for what he brings right now. I wouldn't mind doing a deal based around Stafford and Ennis for Ryan. I'm not sure how the value would be balanced out, though.

struckbyaparkedcar 11-29-2011 12:17 PM

Stafford is a solid base, I'd just add different assets. I'd also do the deal if we could get Gleason/Robidas on the relative cheap.

I'd also move Roy and take a chance at Ryan centering either Vanek/Pominville or Ennis/Stafford. Either tandem has shown that they can produce with a warm body, and Ryan's skillset would provide so much more. He's also been tried at center before, with a fair amount of success.

I know trading Roy goes against the "you need centers to win" school of thought, and it's not something I'd do lightly, but we've already shown we can make the playoffs without Derek, and we didn't exactly need him when we got there. In fact, we needed someone with Ryan's skillset far more when the Flyers sat on leads. I think the change in the complexion of the forwards would be worth it, even if it makes us temporarily worse down the middle.

drinking bleach irl 11-29-2011 12:19 PM

I wonder if Streit could be had from the Isles given their performance thus far...

joshjull 11-29-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems (Post 40133571)
I wonder if Streit could be had from the Isles given their performance thus far...

Why would you want to add another offensive dman to this lineup?

static80 11-29-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

---------

Bobby Ryan ($5.1m)

for

Andrej Sekera ($2.75m)
Drew Stafford (4.0m)

Very balanced proposal, I like it.
Gets Buffalo a consistent scorer and dumps a little salary back the other way.
Frees up a spot for the logjam of upcoming D men in the system as well.
Giving up the 2nd in a supposed deep draft class hurts a little, but, there is always the deadline and draft day itself to make amends if necessary.

It also gives a shake up to Anaheim and adds a much needed 3/4 d man to their roster.

Good proposal Zip.

Sabreality 11-29-2011 01:11 PM

I think we need to get out from under Staffords contract ASAP, I agree that he's a good starting point. Something along the lines of this would make me happy...

To Buffalo: C/RW Bryan Little ($2.383 thru 12/13 RFA)

To Winnipeg: RW Drew Stafford ($4.0 thru 14/13)

i think Little would be a great fit in our 'top 9' lineup, he's far better defensively than he gets credit for and has the offensive ability to keep up, his game could take off with the forward depth the Sabres employ imo. Inconsistency offensively has been an issue, but it's not like he's had a ton to work with as far as playing with offensive wingers in their primes (Kovy excluded).

Peg has flexibility at C with Antro, Burmi, Wellwood, Slater, Scheifele & Cormier on the way and could use a more stable RW going forward than Wellwood, Wheeler & Fehr.

not sure they'd bite, but thats the kind of young player with 'upside' i'd like to see him moved for, unless we're talking rental like Ruutu or a larger package for a Berglund type.

WhoIsJimBob 11-29-2011 01:12 PM

One blog post I read on the Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan said that the Ducks need a kingpin defenseman and wondered if the Ducks would call up the Preds about a Ryan for Weber or Suter type deal.

If that is the return the Ducks want for Ryan, then the Sabres are out because you know they aren't parting with Myers and he's the Sabres' kingpin defenseman.

I'd do this:

To the Ducks:

Leopold ($3.0M UFA in '13)
Stafford ($4.0M UFA in '15)
Biega
Sabres 2nd in 2012

To the Sabres:
Ryan ($5.1M UFA in '15)
Brookbank ($750k UFA in '12)

Zman5778 11-29-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

---------

Bobby Ryan ($5.1m)

for

Andrej Sekera ($2.75m)
Drew Stafford (4.0m)

Problem is, Ducks are currently operating on a strict budget and won't want to take in any more dollars than they trade out.

Plus, rumor has it that if they take a Dman, they want him to be of the physical sort.

I wonder if Stafford + Weber + pick might interest them?

drinking bleach irl 11-29-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 40135931)
Why would you want to add another offensive dman to this lineup?

He's an offensive defenseman that's better than most of them defensively :laugh:.

nEaLB4ZoD 11-29-2011 01:19 PM

I think it would be very tough to get Ryan without giving up Adam. Which at this point I don't know if I am willing to. Very good young center with size who is getting better.... Ennis I could lose but Adam could end up being a big piece of the core.

gallagt01 11-29-2011 02:15 PM

If Bobby Ryan is really being shopped, then you go ****ing get him Darcy. Absolutely.

