HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   St Louis-Stamkos-Ryan? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1043309)

IdealisticSniper 11-30-2011 06:57 PM

St Louis-Stamkos-Ryan?
 
Apparently TB has shown interest in Bobby Ryan being available.

To what extent who knows but I dont know why we would be looking to get another top 6 guy. Would love to have him but would think we have bigger fish to fry no?

For fun, what would the return be I wonder? Cant be cheap. Purcell? Downie? Ashton? Connolly?

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnBorukCSN

Quote:

#Flyers not involved. #Rangers appear to be front runners. A deal "could" be completed by the end of the week. TB showing interest.

dbieon12 11-30-2011 07:09 PM

Why don't we get Ryan, Gagne, B. Richards?

Ryan
Gagne
Malone

Richards
St. Louis
Lecavalier

Downie
Stamkos
Connolly

X0X0A0 11-30-2011 07:13 PM

The only way I can see it making sense is if it's a 3 way deal with perhaps LA. That way the two teams lessen the negative PR of trading with each other. Something like...

LA Gets: Ryan. TB gets: Bernier: Anaheim gets: __________.

If we are just interested in Ryan I just don't get it.

IdealisticSniper 11-30-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickov (Post 40215351)
The only way I can see it making sense is if it's a 3 way deal with perhaps LA. That way the two teams lessen the negative PR of trading with each other. Something like...

LA Gets: Ryan. TB gets: Bernier: Anaheim gets: __________.

If we are just interested in Ryan I just don't get it.

What if its Ryan+a dman like Beauchimin for example. The return is going to be insane but what if Ryan is not the only piece coming back.

X0X0A0 11-30-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 40215539)
What if its Ryan+a dman like Beauchimin for example. The return is going to be insane but what if Ryan is not the only piece coming back.

The return for Ryan and Beauchemin would be so astronomical I wouldn't want to take the risk.

Doctor Drej 11-30-2011 09:13 PM

Ryan's a great player and is still young. In cases likes this, I wouldn't mind if Ashton had to go the other way. Ryan is a power forward himself.

But I won't get too excited. SFY would have to offer Ashton just to get Anaheim to listen. Didn't forsee us being in the discussions at all though.

IdealisticSniper 11-30-2011 09:15 PM

What about

Purcell
Downie
Ashton or Connolly
1st
(Maybe Clark)

for

Ryan
Beauchimin (or vishnovsky if hes healthy again)

Honestly Id take that deal I think. Ryan replaces Purcell and is an upgrade. We lose Downie and a great prospect but Vinny and Martys windows arent getting any bigger to win so Ryan accelerates that. Beauchimin would be the top 4 guy we need badly to move everyone down (hello pressbox Kubina). The 1st, if all goes well would be a high pick and we do have two seconds this year.

The Wyzerhood 11-30-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 40227039)
What about

Purcell
Downie
Ashton or Connolly
1st
(Maybe Clark)

for

Ryan
Beauchimin (or vishnovsky if hes healthy again)

Honestly Id take that deal I think. Ryan replaces Purcell and is an upgrade. We lose Downie and a great prospect but Vinny and Martys windows arent getting any bigger to win so Ryan accelerates that. Beauchimin would be the top 4 guy we need badly to move everyone down (hello pressbox Kubina). The 1st, if all goes well would be a high pick and we do have two seconds this year.

After watching Beauchemin play for almost 2 years in Toronto, I can rightfully say that I do not want him anywhere near Tampa's defence. We're slow enough as it is and we already have Kubina that commits enough brain farts in our own end.

I also see no reason for Anaheim to trade Ryan.

Doctor Drej 11-30-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 40227039)
What about

Purcell
Downie
Ashton or Connolly
1st
(Maybe Clark)

for

Ryan
Beauchimin (or vishnovsky if hes healthy again)

Honestly Id take that deal I think. Ryan replaces Purcell and is an upgrade. We lose Downie and a great prospect but Vinny and Martys windows arent getting any bigger to win so Ryan accelerates that. Beauchimin would be the top 4 guy we need badly to move everyone down (hello pressbox Kubina). The 1st, if all goes well would be a high pick and we do have two seconds this year.

That's a little too much, so no from me. I'd love to grab Visnovsky as well, but for that price I gotta pass. We're giving up a lot of youth there. Like I said I wouldn't mind dealing Ashton in this case, but not with Downie AND Purcell involved too.

Ashton
Panik or Shannon or Purcell
1st


for Ryan.

I'd be alright with that. Personally the only way I could possibly see we would get Ryan is if we gut the prospect pool a bit. Signing Conacher to a contract would help replace some of that and would make him available for call up (dude is ripping **** up in the AHL) too.

IdealisticSniper 11-30-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High (Post 40227541)
After watching Beauchemin play for almost 2 years in Toronto, I can rightfully say that I do not want him anywhere near Tampa's defence. We're slow enough as it is and we already have Kubina that commits enough brain farts in our own end.

I also see no reason for Anaheim to trade Ryan.

Well Ryan is getting trade. Thats about as close to a fact as you can get until it actually happens.

Also Beauchemin skates pretty well from everything Ive seen of him, and its been well documented his time in Toronto was an anomaly as he was great before and after being there. Hes better than Kubina, Clark, and Gervais.

