HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What is the deal with Brayden Schenn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1044061)

prob22 12-01-2011 04:07 PM

What is the deal with Brayden Schenn

Ive watched this kid for a while in the AHL, even got to see him live for the few games he was in Manchester as im from NH. I expected him to come in this year with a talented team and be a possible ROY canidate but the kid is practically non-existant, Couturier has been more involved to this point. Is this kid busting or what is his deal?

Beef Invictus 12-01-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prob22 (Post 40266715)
Ive watched this kid for a while in the AHL, even got to see him live for the few games he was in Manchester as im from NH. I expected him to come in this year with a talented team and be a possible ROY canidate but the kid is practically non-existant, Couturier has been more involved to this point. Is this kid busting or what is his deal?

He broke his foot.

RoDu 12-01-2011 04:13 PM

The deal with Schenn is actually the same deal with airline food

mirimon 12-01-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 40266817)
He broke his foot.

Since when has that been a valid excuse?

JLHockeyKnight 12-01-2011 04:18 PM

He was murdered but has been brought back from the dead to seek vengence on those that murdered him and his fiancee.

No wait that's the plot for The Crow.

BrindamoursNose 12-01-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 40267123)
He was murdered but has been brought back from the dead to seek vengence on those that murdered him and his fiancee.

Can't wait until we play CBJ again. He'll have his shot at Jeff "Fun boy" Carter

Beef Invictus 12-01-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirimon (Post 40266995)

Oh right. It isn't.

He's a bum for not being the T-1000, trade him for scraps.

Spongolium* 12-01-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prob22 (Post 40266715)

Are you 12? You could have clearly seen that he hasn't played many NHL games. Yet you question why he's not involved?

prob22 12-01-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 40267283)
Are you 12? You could have clearly seen that he hasn't played many NHL games. Yet you question why he's not involved?

Yea exactly my point!!! Going into the year the hype for this kid was huge. He's only played 4 games though and hence why I asked what the deal with him was. Is he hurt? Does he just suck more than people thought? Apparently he broke his foot and couldnt play.

Beef Invictus 12-01-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prob22 (Post 40267411)
Yea exactly my point!!! Going into the year the hype for this kid was huge. He's only played 4 games though and hence why I asked what the deal with him was. Is he hurt? Does he just suck more than people thought? Apparently he broke his foot and couldnt play.

He broke his foot and couldn't play. On top of that the team has been tight to the cap and there hasn't been much reason to bring him up right away. He's been allowed to rehab in the AHL. He just got recalled, actually.

JLHockeyKnight 12-01-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 40267283)

Believe it or not, there's multiple reasons why some players don't play in the NHL.

Regardless, Beef pretty much covered it in post 10. Although let's be honest, The Crow is a kickass movie.

Beef Invictus 12-01-2011 04:43 PM

The sequels...not so much.

Jumping 12-01-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 40267123)

No, I thought that it was that his parents were murdered by a thug with a gun right in front of his eyes in Gotham City and then at their grave he pledged to train his body and his mind to fight crime in the NHL.

Beef Invictus 12-01-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumping (Post 40268153)
No, I thought that it was that his parents were murdered by a thug with a gun right in front of his eyes in Gotham City and then at their grave he pledged to train his body and his mind to fight crime in the NHL.

That's Jody Shelley. He's getting ready to hand the mantle off to Rinaldo though. Rinaldo's parents were circus acrobats who died in a tragic accident.

Jumping 12-01-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 40268285)
That's Jody Shelley. He's getting ready to hand the mantle off to Rinaldo though. Rinaldo's parents were circus acrobats who died in a tragic accident.

At least we have Claude Giroux who was placed in a space capsule at birth by his father Jor-el and sent to the earth to escape the fate of his planet which exploded as he left its gravitational field. He crashed to earth in a farmers field near the small town of Hearst, Ontario and was raised by the farmer and his wife to dominate the NHL.

The Flin Flon Bomber 12-01-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumping (Post 40268461)
At least we have Claude Giroux who was placed in a space capsule at birth by his father Jor-el and sent to the earth to escape the fate of his planet which exploded as he left its gravitational field. He crashed to earth in a farmers field near the small town of Hearst, Ontario and was raised by the farmer and his wife to dominate the NHL.

His only weakness? Mustache dye.

Phileeguy 12-01-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 40268285)

Waaah wah wah wah.
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...uy/bettman.jpg

Flyerfan808 12-01-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirimon (Post 40266995)

Ever since Jeff Carter? :sarcasm:

WeekendAtBernies 12-01-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prob22 (Post 40267411)

I can't play games and hide from the truth anymore like all the other people in this thread.

Yes, Brayden Schenn sucks. He is god awful.

He's been an utter disappointment in Philly.

At this point, I'd probably trade him to your team (the Bruins) for scraps.

If you gave us a lowly offer like Dougie Hamilton + Tyler Seguin, I'd probably just cut our losses with the kid and trade him.

MAYBE you guys can reclaim some of the talent he was once thought to have. I doubt it though... he's been pretty awful here.

achdumeingute 12-01-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phileeguy (Post 40268975)

Win.
This thread is great.

DeflatedFootball7 12-01-2011 05:47 PM

Not to mention we have Erik Gustaffson! An international super spy in employ of the Swedish Secret service. Oh wait I forgot. There is no Erik Gustaffson!

JLHockeyKnight 12-01-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumping (Post 40268461)

Not to be mixed up with Chris Pronger, who found an alien space craft with a dying alien inside that crashed on earth. The alien gave Chris a glowing green elbow pad. After saying the oath, he was transported to another planet where he was brought into the All Star Defenseman Corps. Now he's part of an elite intergalactic unit that protects NHL defensemen throughout the galaxy.

Beef Invictus 12-01-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 40271393)
Not to be mixed up with Chris Pronger, who found an alien space craft with a dying alien inside that crashed on earth. The alien gave Chris a glowing green elbow pad. After saying the oath, he was transported to another planet where he was brought into the All Star Defenseman Corps. Now he's part of an elite intergalactic unit that protects NHL defensemen throughout the galaxy.

His only weakness is black and white stripes.

Broad st phantom 12-01-2011 07:26 PM

This might be the single most greatest thread I have ever laid my eyes on. My life is complete.

SnS 12-01-2011 08:46 PM

This is closed. Move along.