HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Proposal: Buffalo-Detroit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1042571)

dkollidas 11-29-2011 11:19 PM

Buffalo-Detroit

Just wondering if this is relatively equal from a value standpoint for both clubs. Not actually wondering if either team would make the trade, just if the value is relatively equal.

To Buffalo:

C/W- Henrik Zetterberg
G-Jimmy Howard

To Detroit:

C-Derek Roy
G-Ryan Miller

WingedWheel1987 11-29-2011 11:24 PM

I really doubt the Wings want to add a 6.25 million dollar goaltender.

The Zetterberg Era 11-29-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkollidas (Post 40175233)
Just wondering if this is relatively equal from a value standpoint for both clubs. Not actually wondering if either team would make the trade, just if the value is relatively equal.

To Buffalo:

C/W- Henrik Zetterberg
G-Jimmy Howard

To Detroit:

C-Derek Roy
G-Ryan Miller

I would want Buffalo to add a pick (doesn't have to be super high) or prospect (mid-level). But then I would do this deal. I don't trust Hank's back moving forward, we would still have plenty of money to play with come this off-season. I love Hank, but we might have to admit he might not age very well and his contract could become a major issue at the end of his days. I think he is the future captain, but this is great return. Roy and then Helm would present a lot of nightmare speed match ups for other teams. Don't love a goalie making 6.25 million but if we are going to have one he is really the only one I would ever consider.

crashman 11-30-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 (Post 40175583)
I really doubt the Wings want to add a 6.25 million dollar goaltender.

...that may not be any better than Jimmy Howard.

Yeah, I said it.

WingedWheel1987 11-30-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wingman (Post 40180443)
...that may not be any better than Jimmy Howard.

Yeah, I said it.

I am gonna give Miller the benefit of the doubt, but i still dont feel like he is worth 6.25 million dollars even when he is playing well.

Xvash2 11-30-2011 01:40 AM

Ryan Miller has been subpar this season. Jimmy Howard has been outstanding. Howard has a $2.5 mil contract, Miller a 6.25 mil. Only NHL 12 logic would let this trade happen.

Bench 11-30-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xvash2 (Post 40181335)
Ryan Miller has been subpar this season. Jimmy Howard has been outstanding. Howard has a $2.5 mil contract, Miller a 6.25 mil. Only NHL 12 logic would let this trade happen.

Miller is a far more proven goaltender. Of course, goaltending is often about who's hot right now, and Howard has been one of the best in the NHL this season.

Lugaid 11-30-2011 05:14 AM

Skill-wise, the trade is quite fair, I would say, but the contracts are in Detroits favor for sure. Miller is a fantastic goalie, but on the other hand Detroit has the curse of turning great goaltenders into subpar ones :sarcasm:

14ari13 11-30-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

To Buffalo:

C/W- Henrik Zetterberg
G-Jimmy Howard

To Detroit:

C-Derek Roy
G-Ryan Miller

Zetterberg>>>Roy
Howard>Miller this season.
Miller is much more expensive than Howard, while Howard is better this season and might turn out to be better.
So this trade proposal is just terrible for the Wings. Holland would lough at this proposal. This looks more like a joke.

GeneralOddball 11-30-2011 07:21 AM

Face it: Detroit will never trade Zetterberg.

sparr0w 11-30-2011 07:45 AM

I hope the Wings never pay a goalie more than $3-4M/yr. Makes no sense to blow that much cap money on a position that doesn't warrant it. The better the skaters are the less important the goalie becomes. And no matter how good a goalie is they can only do so much. If you look at that 6 game losing streak from earlier on, we'd have needed 5 shutouts and 1 goal allowed in the other game in order to win those. And even then one of those games would have had to be won in a shootout.

Kronwalled55 11-30-2011 09:11 AM

Howard has been better than Miller and costs way less, and I'd still take Zetterberg over Roy any day of the week. So no.

kuick 11-30-2011 09:38 AM

Change Roy to Vanek and add a 1st or top prospect from Detroit. :naughty:

babcockscowl 11-30-2011 09:58 AM

sorry, no to Diving Derek Roy and we already have Howard

needzmoarcleary 11-30-2011 11:24 AM

I wouldn't even think of trading Howard, kid has shown to be a good goalie and we aren't pay out the *** for him. No thanks, Z has been sub par but I'm not willing to part with Howard.