Ryan is the kind of player our top 6 has coveted for a while now. He's big, he scores, and he's physical.

Ryan >>> Stafford.

Trading for Ryan would mark a culture change and make this team instantly better.

Stafford, Ennis, Weber for Ryan and a pick.

I don't want to hear that it would be bad for our future to give up those assets. Ryan makes us better now and in the future. He's 24 years old and has plenty of great years ahead.

With Boyes, Hecht, Goose set to become UFA, you have some spots to fill for next season. Spots I believe Tropp, Kassian, and maybe a free agent can plug.

This year, when healthy:

Vanek-Adam-Poms
Gerbe-Roy-Ryan
Leino-Hecht-Boyes
McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

Jame 11-29-2011 02:23 PM

Is it weird that I prefer to add Ennis to the Ryan package over Sekera ?

Whammer 11-29-2011 02:27 PM

To Anaheim

Miller (6.25m)
Stafford (4.0m)
Weber (950k) or McNabb (900k)
2012 2nd Round pick

To Buffalo

Hiller (4.5m)
Ryan (5.1m)

Anaheim takes on an additional million. If they are shedding salary then swap out Stafford with either Ennis or Adam.

Jame 11-29-2011 02:28 PM

ok, here's one for the crazy

Stafford, Boyes, Ennis, Sekera 11.625
for
Ryan, Koivu, Selanne 11.6

Vanek-Adam-Ryan
Hecht-Roy-Pominville
Leino-Koivu-Selanne (Fin Line!)
Gerbe-Goose-Kaleta

gallagt01 11-29-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40139531)

I'm the same way. Rej has been a rock for the most part. The only thing moving him accomplishes is cap relief. Losing him would make our defense worse IMO.

I'm a big Ennis fan. Good player, but if moving him brings in a player like Ryan, something our team sorely lacks, then good riddance.

thefifagod 11-29-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Not at all. Perhaps it's because I'm big on Rej too but I have no interest in trading him on that sweetheart contract for the next 4 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40139767)

for

Vanek-Adam-Ryan
Hecht-Roy-Pominville
Gerbe-Goose-Kaleta

Ducks will never trade Selanne and he has a full NMC anyways. Koivu also has a full NMC. I can't see getting both of them to waive them.

Sabreality 11-29-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

I absolutely agree with this...I've been on the Rej bandwagon for a long time and have always preached patience/big picture with him. I still dont think we've seen the best from him yet and at 27-29 he'll be even more valuable.

I dont want to include him as an 'add-on', because I believe he's worth far more than that in the long run.

Jame 11-29-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefifagod (Post 40140295)
Not at all. Perhaps it's because I'm big on Rej too but I have no interest in trading him on that sweetheart contract for the next 4 years.

Ducks will never trade Selanne and he has a full NMC anyways. Koivu also has a full NMC. I can't see getting both of them to waive them.

I'm aware...

maybe they'd both waive to go to a [ahem...caugh]... contender... together... :laugh:

Jame 11-29-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabreality (Post 40140557)
I absolutely agree with this...I've been on the Rej bandwagon for a long time and have always preached patience/big picture with him. I still dont think we've seen the best from him yet and at 27-29 he'll be even more valuable.

I dont want to include him as an 'add-on', because I believe he's worth far more than that in the long run.

Patience is a skill I do not possess.

I was a HUGE Sekera fan as a 3rd rounder. I was a huge fan during his early opportunities in Buffalo... then I hated him after his mental breakdown/self removal from lineup during late season run at a playoff spot. Then I was very high on him again.... then towards the end of 09-10 season I was very disappointed... then at the end of 10-11 when paired with Myers I fell in love again...

:laugh:

sba 11-29-2011 02:51 PM

Any Stafford+ for Ryan deal needs to have us shedding about 750K cap.

Jame 11-29-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sba (Post 40140923)
Any Stafford+ for Ryan deal needs to have us shedding about 750K cap.

I think I'd do :
Stafford and Ennis for Ryan

I like the idea that it creates a spot to be battled for (Kassian, Tropp)

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
Gerbe-Roy-Ryan
Leino-Adam-Boyes/Kassian
Kaleta-Goose-McCormick/Tropp/Kassian

AlexanderMogilny89 11-29-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40139767)

for

Vanek-Adam-Ryan
Hecht-Roy-Pominville
Gerbe-Goose-Kaleta

This right here ^^^^^. Can you say Stanley Cup? Make the move!;)