I would be interested in Vishnovsky though if he was healthy again which I think he is.

TBLHoser 11-30-2011 09:29 PM

Not so sure about Beauchemin....he hasn't really been on a lot of good teams but for the most part he's been a minus player. Burke really pulled a fast one on the Ducks to get what he got in return. I was going to make a joke regarding if the Ducks remember we traded them Dan Ellis, but now I remember we got nothing back for him other than a salary dump.

Doctor Drej 11-30-2011 09:32 PM

Don't you talk **** about McElhinney!

TBLHoser 11-30-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Downie (Post 40228507)
Don't you talk **** about McElhinney!

Who? ;)

I think he beat us didn't he?

The Wyzerhood 11-30-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 40228053)
Well Ryan is getting trade. Thats about as close to a fact as you can get until it actually happens.

Also Beauchemin skates pretty well from everything Ive seen of him, and its been well documented his time in Toronto was an anomaly as he was great before and after being there. Hes better than Kubina, Clark, and Gervais.

I would be interested in Vishnovsky though if he was healthy again which I think he is.

I just don't believe all the hype surrounding the situation right now. I also can't see SFY going for a another forward (no matter how good they are) when this team has bigger issues on d and in net.

Beauchemin's time post Toronto has not been that good either, though he has been producing better offensively this year. He's good enough for a top 4 role but his foot speed and decision making are still average at best. He'd be an upgrade over Kubina, Clark and Gervais, but then we'd be stuck with a plethora of defensemen that nobody wants, especially when Ohlund returns. Gervais could be sent down, but that still leaves Kubina and Clark as the 7th and 8th defensemen...

TBLHoser 11-30-2011 09:38 PM

Bobby Ryan ($5.1M) + Beauchemin ($3.8M) cap hits = too much for us. We'd have to move some major money to make that work.

Kusic 11-30-2011 09:40 PM

Purcell + Downie + Kubina + Panik

for

Ryan + Beauchemin

The Wyzerhood 11-30-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusic (Post 40229279)
Purcell + Downie + Kubina + Panik

for

Ryan + Beauchemin

:laugh:

No 1st and/or Connolly/Ashton?? Anaheim puts down the phone and laughs.

TBLHoser 11-30-2011 09:58 PM

If anything - Purcell or Downie + 1st and Ashton.

Just not sure how to fit him in our cap. We'd be responsible for the remainder of this years cap hit but Rollie and Kubina come off the books next year. By moving Downie we'd save there too since he's an RFA. Will need to get another goalie and sign Moore & Hall which should be reasonable. It might work....

IdealisticSniper 11-30-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucLight (Post 40231037)
If anything - Purcell or Downie + 1st and Ashton.

Just not sure how to fit him in our cap. We'd be responsible for the remainder of this years cap hit but Rollie and Kubina come off the books next year. By moving Downie we'd save there too since he's an RFA. Will need to get another goalie and sign Moore & Hall which should be reasonable. It might work....

Purcell+1st+Ashton/Connolly(their pick) for Ryan

Downie for Schneider

Engrave TBL on the Cup. :laugh:

Still All In 11-30-2011 10:26 PM

I mean Ryan is awesome and relatively cheap but there are other things to address...

Still All In 11-30-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 40231455)
Purcell+1st+Ashton/Connolly(their pick) for Ryan

Downie for Schneider

Engrave TBL on the Cup. :laugh:

I like Ryan but I dont think i'd do the first... thats ridiculous.

Teddy is a 50 pt player and Connolly still projects to be a 30 goal scorer one day.

IdealisticSniper 11-30-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton (Post 40233201)
I mean Ryan is awesome and relatively cheap but there are other things to address...

100% agree, as stated in the first post ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton (Post 40233605)
I like Ryan but I dont think i'd do the first... thats ridiculous.

Teddy is a 50 pt player and Connolly still projects to be a 30 goal scorer one day.

Purcell seems to be in the doghouse more than on the ice, and as slick as his hands are, his work ethic sometimes comes into question. Id take Ryan over Purcell all day every day. But yeah thats a lot to give up for Ryan alone. Maybe if we got a dman back as well.

snowden 11-30-2011 10:55 PM

I think this next month is going to be awesome to watch as far as trades go. There's just too many rumors floating about. I don't see us making any serious play on Ryan but that 3 team deal would make a lot of sense.

Still All In 11-30-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 40234577)
100% agree, as stated in the first post ;)



Purcell seems to be in the doghouse more than on the ice, and as slick as his hands are, his work ethic sometimes comes into question. Id take Ryan over Purcell all day every day. But yeah thats a lot to give up for Ryan alone. Maybe if we got a dman back as well.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/10/0...-rush-hour.jpg

Well no ****. But you were talking about Purcell, a first, and a guy that was looking at going first overall if it werent for a hip injury.

Teddy is on pace for 50 points, btw.

Vasilevskiy 12-01-2011 05:29 AM

This is gonna sound weird but I can tell you that I've heard some ducks fans that want Hiller out of there, they have some nice goaltending prospects and Hiller is not playing like he used to before vertigo.

Hiller
Ryan

for

Downie
1st
Purcell/Malone
Roloson/Garon
Panik


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.