Big Poppa Puck 11-30-2011 11:34 AM

He asked if its fair value not if the Wings would do it.

I'd say its close. Zetterberg >> Roy and Miller >> Howard. BUT Howard is playing better than Miller THIS year plus Miller's cap hit is much higher and Zetterberg is probably more valuable to Detroit than he is to other teams.

At the moment Buffalo might have to add a pick(2nd?) or a prospect.

Either way neither team probably does this deal.

Harnessed in Slums 11-30-2011 11:52 AM

It's close in terms of value. Zetterberg is the better player compared to Roy. Miller is the better goaltender but Howard is the one true unknown in the deal. He's playing fantastic hockey right now and could be a clutch goaltender for the next 10 years. Or this year could be an aberration and Howard could come back down to earth in a season or two.

I don't like the trade from Detroit's perspective as Zetterberg brings other skills to the table when he's not scoring. Roy doesn't add much other than offense and he's undersized. I'm also really excited about Howard's future, he was a money goaltender in international tournaments and in college when he was an amateur and it looks like he's finally starting to become that next great goaltender for Detroit. Miller's proven but he's got a large cap hit and his having a rough season. There just seems to be less risk with Howard right now given his cap hit and career development.

So if I was Ken Holland I would not make this trade but I do think the value is close as far the players involved. It's just a deal that doesn't make much sense from Detroit's perspective. We need a top 6 winger and if we lose Z for Roy I just don't see Roy being able to replicate what Z does centering the second line. Val Filppula has also seen his offense drop off when he plays the pivot.

Marky9er 11-30-2011 12:07 PM

Miller=Zetterberg, franchise faces going through some injuries and tough times. Value wise, pretty lateral stuff at best for Detroit.

Flowah 11-30-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugaid (Post 40184331)
Skill-wise, the trade is quite fair, I would say, but the contracts are in Detroits favor for sure. Miller is a fantastic goalie, but on the other hand Detroit has the curse of turning great goaltenders into subpar ones :sarcasm:

And for a lot of people, turning subpar ones into statistically stellar goalies. :sarcasm:

Animus 11-30-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

To Buffalo:

C/W- Henrik Zetterberg
G-Jimmy Howard

To Detroit:

C-Derek Roy
G-Ryan Miller

Why would Detroit even trade for a goalie that's had two separate concussion's in the last two years?? Zetterberg is our next Captain, he isn't going anywhere...

HockeyBuddha 11-30-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ari13 (Post 40184373)
Zetterberg>>>Roy
Howard>Miller this season.
Miller is much more expensive than Howard, while Howard is better this season and might turn out to be better.
So this trade proposal is just terrible for the Wings. Holland would lough at this proposal. This looks more like a joke.

Thank You. I thought I was in la-la land for awhile :scared:

Yemack 11-30-2011 02:09 PM

how is this trade going to help Wings?

ProPAIN 11-30-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yemack (Post 40197389)
how is this trade going to help Wings?

It doesn't. The only player I want from Buffalo is Vanek. Even if that contract is a bit of a burden, he'd be a great addition to the team.

Stafford or Pominville could be useful second line wingers, but no way Zetterberg or Howard goes the other way for them.

We don't need Roy.

Flowah 11-30-2011 04:34 PM

Guys guys. This question was pretty explicit. It wasn't about whether or not Detroit would make the trade, or whether it was "good" for Detroit, just a question of value.

Is the value of Z/Howard about equivalent to the value of Roy/Miller? So if it's "lateral" that means, yeah, it's about equivalent.

The Zetterberg Era 11-30-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowah (Post 40203969)
Guys guys. This question was pretty explicit. It wasn't about whether or not Detroit would make the trade, or whether it was "good" for Detroit, just a question of value.

Is the value of Z/Howard about equivalent to the value of Roy/Miller? So if it's "lateral" that means, yeah, it's about equivalent.

I don't know that it is lateral right now. But if you believe Miller is just going through a swoon and will regain Vezina form it represents the kind of value both teams would expect. My opinion as stated before is the Sabres would have to throw something else in, but it is close. Are either Z or Miller really moveable to their respective franchises? I would think no.