HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Chris Botta: Ducks and Sabres Talking Trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1043067)

PanicItsVanek26 11-30-2011 12:47 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/chrisbottanhl

Chris Botta Writer of Metro Puck column for The NY Times: It may not lead to a Bobby Ryan deal, but I can confirm the Ducks and Sabres are discussing a possible trade.

Chainshot 11-30-2011 01:08 PM

Copied this out since it should have its own thread.

Ducks GM Murray and two scouts in the building last night, all sorts of rumors about Ryan, but if not him and not Miller, who then? Parros was the first thought, though it would be odd for them to acquire a hired gun now. Perhaps someone else?

struckbyaparkedcar 11-30-2011 01:11 PM

If not Ryan, you'd have to assume it would involve a defensemen.

Brookbank? Getting Loods back? Visnovsky?

Each has their own merits.

Myllz 11-30-2011 01:14 PM

Outside of the seemingly impossible (Getzlaf and Perry) and Bobby Ryan, there's only a couple guys on Anaheim that would intrigue me. Having Lydman back would be nice. It would also be cool to see Koivu in a Sabres uniform, but he's only signed through the rest of the season and at 37 I doubt he re-signs here, so I don't think he's involved.

gallagt01 11-30-2011 01:15 PM

I still think it's Ryan.

I don't want Parros. The guy's tough but I still think we need toughness in the top 6. That's not Parros.

New Sabres Captain 11-30-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 40197309)
Copied this out since it should have its own thread.

Ducks GM Murray and two scouts in the building last night, all sorts of rumors about Ryan, but if not him and not Miller, who then? Parros was the first thought, though it would be odd for them to acquire a hired gun now. Perhaps someone else?

Cogliano? I guess it depends on how set Regier feels at center.

It can't be anyone on defense, the Ducks need D-men and the Sabres have too many in the infirmary.

It could also be with one of our D-prospects.

Mergus merganser 11-30-2011 01:16 PM

As I said in the other thread, how often do we hear about a darcy deal that actually happens, BEFORE it actually happens?

Zman5778 11-30-2011 01:17 PM

Yeah, Botta is connected.

I believe it.


Wonder if it's a D-prospect for a forward prospect? Ducks have little depth at D prospect, but have forward prospect depth.

S319R11S16 11-30-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 40197489)
If not Ryan, you'd have to assume it would involve a defensemen.

Brookbank? Getting Loods back? Visnovsky?

Each has their own merits.

This crossed my mind.

joshjull 11-30-2011 01:19 PM

I wonder if this was why Kassian and McNabb were kept up. To give the Ducks' scouts a look.

S319R11S16 11-30-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 40197489)
If not Ryan, you'd have to assume it would involve a defensemen.

Brookbank? Getting Loods back? Visnovsky?

Each has their own merits.

Visnovsky has a cap hit of 5.6M through next year.
Loods has a cap hit of 3M through next year.
Brookbank 750K through this year and is a UFA at seasons end.

Kevin27nyi 11-30-2011 01:21 PM

Gragnani hasn't been that impressive and I was thinking him when I saw this, maybe for Brookbank and a pick?

Zman5778 11-30-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 40197887)
I wonder if this was why Kassian and McNabb were kept up. To give the Ducks' scouts a look.

Could be. And they'd be the type of guys needed to get Ryan.

Interesting.

Zip15 11-30-2011 01:21 PM

If not Ryan...Lydman back to town? Remember Terry's hyperbolic statement at the TBN meeting where he said last year's team "would have ten more wins" if they kept Hank and Toni. The Ducks are not a contender this season, and won't be next season, either, if they move Ryan this season. That'd mean they have less use for Lydman, who'd be UFA after next season. No clue who they'd want back, though.

BuzzKillington90 11-30-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin27NYI (Post 40197947)
Gragnani hasn't been that impressive and I was thinking him when I saw this, maybe for Brookbank and a pick?

I have to think that Ryan is the goal.....

a lateral move at this point is seemingly unnecessary, unless we clear cap space with it...and being that Anaheim is complaining about $$$....I doubt thats the case.

gallagt01 11-30-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergus merganser (Post 40197739)
As I said in the other thread, how often do we hear about a darcy deal that actually happens, BEFORE it actually happens?

Rarely, if ever. But why does that really matter?

Zip15 11-30-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergus merganser (Post 40197739)
As I said in the other thread, how often do we hear about a darcy deal that actually happens, BEFORE it actually happens?

Agreed. That doesn't mean Anaheim's people don't have loose lips.

S319R11S16 11-30-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 40197887)
I wonder if this was why Kassian and McNabb were kept up. To give the Ducks' scouts a look.

Kassian had a goal vs Washington... hopefully that's why.

McNabb over Brennan sticks out like a sore thumb to me and it has for a few days.

ImpressedDAHagent 11-30-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 40197887)
I wonder if this was why Kassian and McNabb were kept up. To give the Ducks' scouts a look.

I can't see them moving kassian for anything but an over payment.

I wouldn't be shocked if kaleta was traded. Sure it makes no sense, but he has a lot of value and we have reasonable depth at the position.

BuzzKillington90 11-30-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent (Post 40198169)
I can't see them moving kassian for anything but an over payment.

I wouldn't be shocked if kaleta was traded. Sure it makes no sense, but he has a lot of value and we have reasonable depth at the position.

Has a lotta value to who? Enforcer/Pests are a dime a dozen, and Kaleta isn't really of the scoring variety, tho he'll pocket his rare goal.

struckbyaparkedcar 11-30-2011 01:28 PM

If we're moving any of the 09 Draft Class, it better be as sweetener to shake up the Rochester Core.

The one thing I don't want to do with any deal is keep Roy/Stafford/Gaustad together while shipping out young assets.

S319R11S16 11-30-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 40198143)
Agreed. That doesn't mean Anaheim's people don't have loose lips.

Exactly.

Loose lips in Anaheim make Burke, Sather and Co. throw forth their best hand. Even if the deal isn't for Ryan... it makes them panic thinking that maybe it is.

ImpressedDAHagent 11-30-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 (Post 40198263)
Has a lotta value to who? Enforcer/Pests are a dime a dozen, and Kaleta isn't really of the scoring variety, tho he'll pocket his rare goal.



He might be my favorite forward penalty killer at the moment.

Chainshot 11-30-2011 01:30 PM

Brookbank or Parros seem to fit, capwise. The rest seem to be too pricey unless they're putting Leo or Rej or Stafford into things not named Ryan.

joshjull 11-30-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 40197987)
If not Ryan...Lydman back to town? Remember Terry's hyperbolic statement at the TBN meeting where he said last year's team "would have ten more wins" if they kept Hank and Toni. The Ducks are not a contender this season, and won't be next season, either, if they move Ryan this season. That'd mean they have less use for Lydman, who'd be UFA after next season. No clue who they'd want back, though.

With the first bolded in mind it may be McNabb.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.