HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Central Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Czech Republic: Prague visit next year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1043029)

Diskothek 11-30-2011 12:27 PM

Prague visit next year
 
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon which includes a 3 day visit to Prague. It will be early-mid October next year. We're both hockey fans and would like to see a game there if possible.

Is the Extraliga playing by then? And which of Pragues teams has a better arena to visit? Ticket prices?

We're also planning to visit both Vienna and Budapest. Not sure if their programs are worth checking out since Czech hockey is really top-tier. But if we could get cheap tickets that'd be fun to check out.

Czechexpert 11-30-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diskothek (Post 40195435)
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon which includes a 3 day visit to Prague. It will be early-mid October next year. We're both hockey fans and would like to see a game there if possible.

Is the Extraliga playing by then? And which of Pragues teams has a better arena to visit? Ticket prices?

We're also planning to visit both Vienna and Budapest. Not sure if their programs are worth checking out since Czech hockey is really top-tier. But if we could get cheap tickets that'd be fun to check out.

Extraleague will be in full action at that time. The question is if there is a game in Prague, there are two teams there, Slavia and Sparta Prague. Slavia plays in better arena.

Torsten S 12-08-2011 10:42 AM

Games are usually on Friday and Sunday and sometimes on Tuesday as well. So it should be possible, to visit a game during that time.

Slavia has a very modern multifunctional arena they play in but the older Sparta stadium is also not bad.

O2 Arena - Slavia

Tesla Arena - Sparta

Tickets are on sale online for Slavia, use o2arena.cz. Overview is czech, but after picking a game there, the booking works in english as well. Best seats available for CZK 260 / USD 14 this season.

Sparta offers only the possibility to order by phone or mail. All infos in english are here. First category for CZK 195 / USD 10 there.

Long time to go until next October. But I'm sure, you will enjoy your days there.

LaughingBeast 12-21-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torsten S (Post 40625165)
Slavia has a very modern multifunctional arena they play in but the older Sparta stadium is also not bad.

Slavia's arena is indeed very modern.But that doesn't equal good.U can find way better atmosphere even in 3rd tier league.Mainly coz it's too big.There simply isn't market to fill huge arena often and fans r kinda lost(like 2k in like 15k arena).Better visit Sparta's home game.Also,number of clubs is located near Prague and some them r famous for their atmosphere.For example U could easily visit Jagr's(who actually bought it and is president of) and Voracek's,Pavelec's,Plekanec's etc etc. home club Kladno.That's about 20miles roadtrip.Ugly city and arena but i'd rather visited game there anyday.After all to see how MOST of Czech arenas looks like could be more interesting itself.

Also if you're going to Wienna and Budapest,U can easily visit Plzen(its arena's one of top in Czechia) while traveling from Prague to Vienna or Brno on journey from Prague to Budapest.And these two clubs r on their peak of hockey fever last years.Definitely worth considering.Coz last years none of Prague's teams is even close to them in terms of atmosphere(especially Slavia).

Depends on your preferences and options of course.This is just what i'd suggested to anyone wanting to visit Czech hockey.If anything of it can fit into your honeymoon schedule and your tastes...that's up to you.

MBhockey1 01-16-2012 08:02 AM

Hi,

I am going to visit this year Prague 19.-22.2. and I would like to know if there are any Extraliga and/or junior games in the city that time?

Tatanik 01-16-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBhockey1 (Post 42568125)
Hi,

I am going to visit this year Prague 19.-22.2. and I would like to know if there are any Extraliga and/or junior games in the city that time?

Sparta vs Mlada Boleslav on the 19th
Slavia vs Liberec on the 21st.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.